High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST - Page 96 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #951
Optimus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 91904
What I Drive: 1997 Nissan Maxima

FF Reputation: 1 Optimus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You're right suterp. Those are important things to consider! I wonder if we will hear of them before the ST comes out. I am interested to the WRX separating from the Impreza. But they still have one more year on the current body style. I haven't heard much about a new MS3. Would they really do a sporty turbo diesel for the US? MOAR TORQUEZ!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #952
suterp
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 83384
What I Drive: 2013 red focus SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 suterp Good Standing Member
Optimus, i think we'll hear about the next gen wrx and gti before the st comes out. All 3 cars will be 2013 models coming out in late 2012. I remember when the US wrx had a 2.0T and everyone seemed happy when it got the extra 0.5 of displacement to match the sti, so I dont know how well received the new 2.0 will be. If the car is smaller and lighter as they say, I suppose it could be a winner. The gti getting 220 hp is less exciting since many gti owners are getting more than that with a simple chip/reflash of the current engine. If i can hold out until late this year, it will be an ST or WRX for me. If i cant wait, it will be a ms3 or the new gen coupe.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #953
army94e
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93495
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 army94e Good Standing Member
Quote:
The Focus ST comes with an Active Sound Symposer system under its hood to pipe engine noise into the cabin. The “active” part involves a butterfly valve to control the noise level so that the engine is barely audible in sixth-gear highway cruising, then becomes louder when you get on the gas.
Pure genius if you ask me. I love everything about this car and I cant wait to get my orange... or black... or blue... Good thing it isnt out yet, I have to decide on a color lmao
Old 01-28-2012, 05:16 AM   #954
JBotone
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78479
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT 5 door

FF Reputation: 1 JBotone Good Standing Member
I went to the 2012 NAIAS in Detroit, and they had this and the Fiesta ST there. They were getting tons of attention, and when they come out they will sell like crazy, even if the Focus ST is $30k. We've all been waiting for a Euro spec focus forever and now that's it's finally here everyone will line up to take one home. I believe the Fiesta ST will be the car they have for around $20k to appease the people who can't pony up the cash for the Focus.

It should be very competitive with all the popular hot hatches, even if it gets beaten in acceleration tests. The SVT won most of it's comparisons on the fact it was the most balanced car, and offered the best driving environment, not because it was the fastest.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #955
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 9,496, Level 65
Points: 9,496, Level: 65 Points: 9,496, Level: 65 Points: 9,496, Level: 65
Level Up 49% Completed
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Forum Activity 86%
Activity: 86% Activity: 86% Activity: 86%
FF Reputation: 56 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
I love the SVT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBotone View Post
I went to the 2012 NAIAS in Detroit, and they had this and the Fiesta ST there. They were getting tons of attention, and when they come out they will sell like crazy, even if the Focus ST is $30k. We've all been waiting for a Euro spec focus forever and now that's it's finally here everyone will line up to take one home. I believe the Fiesta ST will be the car they have for around $20k to appease the people who can't pony up the cash for the Focus.

It should be very competitive with all the popular hot hatches, even if it gets beaten in acceleration tests. The SVT won most of it's comparisons on the fact it was the most balanced car, and offered the best driving environment, not because it was the fastest.
On the SVT^^^ I 2nd that. I love the SVT's, but instead bought a ST, even thou I had a choice of 8-9 SVT's back in mid May of '04. As far as ST's going for 30, wow compared to a little bit more get's you a STI. & the WRX's are below that.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 01-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #956
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 9,496, Level 65
Points: 9,496, Level: 65 Points: 9,496, Level: 65 Points: 9,496, Level: 65
Level Up 49% Completed
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Forum Activity 86%
Activity: 86% Activity: 86% Activity: 86%
FF Reputation: 56 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Where are these ST's? & where is the torsen that should go w/ them W/o eletronic's? Lot's & lot's of people been waiting, Ford. What's up w/ the ST?
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 01-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #957
JBotone
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
On the SVT^^^ I 2nd that. I love the SVT's, but instead bought a ST, even thou I had a choice of 8-9 SVT's back in mid May of '04. As far as ST's going for 30, wow compared to a little bit more get's you a STI. & the WRX's are below that.
I originally was looking for an '05-'07 ST, but then my SVT came along and it was a good price so I went with it.

I do hope the new ST isn't 30k but I just built my own Focus Titanium on the website optioned it with the sport package and leather seats, moon roof and it was close to 27k!!! It might be a miracle if the ST is under $30k

I looked up WRX's and STi's and they start at 25 & 34.

Come on Ford don't let us down, beat em in performance and price please!
Old 01-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #958
R00ST650
Focus Addict

Fan#: 15982
What I Drive: Pitch Black '03 ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 R00ST650 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I just traded in my SVTf...The ST was going to be my next car UNTIL I heard the rumors that its a 25-30k dollar car. That plus the fact its not coming out for another ~9 months was a downer. If ford wants this care to compete it cannot sticker over 25k. I would take a WRX for 25k over the ST any day and I was a pretty die hard focus fan.

I ended up with a brand new '12 Mustang GT for 24,600 after all rebates and discounts. I love hot hatches but I could not argue with 412 hp for 24,600!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #959
JBotone
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by R00ST650 View Post
I just traded in my SVTf...The ST was going to be my next car UNTIL I heard the rumors that its a 25-30k dollar car. That plus the fact its not coming out for another ~9 months was a downer. If ford wants this care to compete it cannot sticker over 25k. I would take a WRX for 25k over the ST any day and I was a pretty die hard focus fan.

I ended up with a brand new '12 Mustang GT for 24,600 after all rebates and discounts. I love hot hatches but I could not argue with 412 hp for 24,600!
If you can get a '12 GT for cheaper than a Focus, I'd do that in a second. I'm a performance fan and 412HP trumps anything in that price range. Nice move!
Old 01-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #960
DarkSpork
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81461
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 1 DarkSpork Good Standing Member
If the base price of the ST is over $25k I don't think many people will buy it, I've been eagerly awaiting the release of this car but if it's over $25k I'll just get a base model GTI, even if I am afraid of VW reliability I can't justify spending money that starts to approach the Mustang GT, BMW 1 series, Challenger R/T, or the Acura ILX (if it lands up being more powerful than the Civic SI).

I want a car that's quick AND comfortable. If I need to spec out the ST past $30,000 to make it comfortable it's not worth the money to me. The GTI is pretty comfortable stock, the Challenger R/T and Mustang GT aren't as comfortable but offer a whole lot more power.

I'm ranting. Ford, give the Focus ST a base price a hair under $25,000 and keep it under $30,000 with good seats, xenon lights and whatever other options you'll require to get those two options.

Bookmarks & Social Networks