2000-2004 F-Sport Bumper Group Buy - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Deals > Group Buys & Hot Deals!

Group Buys & Hot Deals! This section is the place you'll find Hot Deals and Special Vendor Discounts offered by our Vendors and Approved Group Buy Sellers.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #51
ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 8 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions View Post
I know the fitment has been fixed major. The fender to the bumper connection was off, as far as fog lights are concerned I wasn't aware there was a specific issue. Regardless of that fact it can be adjusted how ever you wish.

First page of your F2 Feeler thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperThreat View Post
I have the 0-04 F2 RS standard width front bumper.

Opinions:

1. it doesn't fit quite right, the rubbery plastic its made out of warps in the sun easily, and as a result, by the time i purchased it, getting it to fit on the car, and look seamless was ALOT of work, and even now, it still has alot of issues.

2. It flares out around the bottom, and i had to cut and modify the lower half of the bumper to keep it from flaring out wide on the sides, and from caving in and under on the front.

3. the foglight holes dont give many options for mounting fogs. My first set of fogs had an intricate maze of mounting brackets, which never were quite right. I took them off and glued the lights on, but they fell off shortly after. Now, i have another set of lights, but they are held on by a mass of duct-tape and electrical tape. Its unconventional and shabby, but nothing else really works.

4. In terms of aesthetics... Its a shame that the vents on the side are integrated, i would have liked to have something i could take off and have wrapped in carbon fiber, or at least vinyled. It would be even nicer if it could have been compatible with OEM RS vents. Another complaint i have, is that the bumper is substantially lower than the regular bumper. I have stock SVT suspension, and im already dragging quite alot. If i were to put a splitter on, or lower my car, there's no way i could even get up my driveway, no matter how much i angled it. If it were 1/2"-1" shorter, it could still retain the looks, but be much for functional.

Id definitely be interested in a bumper if the above problems were fixed. Otherwise, ill probably go back to the SVT when i paint my car.

What of these have been fixed?

Im completely serious when i say that I am interested in replacing my current F2, but if the above hasnt fixed, then my excitement is for nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #52
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 9 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Points 1 & 2) Your bumper had definite issues. The urethane f2 used was not the best quality. Its obvious in the photos that the fitment is quite good with no flaring issues like you had. The Duraflex material does not have the issues of the urethane. It is more rigid and not susceptible to the sun/heat issues of urethane.

Point 3) Yeah the fog issue on the f2 was not thought out by them. Duraflex though can be easily modded using fiberglass to make the openings larger if needed. The original RS bumper only fits RS fogs and 1 other brand of euro fog. They cost about $150-$200 to get good ones +shipping.

Point 4) Removable vents would be cool. OEM RS vents would cost you the same or even more than the bumper. Cf RS vents are closer to $300. But removable to wrap in cf vinyl would be nice. Again like the fogs this can be done by the user without too much difficulty. But maybe ED might be able to do something but if so then it would drive the price up a bit more :( It does seem to come down lower than true RS. But in the pic he is sitting a little lower than my Svt suspension plus he is on smaller tires than normal. Should end up with about 2" of clearance. I agree if they were able to shorten a 1/2"-3/4" it would provide a bit more clearance and functionality.

In general I'm glad its getting made and maybe they can tweak a few things. Other than that I will be planning to mod my fogs, vents and turns because I can and would be doing that no matter what bumper I got. I can't do true RS since you need the fenders and a load of other stuff that just for the front end would run about $2500-$3000. This gets me close enough and is better looking than anything else we readily have available imo.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 01-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #53
transformerzx3
Rollin' Hard

Fan#: 77744
What I Drive: '03 Red SVT/'05 Focus Zx3

FF Reputation: 6 transformerzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKonaZX3 View Post
See, you never shoulda done the 05-07 front end conversion ;)
i dnt regret doing it at all... i love it but, if i get the chance to switch back just for the svt bumper..meh.. ill do it... what the heck...
April 2012 Ride Of The Month
Hatch Nation #33
Old 01-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #54
Extreme Dimensions
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 53558
What I Drive: Too Many To List

FF Reputation: 2 Extreme Dimensions Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKonaZX3 View Post
Points 1 & 2) Your bumper had definite issues. The urethane f2 used was not the best quality. Its obvious in the photos that the fitment is quite good with no flaring issues like you had. The Duraflex material does not have the issues of the urethane. It is more rigid and not susceptible to the sun/heat issues of urethane.

Point 3) Yeah the fog issue on the f2 was not thought out by them. Duraflex though can be easily modded using fiberglass to make the openings larger if needed. The original RS bumper only fits RS fogs and 1 other brand of euro fog. They cost about $150-$200 to get good ones +shipping.

Point 4) Removable vents would be cool. OEM RS vents would cost you the same or even more than the bumper. Cf RS vents are closer to $300. But removable to wrap in cf vinyl would be nice. Again like the fogs this can be done by the user without too much difficulty. But maybe ED might be able to do something but if so then it would drive the price up a bit more :( It does seem to come down lower than true RS. But in the pic he is sitting a little lower than my Svt suspension plus he is on smaller tires than normal. Should end up with about 2" of clearance. I agree if they were able to shorten a 1/2"-3/4" it would provide a bit more clearance and functionality.

In general I'm glad its getting made and maybe they can tweak a few things. Other than that I will be planning to mod my fogs, vents and turns because I can and would be doing that no matter what bumper I got. I can't do true RS since you need the fenders and a load of other stuff that just for the front end would run about $2500-$3000. This gets me close enough and is better looking than anything else we readily have available imo.
You've saved me from developing carpal tunnel..
**Group Buys Welcome**
Old 01-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #55
SvviftSVT
Release the Kraken!!

Fan#: 58277
What I Drive: Green-Eyed 2004 Black SVT #0461

FF Reputation: 10 SvviftSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions View Post
You've saved me from developing carpal tunnel..
yeah, donald is pretty good about that!
TeamFOCALIZE!// HATCH NATION #45// October '12 ROTM

Track build will commence by Christmas (hopefully)
Old 01-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #56
LouBomb
It was all a DREAM!

Fan#: 32545
What I Drive: A magical pony by the name of Sally

FF Reputation: 9 LouBomb Good Standing Member
Any idea when were going to start taking deposits?
Focus Revolution Club
Formely IMPORTKILLA35
Old 01-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #57
Extreme Dimensions
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 53558
What I Drive: Too Many To List

FF Reputation: 2 Extreme Dimensions Good Standing Member
Whenever you guys feel like its a good time to collect. I was thinking by 2nd week of February?
**Group Buys Welcome**
Old 01-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #58
Justin svt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58325
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 2 Justin svt Good Standing Member
As much as I want the bumper sooner I would like to wait until atleast 1 price break. and I dont hve the money yet lol
2002 silver ZX3 SVT #2318: Tom's Tune, 8.2mm Taylor Thundervolt wires, Custom ORP, Full Prothane bushing swap

"I buy things I don't need, with money I don't have, to impress people I don't know"
Old 01-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #59
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 9 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Wouldn't mind waiting a bit also. But mid february is still a little over 2 weeks away. Maybe waite until end of february? Don't forget you only need to put a minimum of half down(not the full amount) at close of group buy.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 01-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #60
LD5050
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94329
What I Drive: 04 SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 LD5050 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Count me in.

LD5050, 75650

Bookmarks & Social Networks