No notice about low windshield washer fluid - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #21
2012mtlselfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94589
What I Drive: Ford Focus SEL 2012

FF Reputation: 1 2012mtlselfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophonous View Post
Running orange Rain-X fluid. Never get a chance to see light come on since I top it off when I check oil in my garage every few weeks.
It seems its not a light on the dashboard that lights up... its just a reminder on the info screen.... on my 2005 ford freestyle the message center is far older then the one in the focus... and it remind me everytime i start the car... and every like 30 mins while driving that the washer fluid is low until i refill....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #22
cacophonous
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89165
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti & 2005 Saab 92X Aero

FF Reputation: 2 cacophonous Good Standing Member
I probably worded that incorrectly. I meant I never got a light since I never run out.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #23
2012mtlselfocus
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
The oil change maintenance minder light doesn't come on after 10,000 miles. An updated PCM/TCM fixes it, though. I've had low washer fluid where I noticed it wasn't spraying my full windshield. I refilled it at that point, so I guess I won't know until next time.
PCM updates are free at the dealer?
Old 02-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #24
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012mtlselfocus View Post
Yes if the car is in warranty and the dealer believes the car "needs" the update.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #25
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
You could always do what I did? Wait 10,000 miles then say your oil change light never came on. I don't know how long it'll take you to hit 10,000 miles, though.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #26
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Yeah i know but it is very annoying when you live in a winter country.... and you start your car in the morning with no messages that the fluid is low... then get on the road assuming you have enough for your day and then runs out on the highway!
I do I had to look though salt residue too. I can see this beoming an issue on the highway though.

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #27
2012mtlselfocus
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
You could always do what I did? Wait 10,000 miles then say your oil change light never came on. I don't know how long it'll take you to hit 10,000 miles, though.
hey... well i live in canada so its in km... but the weird thing you know in the manual it says to not go further then 16 000 km between the oil change... and that the computer checking the oil is intelligent depending on the driving condition lot of idle or highways and will advertise you between 8 and 16k km.... i got the car at 22 km on odometer.... did the first oil change at costco will castrol syntec at around 7000 km (way cheaper that at the dealer!) did my oil reset on the computer as saying in the booklet.... now its at 21 000km and still no warning... was waiting for the message... seems that it is not working so i will do my oil change soon.... anyways my point is that when i called the dealer about the windshield washer fluid issue... the tech told me to do my oil change at 8000 km and not 16 000km! wtf!? I will go for my PCM update for sure!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #28
evoamac
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91242
What I Drive: 2006 Black Evo

FF Reputation: 1 evoamac Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
Goes along the lines of the "change oil soon" message that never appears on this car, even after the 10,000 mile maximum oil change interval.

Or the TPMS system taking 15 miles to indicate low tire pressure.

Or the TPMS system not detecting the spare tire is in use.

Or the instrument cluster still showing the headlamps on or the doors open on the "car graphic" even though they aren't.

Or the auto dimming mirror staying activated even when the ignition is off.

Or the automatic headlamps "rain lamp" feature not activating when in interval or rain-sensing position.

Or the "rear park aid" overlay getting stuck in the message center

Or the MFT screen saying the rear camera is unavailable, please contact dealer when the car doesn't even have the rear camera option.

Probably another programming glitch. Keep reporting this stuff to the dealership so hopefully Ford can fix it for the customers that buy a 2013 Focus.

And no, I haven't had the washer fluid level low enough to see if it works or not, but it probably doesn't.
are you driving my car, I pretty much have all of those except the auto dimming mirror thing. but none of these really concerns me tho. well, except maybe the flat tire thing which haven't occurred yet
Old 02-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #29
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
hey... well i live in canada so its in km... but the weird thing you know in the manual it says to not go further then 16 000 km between the oil change... and that the computer checking the oil is intelligent depending on the driving condition lot of idle or highways and will advertise you between 8 and 16k km.... i got the car at 22 km on odometer.... did the first oil change at costco will castrol syntec at around 7000 km (way cheaper that at the dealer!) did my oil reset on the computer as saying in the booklet.... now its at 21 000km and still no warning... was waiting for the message... seems that it is not working so i will do my oil change soon.... anyways my point is that when i called the dealer about the windshield washer fluid issue... the tech told me to do my oil change at 8000 km and not 16 000km! wtf!? I will go for my PCM update for sure!
The dealer is always going to tell you to get your oil changed more frequently - in hopes that you get it done at the dealership... I wanted to change my oil myself at like 5k miles, but never got to it (I checked it often, though - it never even got lower than the hash marks on the dipstick). Then it got cold outside (I live downtown and don't even have a garage/driveway) so I kept putting it off even though I had already bought the filter and the oil. Finally I just had the dealership do it when they reprogrammed my PCM/TCM.

The reasoning was two-fold; I needed the oil change, but also I figured they wouldn't argue about the reprogramming if I got my oil change done there as well.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #30
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoamac View Post
are you driving my car, I pretty much have all of those except the auto dimming mirror thing. but none of these really concerns me tho. well, except maybe the flat tire thing which haven't occurred yet
You guys must have the early production 2012 focus? I have no issues here.

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks