2000-2004 F-Sport Bumper Group Buy - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Deals > Group Buys & Hot Deals!

Group Buys & Hot Deals! This section is the place you'll find Hot Deals and Special Vendor Discounts offered by our Vendors and Approved Group Buy Sellers.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

Points 7,571, Level 58
Points: 7,571, Level: 58 Points: 7,571, Level: 58 Points: 7,571, Level: 58
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 9 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions View Post
I know the fitment has been fixed major. The fender to the bumper connection was off, as far as fog lights are concerned I wasn't aware there was a specific issue. Regardless of that fact it can be adjusted how ever you wish.

First page of your F2 Feeler thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperThreat View Post
I have the 0-04 F2 RS standard width front bumper.

Opinions:

1. it doesn't fit quite right, the rubbery plastic its made out of warps in the sun easily, and as a result, by the time i purchased it, getting it to fit on the car, and look seamless was ALOT of work, and even now, it still has alot of issues.

2. It flares out around the bottom, and i had to cut and modify the lower half of the bumper to keep it from flaring out wide on the sides, and from caving in and under on the front.

3. the foglight holes dont give many options for mounting fogs. My first set of fogs had an intricate maze of mounting brackets, which never were quite right. I took them off and glued the lights on, but they fell off shortly after. Now, i have another set of lights, but they are held on by a mass of duct-tape and electrical tape. Its unconventional and shabby, but nothing else really works.

4. In terms of aesthetics... Its a shame that the vents on the side are integrated, i would have liked to have something i could take off and have wrapped in carbon fiber, or at least vinyled. It would be even nicer if it could have been compatible with OEM RS vents. Another complaint i have, is that the bumper is substantially lower than the regular bumper. I have stock SVT suspension, and im already dragging quite alot. If i were to put a splitter on, or lower my car, there's no way i could even get up my driveway, no matter how much i angled it. If it were 1/2"-1" shorter, it could still retain the looks, but be much for functional.

Id definitely be interested in a bumper if the above problems were fixed. Otherwise, ill probably go back to the SVT when i paint my car.

What of these have been fixed?

Im completely serious when i say that I am interested in replacing my current F2, but if the above hasnt fixed, then my excitement is for nothing.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.