DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 50 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #491
Silver 2012 Focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93854
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Silver 2012 Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Same thing with me when I bought my car; my dealer didn’t have the model I wanted. Turns out my supposedly "friendly" dealer near my parent’s house was only friendly when they had to sell me a car – not fix it. So I took it to another dealer near my work, the service manager was also a d*ck. Soooo I took it to the dealer near my house in Milwaukee. Tech guy says “TSB? Sounds good; I’ll schedule you for Wednesday.” Now THAT is service. Told him I’d even get my oil change done there instead of doing it myself as a way to show my appreciation.
Which dealer in Milwaukee?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #492
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 2012 Focus View Post
Which dealer in Milwaukee?
I have an appointment Wednesday morning at Heiser Ford. I told them that my oil change light hasn't come on after 10k miles and I heard there was a TSB for it. I'm at 14.5k and my last one (done at a dealership) was at 4k, so... he really couldn't argue there.

EDIT: If you wait a few days, I can call them back after the reprogramming (assuming they do it - I don't see why they wouldn't) and tell them how my car drives much better and that they should give it to everyone that comes in. We can see how that goes...

Last edited by PratoN; 01-30-2012 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Other stuff...
Old 01-31-2012, 08:18 AM   #493
Ghost71
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91701
What I Drive: 2012 black Ti hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Ghost71 Good Standing Member
I just got mine back. Seems like it has better pick uP And shifts Doesnt want to stall driving up my driveway. 120104A TBS 12 01 04 Reprogram PCM
Old 01-31-2012, 09:44 AM   #494
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
Is there anything "special" you have to do to get dealers to do these updates?? I already asked one and they had mentioned something ab out a list of criteria being met, one being that it had to be like 60 degrees outside (at least) to recreate the problem...
Mine I don't think matters what temperature it's at. It does funky things at different temperatures at speeds. (like I've noticed in the cold, when inching forward, there is sort of a knocking sound from the trans, but this doesn't always happen. but it happens more often than not...) And the car seems to shutter/vibrate/shake a bit when it does this--like it's about to stall or something.
I just told my dealer about 12-01-04 when bringing it in for some other stuff, and he wrote it down and said they'd take care of it.

Picked it up on Friday and they said they'd applied the TSB. Noticed they'd driven it about 10 miles (quick odo. check) so I assume that was part of the procedure. So far, I don't notice any huge differences (note that my car is an early Dec. build, so it already had a newer/updated tranny) except for the fact that it's clearly in Learn Mode again. Shakes like it's about to stall half the time when I let off the brake at idle, etc.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 01-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #495
Ghost71
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91701
What I Drive: 2012 black Ti hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Ghost71 Good Standing Member
Mine was 10 miles as well.....
Old 01-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #496
Superd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87917
What I Drive: '12 candy red titanium hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Superd Good Standing Member
Took mine in yesterday after making an appointment last week. It was my first visit to Mcalpine Ford in aurora Ontario and the service was top notch.
I explained the concerns I had with the dct,early shifting,inconsistent idle and false neutrals a couple of times and the service writer Monica said they would take care of it. I did mention I was aware of a tsb that might address the concerns I had.
Got a call a few hours later that they had downloaded the update from Ford and applied it to my focus and that it was ready to go! The invoice stated the tsb applied (12-1-4) and that the drive cycle had been done, heck they even gave me a coupon for a free car wash!
The car was not purchased from this dealer and they did not even ask where it had been. They simply offerred great personel service and in the process they have earned my buisness for the future when I need them.
The car shifts smoother and quicker and there is a more linear response to throttle inputs v.s. shift points than before. The car starts off smoother and behaves better than before .
Old 01-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #497
teamtrinity
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93933
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 teamtrinity Good Standing Member
Hello,

I have a 2012 Ford Focus SE hatchback with PowerShift transmission. It has 1020 miles on it. During my daily driving today, it developed a odd sound that had not existed before.

Sometimes, not always, but sometimes when it shifts into second gear it makes a odd grinding/rattling/chattering sort of noise. So far, it only seems to be when it shifts to second.

Will this TSB fix this? I bought this Focus a couple weeks ago. How do I know if my Focus already has this TSB applied to it?

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #498
Superd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87917
What I Drive: '12 candy red titanium hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Superd Good Standing Member
Take your car into the dealer and explain your concerns that's what the warranty is for! They can check to see if your car has the latest programming or if it something else that needs to be looked at.

teamtrinity...epic?
Old 01-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #499
hothatch
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93693
What I Drive: 2012 5-Door SE, Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 1 hothatch Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooTall View Post
After reading about the TSB on this website, I was driving towards home when it seemed like my car was in neutral. In other words I had no forward power. I then shifted into neutral and back to drive and everything was o.k. I called the dealer and made an appointment and they applied the update.
Today something similar happened to me. I was sitting at a light, and when it turned green, I stepped on the gas, and the car didn't respond at all. The engine didn't rev, and the car didn't move. The car was on, but just idling despite my stepping on the gas pedal. I stepped on the gas a couple more times with no response. I shifted into park, and then back into drive and it finally took off. I pissed off everyone behind me pretty bad, they probably thought I just wasn't paying attention at the light.

Just made an appt with my dealer today, will post an update when I get through with it!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #500
Shahe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91168
What I Drive: 2012 White Focus Titanium 5Dr

FF Reputation: 1 Shahe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatch View Post
Today something similar happened to me. I was sitting at a light, and when it turned green, I stepped on the gas, and the car didn't respond at all. The engine didn't rev, and the car didn't move. The car was on, but just idling despite my stepping on the gas pedal. I stepped on the gas a couple more times with no response. I shifted into park, and then back into drive and it finally took off. I pissed off everyone behind me pretty bad, they probably thought I just wasn't paying attention at the light.

Just made an appt with my dealer today, will post an update when I get through with it!
I had the same issue once and I just brought the car in for the TSB yesterday. I will report once I pick it up tomorrow.

EDIT: They finished early, picked it up this evening. The car is much smarter on hills and it doesn't lurch anymore in stop-and-go traffic. Feels like a new car!

Last edited by Shahe; 01-31-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks