My Ford Touch Thread - Page 20 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-17-2012, 12:30 AM   #191
pil__
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90074
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 pil__ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just had to share this. This is straight out of a new Ford commercial. They showed the real (old) MFT. I guess we can't really say Ford is whitewashing MFT for prospective buyers...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 07:09 AM   #192
PJFan
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92864
What I Drive: SG 2012 Focus TI Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 PJFan Good Standing Member
The SD card fault is a nice touch!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #193
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
The editing team must have been on vacation. This is pretty bad...
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
Old 01-19-2012, 02:34 AM   #194
Doctor Drew
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82372
What I Drive: 2012 SEL 5dr PowerShudder

FF Reputation: 1 Doctor Drew Good Standing Member
I went to NAIAS tonight, and they had a brand new Escape with the updated version of MFT. I must say, I found the system pretty responsive and easy to use.

I think once you guys get this update, it will totally change your opinion of MFT.

I do wish it had a capacitive touch screen, as the resistive screen that seems to be standard for MFT is sometimes less-than-perfect. We're all spoiled by our iPhones and Androids though.

edit: I guess what I'm saying is...I would totally get MFT.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #195
voip-ninja
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87642
What I Drive: 2004 Audi A4 Quattro

FF Reputation: 1 voip-ninja Good Standing Member
The reason for resistive screens in automotive applications is due to users wanting the system to work if they are wearing gloves.

Also, I hope the new update makes people happy, but I'm still very disappointed that there is no official announcement at CES about support for AppLink on the MFT system. That is a major major shortcoming of the MFT platform... you will get better integration with smartphone apps on the lower end Sync system than on the flagship MFT system.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #196
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Youtube interview

I was listening to the latest interview (done at the Detroit Autoshow I believe) and this Ford person stated that this latest version of MFT will be a lot better and faster. He then eluded to the fact that this system has two separate processors, one for the system and a second for graphics and then to my complete amazement he admitted that the previous software (the one we all have) doesn't use the graphics processor, that everything is done through the system processor.

Who the heck wrote this stuff and left that piece of the hardware out of the code (and are they still employed)? I'm blown away at that (and also that they'd admit to this mistake).

Joe
Old 01-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #197
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Drew View Post
I went to NAIAS tonight, and they had a brand new Escape with the updated version of MFT. I must say, I found the system pretty responsive and easy to use.

I think once you guys get this update, it will totally change your opinion of MFT.

I do wish it had a capacitive touch screen, as the resistive screen that seems to be standard for MFT is sometimes less-than-perfect. We're all spoiled by our iPhones and Androids though.

edit: I guess what I'm saying is...I would totally get MFT.
I'm heading to the NAIAS tonight myself - looking forward to playing around with MFT 2.0 as well. If there's anything interesting that I haven't seen on here yet, I'll report back!

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 01-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #198
Iceplayagt14
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93979
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Iceplayagt14 Good Standing Member
I'm having an issue, I have the MFT w/SAT&NAV and bought my car 3 days ago. Brought the car home, and it says Information in the top right corner! I know I bought the GPS, because the USA/CA SD Card from Ford is in the SD Car slot in the center console. I also paid the extra money for the MFT/NAV/SAT package. Is there anything special I need to do on my end or is this a dealership thing they gotta do? Thanks!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #199
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceplayagt14 View Post
I'm having an issue, I have the MFT w/SAT&NAV and bought my car 3 days ago. Brought the car home, and it says Information in the top right corner! I know I bought the GPS, because the USA/CA SD Card from Ford is in the SD Car slot in the center console. I also paid the extra money for the MFT/NAV/SAT package. Is there anything special I need to do on my end or is this a dealership thing they gotta do? Thanks!
Do you have the SD card in right?
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
Old 01-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #200
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Probably not a new one, but I'll add this anyway...

In radio display mode (red screen) and listening to FM, use Sync to change to Sirius, all the presets go blank on the MFT screen, but I can use the steering wheel <- / -> to switch thru them normally. Press the Home button (to go to quadrant view) and the six FM presets are shown even though it's clearly playing Sirius (station/track are listed on the bottom-left red corner). Go back to FM and then back to Sirius, all via Sync, nothing changes.

Use the MFT screen to switch to FM and then back to Sirius (via button presses) and everything's normal - Sirius presets show up on screen.

Just another odd quirk/issue...

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6

Bookmarks & Social Networks