Parking Aid Malfunction - Service Required - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #11
josh1899
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92642
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 josh1899 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've tried the system once, but the big fear I have is the car parking itself too close to the curb and getting curb rash on the rims. Is the system smart enough to keep car a certain distance from curb no matter what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #12
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1899 View Post
I've tried the system once, but the big fear I have is the car parking itself too close to the curb and getting curb rash on the rims. Is the system smart enough to keep car a certain distance from curb no matter what?
I find it parks either the perfect distance, or too far - especially with awkward snow banks.

I had an issue with my rim rubbing the curb, but I believe it happened pulling away from the curb (i.e.: turning and driving forward instead of backing up first).
Old 01-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #13
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Quote:
Yes, it is. It is close (not more than 10 cm = 4") but it is. If you don't want to be too close to the curb, while in revers, press the brake pedal and stop the car. The system will ask you to put it in drive and it will continue to perform the parking from there. I find the system an excellent one, even though I didn't test it while snowing - because for obvious reasons. And it is great for my wife. She likes it and never had a problem to park the car in "tiny" spaces.
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #14
Auslander
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88411
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus 2012 SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Auslander Good Standing Member
Hi everyone,

6th month into my 12 Focus up here in wintery east coast Canada. Last week my Parking Aid Malfunction - Service Required showed up on the dash... like the photos at the beginning of this post. The difference however is that I can't see anything blocking the sensors. It doesn't trigger all the time either. Like today it hasn't gone off but I haven't driven as much as the last couple of days. Are there any suggestions any one can offer that I can do besides cleaning off the sensors (already tried that).

Thanks in advance!
Albert Einstein
Old 01-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #15
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslander View Post
Hi everyone,

6th month into my 12 Focus up here in wintery east coast Canada. Last week my Parking Aid Malfunction - Service Required showed up on the dash... like the photos at the beginning of this post. The difference however is that I can't see anything blocking the sensors. It doesn't trigger all the time either. Like today it hasn't gone off but I haven't driven as much as the last couple of days. Are there any suggestions any one can offer that I can do besides cleaning off the sensors (already tried that).

Thanks in advance!
Yikes, you got me on that one. If it is still snowing, you might want to try bringing out a warm glass of water and old toothbrush and cleaning the sensors in the front AND the back. If that doesn't work, it could be a wiring issue... to the dealer!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #16
evoamac
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91242
What I Drive: 2006 Black Evo

FF Reputation: 1 evoamac Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamsicle View Post
I got a similar error twice on the MFT screen "backup camera failure, please contact dealer". thing is, I don't HAVE a backup camera. LOL.
yep, same here, no camera but get backup camera error message.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #17
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Quote:
Watch this [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5RiDwNcWTa4[/YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5RiDwNcWTa4
Old 02-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #18
Auslander
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Update on sensors.

Okay so I am writings his sitting in the lounge at Avalon Ford, here in St. John's. Last week they replaced my back right sensor, not sure how they can tell which sensor but they did. As soon as I got the car in the driveway the error came up again. Called Avalon Ford and that is where I am now this Monday. They are telling me that they think it's a front sensor now. The car is on the ramp and they removed the bottom shield on the front fender. They tell me it can be another hour.

These sensors seem becoming a problem of the Focus. Anyone else have the same issues with their sensors. It sounds like a wiring issue.

Auslander
Albert Einstein
Old 02-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #19
safetyguy14
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86232
What I Drive: '12 Grey Metallic Focus Hb Ti

FF Reputation: 1 safetyguy14 Good Standing Member
haven't had any issues yet on my 4/11 build focus w/ parking assist package. Haven't seen too many rumblings on here either. The system is fairly well understood and the manufacturer has been putting these things on cars for years and years. My guess is you got a gremlin in your harness somewhere.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #20
Auslander
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

safetyguy14:

Just got it back they have to order the driver side harness needs to be replaced from Michigan. Two weeks and hopefully this time it will be fixed. I am not the most tech-savy but anyone know why the harness would have issues? It's just a few wires isn't it?

The dealership said they didn't encounter this issue but were the 2012 is new to us it may lead followups down the road. I wasn't sure if the Park Aid was something new, thought it was existing in other models already.

Auslander
Albert Einstein

Bookmarks & Social Networks