Adding backup camera - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #61
Bakaboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92644
What I Drive: focus 2012

FF Reputation: 1 Bakaboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Two options:

1. Titanium 401A options comes with rear parking sensors only.
2. Parking Technology Package comes with front/rear parking sensors and backup camera integrated into MFT.

I have option one but want a camera integrated into MFT. Hence, the problem and I've confirmed this with Ford service once again and they said yes, they will definitely get this done but it will take 2-3 months. -.-
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 07:59 PM   #62
Royal Tee
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10037
What I Drive: Black Loaded Titanium & 2k1 SE

Points 504, Level 10
Points: 504, Level: 10 Points: 504, Level: 10 Points: 504, Level: 10
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Royal Tee Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaboy View Post
Two options:

1. Titanium 401A options comes with rear parking sensors only.
2. Parking Technology Package comes with front/rear parking sensors and backup camera integrated into MFT.

I have option one but want a camera integrated into MFT. Hence, the problem and I've confirmed this with Ford service once again and they said yes, they will definitely get this done but it will take 2-3 months. -.-
I figured but just wanted to make sure.
Thanx

Now I should go back and slap my dealer. So far I have been "teaching" them more about this car than they know themselves.

Showed them where the hood pop was, the convenience signal.
Then explained to another the SONY system is removed with the Nav package install, showed the Titanium handling package w/the 18" wheels on the sticker..

Not saying I know everything but damn...lol
Old 01-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #63
oldparts
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93360
What I Drive: 2012 candy red 5dr. Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 oldparts Good Standing Member
This isn't rocket science, but you would think so from all the answers the dealership is giving.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #64
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

Points 1,748, Level 24
Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Any updates on this?
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
Old 01-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #65
Bakaboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92644
What I Drive: focus 2012

FF Reputation: 1 Bakaboy Good Standing Member
Got an update from my dealer today, told me they will have to wait for MFT 2.0 before they can add the backup camera. I asked WHY and the only "real" answer I got was because "Ford corporate said so".
Old 01-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #66
oldparts
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaboy View Post
Got an update from my dealer today, told me they will have to wait for MFT 2.0 before they can add the backup camera. I asked WHY and the only "real" answer I got was because "Ford corporate said so".
At least you got an answer. It seems rediculous that Ford will not offer some kind of a back up package that can be purchased through the parts department for the thousands of customers who desire a backup camera without having to buy the self parking feature.
If any Ford gurus are viewing this thread, perhaps you may be able to get a few brownie points from superiors by suggesting that this simple add-on of OEM parts can be accomplished through the parts department, making a profit and keeping Ford customers happy. If this situation isn't addressed soon, then aftermarket companies will fill the void with cheap inferior parts from China thus giving more US Dollars to non-american sources. Wake up america!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #67
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldparts View Post
........... If this situation isn't addressed soon, then aftermarket companies will fill the void with cheap inferior parts from China thus giving more US Dollars to non-american sources. Wake up america!
The factory electronics are all built overseas anyways. But they could still keep us happy and turn a huge profit by selling us the cameras they get for $5 each for a few hundred and dealer install (I'm sure they'll charge 3 hours labour @ $149/hr).

I'm keeping a close eye on this thread to see if it ever becomes available... to be honest, I'm quite surprised it hasn't yet. Haven't a clue what's keeping them, at this point.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:32 AM   #68
cuke2u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87358
What I Drive: It's in my sig..

FF Reputation: 2 cuke2u Good Standing Member
Hi, thousands of customers need backup camera's, can't they park properly or what? My car has those funny reflective things mounted on the doors to help me ;-)
Chris
18" 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels
Manual 6-speed gearbox,,,
Old 01-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #69
oldparts
Focus Rookie

I received a callback from a tech at Sonic Electronics lastnite in regards to the latest info he had on the 2012 Ford Focus aftermarket backup camera adaptation. He told me that Lock Pick is presently working on the project however it may be approximately three months before we see anything that will be on the market. At least thats a start in the right direction.
I still would prefer to install a OEM factory backup camera and module with the correct wiring harness with proper installation instructions provided by Ford. Someone reading this thread must have a inside connection with Ford to bring up the subject for review and implementation.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #70
Rat Fink
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92487
What I Drive: Ford, and vintage Dodge

FF Reputation: 6 Rat Fink Good Standing Member
If it involves anything major (ABFORDGUY mentioned several different main harnesses available) I highly doubt people will pay thousands of dollars to install a factory backup camera after the fact. Some of these harnesses can run into the thousands, plus the other modules and equipment required, plus the install time, and the programming headaches involved since you'd have to "steal" another VIN and use the programming from that one to try and reprogram yours.

I saw a tech at my dealer (who is a genius at electrical) spend 14 hours on an F150 to integrate a factory backup camera. He was running extra wiring, programming various modules and in the end he was left with a backup camera that only worked intermittently. He spent 14 hours on it, and got paid for 3. I think they ended up pulling the whole thing out and went with the little 100 dollar aftermarket deal. After seeing that, I will never attempt anything similar. While it would be cool to solve the puzzle, I like receiving a paycheque too.

The reason why some of you are getting very little support with it, I really think dealers aren't willing to take a gamble, using your wallet, to see if it can be done. Ford probably isn't getting into it for liability reasons. Someone will find a way to sue them for it. Anytime I have to ask an engineer about technical matters and it involves any kind of modification they don't even go near it. If the vehicle has modifications already, they advise me to "return it to stock before proceeding" LOL. Its all liability.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.