timing belt install - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #91
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic
 
FLYLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Fan#: 34077
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

Posts: 1,794
FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
pics as promised




























thats the old ladys car spray is talking about in the back :$

FLYLOW is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #92
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona
 
Blue5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 83941
Location: The 5th Dimension, United States
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

Posts: 10,104
FF Reputation: 8 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Glad it went ok. Belt was looking abit worn for sure.
__________________
Team Focalize
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Blue5ive is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #93
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security
 
sleepyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Fan#: 15335
Location: SW Houston, TX, United States
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Posts: 24,551
FF Reputation: 46 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Awesome to hear it went well. Was a lot easier than you thought it was going to be huh?
__________________
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
sleepyboy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #94
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic
 
FLYLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Fan#: 34077
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

Posts: 1,794
FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboy View Post
Awesome to hear it went well. Was a lot easier than you thought it was going to be huh?
It actually was, i mean if you know how to change brake pads & bleed brakes or install an intake manifold or something like that you could def do this. Its just a bunch of steps that need to be followed but can be found and printed on the net. It wasnt anything super special or hard like ive heard a few people say about the svt. Changing the turbo in my gc was def harder. Even though Sray did like 90% of the job i was just watching and learning. Tools, t55 is easier to find/buy than many think. First place i called had it, and the alignment tool can prob be made or borrowed easily. Its really nothing special, a flat piece of metal and a long screw for the bottom (shown in pics).

Car fax showed past owner complained about over heating but denied service at the dealer. We did noticed it prob had the head gasket replace and there were marking on the rockers

I would of still not recomend not kocking this out by urself. Def helps having a friend for an extra pair of hands and having an extra car to use during the install just in case u need to go out and buy something that is missing. I didnt plan on changing the acc belt or plugs but since we got those out why not put new ones anyways. Good chance to change to top mount too since it has to be remove and painting the valve cover can be done as well
FLYLOW is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #95
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security
 
sleepyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Fan#: 15335
Location: SW Houston, TX, United States
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Posts: 24,551
FF Reputation: 46 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3ss View Post
It actually was, i mean if you know how to change brake pads & bleed brakes or install an intake manifold or something like that you could def do this. Its just a bunch of steps that need to be followed but can be found and printed on the net. It wasnt anything super special or hard like ive heard a few people say about the svt. Changing the turbo in my gc was def harder. Even though Sray did like 90% of the job i was just watching and learning. Tools, t55 is easier to find/buy than many think. First place i called had it, and the alignment tool can prob be made or borrowed easily. Its really nothing special, a flat piece of metal and a long screw for the bottom (shown in pics).

Car fax showed past owner complained about over heating but denied service at the dealer. We did noticed it prob had the head gasket replace and there were marking on the rockers

I would of still not recomend not kocking this out by urself. Def helps having a friend for an extra pair of hands and having an extra car to use during the install just in case u need to go out and buy something that is missing. I didnt plan on changing the acc belt or plugs but since we got those out why not put new ones anyways. Good chance to change to top mount too since it has to be remove and painting the valve cover can be done as well


Yeah people only say it's hard if they don't follow all the steps. And like you said if you can change brake pad you can change a t-belt oh and it definitely helps to have a extra set of hands. Belt definitely looked aged, and holy cow that accessory belt definitely needed to be changed. Your car should run a little better now with all the new parts now.
__________________
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
sleepyboy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #96
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic
 
FLYLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Fan#: 34077
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

Posts: 1,794
FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboy View Post
Yeah people only say it's hard if they don't follow all the steps. And like you said if you can change brake pad you can change a t-belt oh and it definitely helps to have a extra set of hands. Belt definitely looked aged, and holy cow that accessory belt definitely needed to be changed. Your car should run a little better now with all the new parts now.
havnt really treated it bad yet, only has 30 miles since the belt change, ill give it to atleast 100 to take it to 7k and miss treat it a bit but looking at my old plugs it prob runs better

once again! id like to thank EVERYONE in this forum that helped and/or offered to help me with this! my work schedule is really messed up right now thats why i can barely match schedules with all of you. Spray, thanks again man! like i told you, im just not used to people offering this kind of help without expecting $$$ in return

my new head lights and hid's should be here soon! that will be my next lil project. exhaust system as well. I plan on wrapping the entire thing front to back like i did in my M-Xrs, then later on samething for the header.

FLYLOW is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #97
Missourileo
Captain Retard
 
Missourileo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Fan#: 55980
Location: Arnold, MO
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT ZX3,93 SVT Lightning

Posts: 2,514
FF Reputation: 20 Missourileo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Awesome stuff!!!!
__________________
"It's the Veteran who salutes the flag, serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag."
Midwest crew #36
Hatch Nation#50
January 2010 ROTM
Missourileo is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #98
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
 
tukaniSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Fan#: 5521
Location: SW Houston, TX
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2008 Edge SEL

Posts: 14,909
FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Congrats on giving the SVT some TLC.

Now you have no reason, to not autoX ...

J/k ... glad to hear all went well.

And the zetec engine is actually quite easy to work on. That's why I don't mind tearing into it.

-Ray-
__________________
Hatch Nation Member: #147

TeamFocalize Head Honcho

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.

OFFICIAL FOCUSFEST PHOTOS POSTED:CLICKY HERE TO SEE THE AREA OF PHOTOS
tukaniSVT is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #99
ArcticFocusjr
Focus Rookie
 
ArcticFocusjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87693
Location: Blaine, MN
What I Drive: 2003 Orange SVT Focus

Posts: 4
FF Reputation: 1 ArcticFocusjr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So I need to change the timing belt also. I will be doing this job in a couple of weeks. Where to you hold the cam shafts to keep them from moving, to obey the "The camshaft must be held stationary with an open-ended wrench or a suitable pair of locking pliers. " ???
ArcticFocusjr is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #100
SvviftSVT
Release the Kraken!!
 
SvviftSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Fan#: 58277
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: Green-Eyed 2004 Black SVT #0461

Posts: 14,711
FF Reputation: 10 SvviftSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
In the middle between the lobes or whatever they are called
__________________
TeamFOCALIZE!// HATCH NATION #45// October '12 ROTM

Track build will commence by Christmas (hopefully)
SvviftSVT is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.