2012 Focus - Aftermarket Stereo possibilities. - Page 12 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #111
Yanner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93640
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue 5MT hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Yanner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My car is ordered (factory order). SEL hatch with manual. Stayed with the basic package, mainly so I could upgrade the stereo, but sprung with the leather and sunroof....and 17's ;)

I have a few weeks to wait, but I'll be keeping a close eye on this forum to see how others are making out.

-Yann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #112
herbz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84909
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch 5MT Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 herbz Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanner View Post
My car is ordered (factory order). SEL hatch with manual. Stayed with the basic package, mainly so I could upgrade the stereo, but sprung with the leather and sunroof....and 17's ;)

I have a few weeks to wait, but I'll be keeping a close eye on this forum to see how others are making out.

-Yann
Congrats! You canadians are lucky, with the higher trim availble with the 5 speed. I'm looking to swap my seats with the leather from the higher trims at some point in the future.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #113
redngreedy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86983
What I Drive: 12' Tuxedo Black Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 redngreedy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBigone101x View Post
have the titanium and i love the system
I beg to differ. I know this is a "stock system", but my wife's 2012 Explorer without the Sony system is better than mine.

Hopefully in the next month or so, I will be doing a total makeover of the system.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #114
Yanner
Focus Enthusiast

I have a question for those who have seen under the dash of the non-sony equipped cars. If one were to get one of the double din dash kits, would there be room to mount only an LCD screen in that space and retain the factory hardware behind behind it? I realize you'd be losing some buttons, but otherwise...?

Thanks
Old 01-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #115
gootman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92669
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot silver Ford Focus HB SE

FF Reputation: 1 gootman Good Standing Member
ACV control adapter installations

Wow, having trouble posting pics. Well anyways for those who bought the double din from the dutch ebay to make the steering wheel controls work with your set all you have to do is disconnect the connection from the time/ date screen and connect that connection to the acv adapter and the connection that came with the acv adapter connects to the time/date set. you will need to cut the yellow and black wires (acv adapter) to tap to the ones from the vehicle. Voila! steering controls work.

Sorry if this makes no sense but cant figure out how to post pics.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #116
herbz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84909
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch 5MT Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 herbz Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gootman View Post
Wow, having trouble posting pics. Well anyways for those who bought the double din from the dutch ebay to make the steering wheel controls work with your set all you have to do is disconnect the connection from the time/ date screen and connect that connection to the acv adapter and the connection that came with the acv adapter connects to the time/date set. you will need to cut the yellow and black wires (acv adapter) to tap to the ones from the vehicle. Voila! steering controls work.

Sorry if this makes no sense but cant figure out how to post pics.
I took a closer look at the adapter to see what you were talking about with the yellow and black wires. Basically the acv harness has all the wires that should go to the aftermarket stereo routed into a euro type connector. The wires should but cut to get rid of these connectors. But if you look at the connectors closely you'll see the yellow wire you're talking about tied in with a couple of other yellow wires. When you cut the connector off these wires will no longer be tied together. You need to keep them tied together. No splicing of factory wires necessary, as long as you keep the wires together the steering wheel control should derive its power/gnd from the other wires in the circuit, not from the car. Hope that makes sense but my installer seemed to get it. Hopefully Saturday I'll be able to post some pics as I get my car back tmrw night
Old 01-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #117
Yanner
Focus Enthusiast

I was wondering if I could bump my previous question if any of you guys who have gone thru the aftermarket double din install could comment?

Quote:
I have a question for those who have seen under the dash of the non-sony equipped cars. If one were to get one of the double din dash kits, would there be room to mount only an LCD screen in that space and retain the factory hardware behind behind it? I realize you'd be losing some buttons, but otherwise...?

Thanks
Old 02-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #118
84convertablegt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94511
What I Drive: 2012 White Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 84convertablegt Good Standing Member
suscribing
Old 02-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #119
memphiscbrider
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86469
What I Drive: 2012 white se

FF Reputation: 1 memphiscbrider Good Standing Member
Quote:
I was wondering if I could bump my previous question if any of you guys who have gone thru the aftermarket double din install could comment?
to answer your question as best as i can. i have seen behind the factory dash. there is plenty of room for other things. i have my pioneer double din and a pioneer xm sat radio module installed all behind the dash kit with a little room left over. sorry i dont have pics but i think theres some pics on here somehwere from where someone has been behind the dash. just a quick question... what elese could you possibly put back there?
Old 02-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #120
Yanner
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphiscbrider View Post
just a quick question... what elese could you possibly put back there?
Thanks for the info, I saw that picture of the head unit with the cover removed in the other thread.

My curiosity came from the possibility of using one of the aftermarket double din dash kits, but keeping the stock head unit and installing just a screen or maybe a permanently installed tablet in the double din space, and keeping all the stock functionality of the sync.

Although, along those lines, it looks like 2012 will be the year for android based head units hitting the market!

Bookmarks & Social Networks