SYNC System Thread - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #51
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,558, Level 22
Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Confused ... there is no better term I can think of .. she gets confused sometimes. Its almost like a person. A computer you should be able to ask the same thing a million times and get the same answer ... not with MFT. I noticed the problem especially when I first start the car up. I usually don't do anything until I drive about 1/2 mile. If I do anything before than .. she gets confused ... and then there is a delay between the time you hit the paddle and the time she makes the "dong" sound. (I turned off the "say a command prompt")
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #52
kshew97
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92075
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 kshew97 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by army94e View Post
When I went from Apple to Android SYNC seems to like to tell me there is no phone added, drops my phone from bluetooth, doesnt understand some of the names anymore, and when i press the phone button it tells me there is no device to add. Im still not 100% on weather this is a SYNC or android issue
I went from Android to Apple for the very same reason. All of my problems with bluetooth dropping sync, not playing music, not updating music tags, and not connecting all went away. With Android I would also have to occasionally delete the phone profile, start again from scratch reloading my phonebook, etc.

My personal experience, Android and SYNC do not play nice. Not a huge Apple fan, but happier now that my issues with SYNC are fixed!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #53
Dr. Woo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90817
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sport SGM

FF Reputation: 0 Dr. Woo Newbie
I agree that the interface could use a serious overhaul. There is some irregularity across some of the screens and in the function of the steering wheel controls, such as the OK button being "pause" for the aux input while the same button does nothing for satellite radio. It's also very difficult to direct-tune the satellite radio.

Ineffective use of space and wasted space are hallmarks of terrible interface design and they could be improved dramatically. With SYNC being touted as an "upgradeable" system, I hope they have improvements in mind. I know I'm not the only person on here involved in interface design at a professional level, and so I would hope that they would at least entertain suggestions as they hear them.

Also: I wonder what the resolution of the basic SYNC system's LCD is.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #54
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Although I have MFT, this seems like more of a Sync issue...

Used voice commands to call Dad yesterday, but it misunderstood and started to dial a friend. Canceled the call with the End Call button on the steering wheel. Used voice commands again, system responded correctly that it was dialing Dad and Dad - Mobile appeared on the MFT screen. Phone rang for a while, then went to voicemail... my friend's voicemail. Looked down at my cell phone and it called my friend (same one it had originally screwed up and dialed) even though it clearly responded Dad and showed Dad on screen.

Anyone seen this one before?

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 01-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #55
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,558, Level 22
Level Up 58% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
I think it was confused. I put every ones first and last name in my phone. It seems to help the confusion.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:13 AM   #56
tmnCA
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91665
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Hatchback SE, Sport

FF Reputation: 0 tmnCA Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Now after 2.5 months of using Sync with the same ipod continuously plugged in for most of that time, Sync has started the perpetual indexing problem. Turning the stereo off, turning car off etc no cure. At first it was even telling me "index full some songs may not be available" as soon as I started the car (2 days ago) but it won't play anything. Today I tried connecting my iPhone by USB (it has music and I've played music via Sync on it before successfully) and it still said indexing... plugged the iPod back in and same thing.

It does know that the device was unplugged or new one plugged in, this seems to be a memory leak or other Sync OS problem.

Is there any cure other than pulling the fuzes?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #57
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
does anyone else have people tell you there is a ton of background noise when talking on the phone on sync? windows up, fan on low, lots of noise at highway speeds. this doesnt happen in the Escape.

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #58
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,558, Level 22
Level Up 58% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Yes, I use a wired headset. I have a real good one. People have no idea I am in my car and no idea I am on a cell. I spend a lot of time in the car.

If I am going to do a quick call I use the handsfree but people always go "Are your windows open?"
Old 01-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #59
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
Yes, I use a wired headset. I have a real good one. People have no idea I am in my car and no idea I am on a cell. I spend a lot of time in the car.

If I am going to do a quick call I use the handsfree but people always go "Are your windows open?"
Nice...thanks for the feedback.

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #60
MisterH
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89103
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Metallic SE

Points 122, Level 2
Points: 122, Level: 2 Points: 122, Level: 2 Points: 122, Level: 2
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 MisterH Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Fez View Post
Since I added music to my iPod and reconnected to Sync using the USB, I can't use any voice commands when playing music - I receive the reply "indexing". This has been happening for a week now so I've re-synced my iPod to my iTunes library tonight in the hope that this will correct the indexing problem with Sync.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks
It happened to me today but mine sounds worse. I can't get it to play any music from my iPod or a flash drive. iPod just says indexing and the usb stick says no media files when there is an album on there in mp3 format. Weird and frustrating.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.