Which car manufacturer do you hate most? - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Which manufacturer do you dislike the most?
Honda 31 19.02%
Chevrolet 34 20.86%
Dodge 16 9.82%
Hyundai 9 5.52%
Chrysler 31 19.02%
Toyota 42 25.77%
Mazda 0 0%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #71
xwhit3devilx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86578
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE SFE

FF Reputation: 2 xwhit3devilx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformerzx3 View Post
I hate Toyota because it sucks... That is all... And if i had to choose a car that i hate and think its ugly as hell.. Ima go with nissan joke.. I mean juke... Hehe and the cube..
I mean.. Nissan, what the hell were you thinking when you desingned those horrible cars...?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using FF Mobile
I agree the Juke looks fugly but it's actually quite a good car and very practical; especially in urban areas. It weighs the same as a Focus (3000lbs), but has 188hp and 177lb/ft; that makes it quite zippy. It handles well; even better if you but the 4wd model, and it isn't that expensive. I could go on. Oh, and that fact you can change engine calibration settings at the push of a button is really awesome. Then there's the Juke R, which is bat#$%# insane. Its got the twin turbo V6 from the GTR stuffed in it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP5MBWVYizg
The Cube however can go die in a hole.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #72
transformerzx3
Blazin' the Twisties

Fan#: 77744
What I Drive: 2006 Black-ed out Boosted ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 transformerzx3 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwhit3devilx View Post
I agree the Juke looks fugly but it's actually quite a good car and very practical; especially in urban areas. It weighs the same as a Focus (3000lbs), but has 188hp and 177lb/ft; that makes it quite zippy. It handles well; even better if you but the 4wd model, and it isn't that expensive. I could go on. Oh, and that fact you can change engine calibration settings at the push of a button is really awesome. Then there's the Juke R, which is bat#$%# insane. Its got the twin turbo V6 from the GTR stuffed in it! The Cube however can go die in a hole.
Meh..
I still hate juke.. No matter what it has... So both juke and cube could go die in a hole...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using FF Mobile
April 2012 Ride Of The Month
Hatch Nation #33
Old 01-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #73
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6, 02 ZTS

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I like how everyone keeps not liking chrysler for the tranny issues. Even thought they have fixed the issue. I love Ford more than any other company out there but they can't build a auto tranny to save their lifes.

Sedan Revolution#13
Rally Revolution#99
Old 01-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #74
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The transmission in the Transit Connect sucks, which I believe is related to or the same as, the transmission in the pre-2012 Focus. And judging by the complaints about the 2012, that isn't much of an improvement.

Like I said earlier, Chrysler has the capability to be an innovative company. I want to like them. I'm not sure I get why so many people seem to dislike them, but I guess someone has to be the villain. They make some crappy products, but so does every car company (that makes cars for ordinary people, anyway).
Old 01-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #75
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6, 02 ZTS

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Not a single auto transmission in the rangers are worth a damn either.

Sedan Revolution#13
Rally Revolution#99
Old 01-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #76
2.0 Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94292
What I Drive: 2007 White Focus

FF Reputation: 0 2.0 Focus Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsroar View Post
I find this thread to be kind of juvenile.

I don't hate any manufacturer. I like or dislike individual models, but not an entire make. For example; many hate Chrysler. I happen to like the Crossfire as well as the 300, especially the SRT versions of each.

FF members should also realize that if this thread was posted on any other automotive board Ford is going to come up, it's inevitable. I just visited some family and one of them is shopping for a vehicle. I recommended the 2012 Focus, showed them one with options, leather, etc. You know what they said? "Putting leather in a Ford is like putting a dress on a pig." Really? Well 'scuse me. I drove all the way home in my FORD FUSION with BLACK LEATHER SEATS WITH CONTRAST CREME STITCHING.

So before you vote in this poll, remember that Ford isn't on the list merely because we are on a Ford site...
+1 on that

How can you hate an entire car manufacturers line up. I bet half the people haven't driven more than one of their cars or non at all and just heard some total bs stories.
I love how people seem to think that one manufacturer is superior to the other. Different cars are for different people.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #77
josephd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84356
What I Drive: 2007 SE Dark Toreador Red Pearl

FF Reputation: 1 josephd Good Standing Member
I have never been a fan of Chevy's. I still have a spot in my heart for another Wrangler which is Chrysler. If I bought another pickup, after my last one. Prius or not I would choose a Toyota. Getting rid of it was bittersweet, that truck was bullet proof.
I am still a Ford man though when it comes to cars, another Focus down the road is an option since they are a much improved car.
If I had the cash and if it were my choice, my Focus would be my commuter car. And my dream car,the Mustang Shelby GT 500 would be in my driveway for some weekend fun!
As I cruise into the 50 club, I have gotten to a point with cars where they are just a means of transportation. As I said before I don't want to deal with big car loans. So if I needed a set of wheels, as long as the reliabilty and the maintenance was kept up.It would not matter the model, I would buy the car.
After all, my very first car was a 1970 mustard yellow Ford Maverick for $750.00 with 77,000 miles on the clock. :-D
Old 01-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #78
josephd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84356
What I Drive: 2007 SE Dark Toreador Red Pearl

FF Reputation: 1 josephd Good Standing Member
I have never been a fan of Chevy's. I still have a spot in my heart for another Wrangler which is Chrysler. If I bought another pickup, after my last one. Prius or not I would choose a Toyota. Getting rid of it was bittersweet, that truck was bullet proof.
I am still a Ford man though when it comes to cars, another Focus down the road is an option since they are a much improved car.
If I had the cash and if it were my choice, my Focus would be my commuter car. And my dream car,the Mustang Shelby GT 500 would be in my driveway for some weekend fun!
At this stage in my life, I have gotten to a point where cars are a means of transportaion to me. It would not matter the model, as long as it has a good reliabilty record, and the maintenance was kept up, I would buy the car. After all, my very first car was a, 1970 mustard yellow Ford Maverick with 77,000 miles on the clock for $750.00. :-D
Old 01-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #79
Matte Black
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93404
What I Drive: 2002 matte black svt

FF Reputation: 1 Matte Black Good Standing Member
I myself won't vote to hate any manufacture, but everytime I see a AZCRAP(aztec) I always shake my head at one of the ugliest cars ever designed and wonder why anyone would want to drive one. I guess they must have gotten a good deal.lol
Old 01-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #80
xwhit3devilx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86578
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE SFE

FF Reputation: 2 xwhit3devilx Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdamay View Post
The transmission in the Transit Connect sucks, which I believe is related to or the same as, the transmission in the pre-2012 Focus. And judging by the complaints about the 2012, that isn't much of an improvement.

Like I said earlier, Chrysler has the capability to be an innovative company. I want to like them. I'm not sure I get why so many people seem to dislike them, but I guess someone has to be the villain. They make some crappy products, but so does every car company (that makes cars for ordinary people, anyway).
The transit connect IS a last gen focus. Its built off the same platform and uses the same engine and tranny. Its awful, and I cant even imagine what it would be like with a full load.
Watch this video;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcgHF..._order&list=UL

look at that engine bay; familiar? Oh and this guy does a 0-60.

On the plus side being a Focus in van form means you bolt an fswerks turbo kit to it, as well as a catback system and CAI. Actually, now I kind of want to buy one and do that....

Bookmarks & Social Networks