DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 47 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #461
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That is one of the worst exhaust note recordings I've heard. I couldn't tell anything because of the interfering noise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #462
Silver 2012 Focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93854
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Silver 2012 Focus Good Standing Member
Had TSB 12-01-04 applied today

I noticed as soon as I got the car back that the transmission holds 3rd gear longer than it did before. I'll report more after I have more experience with the TSB.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #463
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,833, Level 32
Points: 2,833, Level: 32 Points: 2,833, Level: 32 Points: 2,833, Level: 32
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 2012 Focus View Post
I noticed as soon as I got the car back that the transmission holds 3rd gear longer than it did before. I'll report more after I have more experience with the TSB.
I noticed this with the October update as well. With the speeds I usually cruise at, it seems like my car doesn't even use 4th gear anymore... I'll try to get the update tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #464
cacophonous
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89165
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti & 2005 Saab 92X Aero

Points 1,620, Level 23
Points: 1,620, Level: 23 Points: 1,620, Level: 23 Points: 1,620, Level: 23
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 cacophonous Good Standing Member
I noticed the difference already. Smoother in general and more aggresive in Sport mode.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #465
Hendrix
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91562
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Hendrix Good Standing Member
I just got mine back a couple days ago with the update....and a new clutch. Had them look at mine when I brought it in for its first oil change, because I had a couple odd clunky engagements. Dealer called me later in the day and told me there was a leak in the transmission, and that they needed to change the clutch. After a couple week wait for the parts, I brought my Focus Titanium in this past Monday to have the work done. Got it back on Wednesday, and like most others it seems much smoother now, and better in sport mode. Mine used to short shift second gear on me in sport mode before the update, but not any longer.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #466
Starfury
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86844
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE Sport Hatch

Points 364, Level 7
Points: 364, Level: 7 Points: 364, Level: 7 Points: 364, Level: 7
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Starfury Good Standing Member
I just read about the new fix. My car really scared the out of me the other day.

When entering the lot to work, a car pulled out in front of me from a side parking lot. I got off the gas and on the brakes, then on the gas again to avoid them. I was greeted by a high rev and no forward motion. Slid it into "D" to recover.

And last night:

When in Sport mode, I rounded a median during a turn, and the engine revved hard when I slowed to complete the turn. And I was going nowhere in a hurry. Had anyone been behind me at the time, my car would now be in the shop with severe rear-end damage.

Either something else is going on or this new TSB will fix it.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #467
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 FFE Frosted Glass

Points 858, Level 15
Points: 858, Level: 15 Points: 858, Level: 15 Points: 858, Level: 15
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfury View Post
I just read about the new fix. My car really scared the out of me the other day.

When in Sport mode, I rounded a median during a turn, and the engine revved hard when I slowed to complete the turn. And I was going nowhere in a hurry. Had anyone been behind me at the time, my car would now be in the shop with severe rear-end damage.

Either something else is going on or this new TSB will fix it.
Had you been in a hurry it probably would have stayed in gear. I'd bet the computer got confused about shifting, it was ready to shift gears when you slowed down and it got caught between gears for a moment. The TSB probably addresses some of that but there will be times when input conflicts with output. Think of it as putting in the clutch to change gears then changing your mind as you apply and let off gas. Revs will happen!
Old 01-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #468
Starfury
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86844
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE Sport Hatch

Points 364, Level 7
Points: 364, Level: 7 Points: 364, Level: 7 Points: 364, Level: 7
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Starfury Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerschro View Post
Had you been in a hurry it probably would have stayed in gear. I'd bet the computer got confused about shifting, it was ready to shift gears when you slowed down and it got caught between gears for a moment. The TSB probably addresses some of that but there will be times when input conflicts with output. Think of it as putting in the clutch to change gears then changing your mind as you apply and let off gas. Revs will happen!
I updated my post to reflect a previous incident that occurred before this one.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #469
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
It's nice to know that the update at least does something... because right now, unless I press hard of the gas when accelerating, the tranny seems to fly through the first 3 years really quick (like hit 3rd gear by the time I hit 20-25 MPH. I would think that the car would stay in gears a bit longer than mine has been doing (it's like it will be in 6th when I hit about 40 MPH, which I don't think should be the case...

(I haven't gotten any trans updates since I got my car 6 months ago, so hopefully any of the fixes mentioned above will help my concern. I'm waiting for my dealer to get me an appointment that works around my schedule... I'll update after I get the updates done..)
Old 01-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #470
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Is there anything "special" you have to do to get dealers to do these updates?? I already asked one and they had mentioned something ab out a list of criteria being met, one being that it had to be like 60 degrees outside (at least) to recreate the problem...
Mine I don't think matters what temperature it's at. It does funky things at different temperatures at speeds. (like I've noticed in the cold, when inching forward, there is sort of a knocking sound from the trans, but this doesn't always happen. but it happens more often than not...) And the car seems to shutter/vibrate/shake a bit when it does this--like it's about to stall or something.

Bookmarks & Social Networks