DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 44 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #431
hoover460
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92046
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 hoover460 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm wondering if anyone has had the update done that was NOT experiencing any major problems with the trans? Did it make a noticeable difference? Improvements? Worse after? I'm curious as I'm not sure what to do. I have a 5/11 build, but no shutter, good shifting. My only complaint is some "hesitation" under certain conditions. I guess my real worry is losing what I have to fix a problem I don't
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #432
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoover460 View Post
I'm wondering if anyone has had the update done that was NOT experiencing any major problems with the trans? Did it make a noticeable difference? Improvements? Worse after? I'm curious as I'm not sure what to do. I have a 5/11 build, but no shutter, good shifting. My only complaint is some "hesitation" under certain conditions. I guess my real worry is losing what I have to fix a problem I don't
Do it!!! My dct was fine except always shifted to early so never could get higher rpms unless really pushing the gas pedal. Now it drives n shifts like a dream! You won't regret it and you will realize how good the car can drive after the update. Think of it as driving in sport mode all the time and when u do go to sport mode it will really be noticable.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #433
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Hi, we had the TSB done on our August 9 built Ti. It was shifting quite nicely. It now has a slightly improved shift pattern (stays in lower gears slightly longer) and shifts are smoother. Still shifts and performs beautifully.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #434
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
Do it!!! My dct was fine except always shifted to early so never could get higher rpms unless really pushing the gas pedal. Now it drives n shifts like a dream! You won't regret it and you will realize how good the car can drive after the update. Think of it as driving in sport mode all the time and when u do go to sport mode it will really be noticeable.
This exactly what we have observed in our car.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #435
sprcoop
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91034
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Met, 201A, Sport, 5sp

FF Reputation: 1 sprcoop Good Standing Member
Quote:
My wife's car shifted OK as in acceptable (8/5 build date) but after the TSB made me think twice about the fact I had ordered the 5sp. It's OK though as I'm lovin' the 5sp more and more as I knew I would.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #436
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
I'd be telling the current dealer goodbye and taking my business elsewhere.
Thing is that it is my third dealer. I will wait a few days for Ford Corporate to call back Sawgrass Ford. The funny thing is that another poster stopped by the same dealer and had no trouble with getting his done. Just in case, I will make appointments Thursday and Friday with the two different dealers I did not stop by yet.

It is amazing on how many people here got it done with little or no problems!

When I email the two dealers, I will say to get the TSB done and nothing else!
Old 01-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #437
bobakman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89045
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 bobakman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
Hi, we had the TSB done on our August 9 built Ti. It was shifting quite nicely. It now has a slightly improved shift pattern (stays in lower gears slightly longer) and shifts are smoother. Still shifts and performs beautifully.
Pretty much same here initially after the TSB I was unsure but now after a couple weeks I am happy to say the car shifts very smooth similar to a standard automatic. Quite different from prior to having the TSB applied.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #438
cacophonous
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89165
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti & 2005 Saab 92X Aero

FF Reputation: 2 cacophonous Good Standing Member
I am taking my car in for an oil change this week and asked for the update even though my car was built in september. The service manager said he would do the latest update for me. Is there anything special to request?

What about after the update?

Should I do this?
Old 01-24-2012, 03:30 AM   #439
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophonous View Post
I am taking my car in for an oil change this week and asked for the update even though my car was built in September. The service manager said he would do the latest update for me. Is there anything special to request?

What about after the update?

Should I do this?
If they said they would do it, absolutely. After the update, just drive and enjoy.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #440
hoover460
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92046
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 hoover460 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
You won't regret it and you will realize how good the car can drive after the update. Think of it as driving in sport mode all the time and when u do go to sport mode it will really be noticable.
Thanks for the reply! I think the car drives great now, which is my worry, but I would appreciate more "crispness" in sport mode, so sounds like I'm headed to the dealer. FTR I love this car, had the MFT update in August and very few problems since, and I have an early May build date!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->