My Ford Touch Thread - Page 21 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #201
Iceplayagt14
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93979
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Iceplayagt14 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
Do you have the SD card in right?
Yes I have removed it and added it many times, even clicked the SD Card lock tab both directions and still nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #202
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceplayagt14 View Post
Yes I have removed it and added it many times, even clicked the SD Card lock tab both directions and still nothing.
Now I hope this isn't what happened but for the navi to be enabled it needs to be put in by the factory, and the SD card won't work if not. Check your window sticker. If it says Voice Nav/ Sirius travellink $795 then maybe your car is broken and needs to be fixed, or replaced (it's worth it!) otherwise your dealer did not know what they were selling you. I would go back asapbecause that is not a MFT glitch. If it says SD Card Fault then it is MFT Related... If it just says "Information" then it will NOT be fixed by the update. Go to the dealer and please let us know!
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
Old 01-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #203
Iceplayagt14
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93979
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Iceplayagt14 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
Now I hope this isn't what happened but for the navi to be enabled it needs to be put in by the factory, and the SD card won't work if not. Check your window sticker. If it says Voice Nav/ Sirius travellink $795 then maybe your car is broken and needs to be fixed, or replaced (it's worth it!) otherwise your dealer did not know what they were selling you. I would go back asapbecause that is not a MFT glitch. If it says SD Card Fault then it is MFT Related... If it just says "Information" then it will NOT be fixed by the update. Go to the dealer and please let us know!
The car windows sticker and Vin Number both show up with the MyFord Touch Voice Navigation Package. It just doesn't have it! I hope I dont have to swap cars, I already installed all my aftermarket Speakers/Amp/Sub. lol.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #204
myTech Team
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91855
What I Drive: 2002 Silver Mazda Protege 5

FF Reputation: 1 myTech Team Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceplayagt14 View Post
The car windows sticker and Vin Number both show up with the MyFord Touch Voice Navigation Package. It just doesn't have it! I hope I dont have to swap cars, I already installed all my aftermarket Speakers/Amp/Sub. lol.
If it says Information than you do not have Voice Nav and you cannot get it aftermarket. So if it's not in the vehicle you have currently then you wont be able to get it. I would agree and tell you to go to your Dealership and get it fixed right away. If you still have the factory speakers just re-install them and take it back like nothing happened.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #205
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird1955 View Post
Who the heck wrote this stuff and left that piece of the hardware out of the code (and are they still employed)? I'm blown away at that (and also that they'd admit to this mistake).
MFT is way too big to have been written by one person. Not using the graphics hardware was not a "mistake". It was certainly a design choice forced on the developers by time and money, either before they started or before they finished. As with many engineering decisions, the "time to market" schedule and its end dates force lots of compromises in software development. (Even more of them as the date nears and the product isn't on schedule.) Anbody who's worked in software development has been there, done that, or had to clean up or refactor after somebody else who was. You can bet that the coming "performance upgrade" code was in development before the first car with the present code rolled out of a showroom.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #206
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by myTech Team View Post
If it says Information than you do not have Voice Nav and you cannot get it aftermarket. So if it's not in the vehicle you have currently then you wont be able to get it. I would agree and tell you to go to your Dealership and get it fixed right away. If you still have the factory speakers just re-install them and take it back like nothing happened.
Hey, aren't you that guy with the videos on YouTube? The videos are very helpful and very professionally done

http://ford-life.com/2011/09/20/intr...s-mytech-team/

Good blog articles too:

http://ford-life.com/2012/01/13/how-...-to-ford-sync/
Old 01-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #207
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 frosted glass SEL '67 Gal vert.

FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
Hey, aren't you that guy with the videos on YouTube? The videos are very helpful and very professionally done

http://ford-life.com/2011/09/20/intr...s-mytech-team/

Good blog articles too:

http://ford-life.com/2012/01/13/how-...-to-ford-sync/
I bought my very first new vehicle, an 87 Ranger, from Lebanon Ford! It's just down the road from me on route 42.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #208
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerschro View Post
I bought my very first new vehicle, an 87 Ranger, from Lebanon Ford! It's just down the road from me on route 42.
It looks like they have their act together, especially when it comes to supporting customer's tech needs. Very impressive.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #209
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick W View Post
MFT is way too big to have been written by one person. Not using the graphics hardware was not a "mistake". It was certainly a design choice forced on the developers by time and money, either before they started or before they finished. As with many engineering decisions, the "time to market" schedule and its end dates force lots of compromises in software development. (Even more of them as the date nears and the product isn't on schedule.) Anbody who's worked in software development has been there, done that, or had to clean up or refactor after somebody else who was. You can bet that the coming "performance upgrade" code was in development before the first car with the present code rolled out of a showroom.
Having worked for DEC and now another tech firm I understand what you're saying but to me it's more of an MS issue and they're not applying the labor to understand the product. Or, here's a thought, it's Ford not explaining to MS what they have for them to work with. Not like they have a communication issue already (like telling their dealers about the trans update).

Porting the OS to the hardware doesn't take all that long just requires time, money and upfront communication.

Making that leap or assumption, you'd think they'd learn by now.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #210
jrapp009
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93719
What I Drive: 1995 Brown Ford Ranger

FF Reputation: 1 jrapp009 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird1955 View Post
Having worked for DEC and now another tech firm I understand what you're saying but to me it's more of an MS issue and they're not applying the labor to understand the product. Or, here's a thought, it's Ford not explaining to MS what they have for them to work with. Not like they have a communication issue already (like telling their dealers about the trans update).

Porting the OS to the hardware doesn't take all that long just requires time, money and upfront communication.

Making that leap or assumption, you'd think they'd learn by now.
I didnít think MS coded the first one, just the re-write after the original company was fired.

Bookmarks & Social Networks