DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 49 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #481
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
The clown I talked to at my dealer was super reluctant to even check for a TSB. You could tell he was one of those "I hate my life so I'm gonna make every SOB I meet pay for it" guys. Almost blatantly told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that "I see a thousand cars in here so I'm gonna have to see a problem before I do anything". I described my issues and said I had researched the problem and saw that Ford issued a TSB. Wasn't pushy at all, totally polite.

Thanx dick.

So anymore advice on how to get these guys to cooperate is much obliged.
If you spoke with a service writer, see the service manager. If you spoke to the service manager, find another (and better) dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 08:20 AM   #482
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
The clown I talked to at my dealer was super reluctant to even check for a TSB. You could tell he was one of those "I hate my life so I'm gonna make every SOB I meet pay for it" guys. Almost blatantly told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that "I see a thousand cars in here so I'm gonna have to see a problem before I do anything". I described my issues and said I had researched the problem and saw that Ford issued a TSB. Wasn't pushy at all, totally polite.

Thanx dick.

So anymore advice on how to get these guys to cooperate is much obliged.
Try posting your issue over on the "Technical" portion of this site. Ford's customer service reps monitor that forum and will intervene on behalf of customers. No guarantees, but as you seem to be getting nowhere as is, it could hardly hurt.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #483
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
If you spoke with a service writer, see the service manager. If you spoke to the service manager, find another (and better) dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
Try posting your issue over on the "Technical" portion of this site. Ford's customer service reps monitor that forum and will intervene on behalf of customers. No guarantees, but as you seem to be getting nowhere as is, it could hardly hurt.
Smizak ... ^^++1; Their application of this TSB is a cake walk. Unless the service manager is this dick's uncle, I'd stick with the dealer you bought the car at. Your sales person could also be influential and save you the dirty work of getting these clowns to do their jobs. He / she has the most to lose with your dissatisfaction.
Hatch Nation #174
Old 01-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #484
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsp_53 View Post
Smizak ... ^^++1; Their application of this TSB is a cake walk. Unless the service manager is this dick's uncle, I'd stick with the dealer you bought the car at. Your sales person could also be influential and save you the dirty work of getting these clowns to do their jobs. He / she has the most to lose with your dissatisfaction.
Thanks.

Hopefully that clownshoe wasn't in charge over there. I'm thinking of calling my sales guy, but he's in a town about 20mi the opposite direction at a sister dealership. My more local one didn't have the car I wanted. I'll see what he can do...
Old 01-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #485
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
.... I'm thinking of calling my sales guy, but he's in a town about 20mi the opposite direction at a sister dealership...
Same thing with me when I bought my car; my dealer didn’t have the model I wanted. Turns out my supposedly "friendly" dealer near my parent’s house was only friendly when they had to sell me a car – not fix it. So I took it to another dealer near my work, the service manager was also a d*ck. Soooo I took it to the dealer near my house in Milwaukee. Tech guy says “TSB? Sounds good; I’ll schedule you for Wednesday.” Now THAT is service. Told him I’d even get my oil change done there instead of doing it myself as a way to show my appreciation.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #486
TooTall
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91532
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 TooTall Good Standing Member
After reading about the TSB on this website, I was driving towards home when it seemed like my car was in neutral. In other words I had no forward power. I then shifted into neutral and back to drive and everything was o.k. I called the dealer and made an appointment and they applied the update. Everything was fine and the car shifted much smoother than before even though I had no complaints about the way it shifted then.
I think I have a new problem. I recently took a 400 mile trip and could not get over 36.6 mpg. I had taken the same trip twice before the TSB upgrade and managed an easy 40 mpg with speeds of 65 - 70 mph.
I'm now wondering if anyone else has seen a drop in mpg after the TSB upgrade?
Old 01-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #487
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooTall View Post
I think I have a new problem. I recently took a 400 mile trip and could not get over 36.6 mpg. I had taken the same trip twice before the TSB upgrade and managed an easy 40 mpg with speeds of 65 - 70 mph.
I'm now wondering if anyone else has seen a drop in mpg after the TSB upgrade?
Is this based on the dash or actual measurements/fuel-ups? Lots of things can effect fuel consumption. Considering they haven't changed your gears themselves, once the car is in 6th gear, the output ratio will not change. This may effect your city gas mileage slightly, but not highway. Note that engine load will effect gas mileage more than RPM (though, a higher RPM will have more friction, and thus increase consumption). Ford hasn't changed the EPA estimates after the update, so I think any issues you are seeing are coincidental.

My $0.02.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #488
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 frosted glass SEL '67 Gal vert.

FF Reputation: 2 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Fuel mix and temp also could be the difference. Colder denser air, more friction at higher speeds, etc.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #489
TooTall
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91532
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 TooTall Good Standing Member
The posts by PratoN & Rogerschro are probably right on with their answers to my question of lower mpg.
I did this trip in much colder weather than my previous trips plus it was raining off and on just about the whole trip.
Thanks for your replies.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #490
Silver 2012 Focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93854
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Silver 2012 Focus Good Standing Member
Which dealer in Milwaukee?

Bookmarks & Social Networks