Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
Grinder
Banned

Fan#: 85627
What I Drive: 2003 CD silver SVT

FF Reputation: 10 Grinder Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerp View Post
I understand how these work. I am a former auto tech/ service advisor that left the profession long ago and am up higher on the automotive food chain now (Quality Engineer in an automotive manufacturing plant). I did explain to him that the transmission felt "lazy" and shifted too early since day one and he blew it off as the adaptive strategy trying to learn how to "adapt" to my driving style. Really? Seriously? Takes it nearly 9 months and 18k miles to learn my driving habits!? Bull$h!!!!!!

Back in my day we would persue the complaint no matter if it was legitimate or not! After getting off the phone, walking the plant, and talking to some friends who have had similar experiences with the same service department, I wasn't the only one that has had to almost twist their arm to get something simple done (had one guy's F350 diesel for six months over a simple cooling issue thattook less than aday to fix!!!). I called another local dealer a few minutes ago and told them the same thing. They said bring it in, no questions asked.

IMO, if there is a necessary update for a major complaint, FMC Customer Service should have notified every Focus owner that had a Focus built prior to 8/12/2011. Would save a lot of complaints and would save owners a ton of hassle from the dealerships.....
I obviously can't comment about the way this dealer treats their customers, if they have a bad reputation - they likely have it for a reason. But you should know as well as I that the customer doesn't direct a tech's diagnosis and a vehicle that has a symptom mentioned in a TSB should still get a test drive and conventional diagnostics. Based on your post that's what it sounded like they wanted to do. Any dealer who just flashes the thing willy nilly per your request is a moron regardless of how happy that may make you. It's a poor business practice and against manufacturer policy guidelines. I'm willing to bet dealer A and dealer B are gonna do the exact same thing. Dealer A gave you a hard time about it. Dealer B said "sure pal bring it in we'll do what we do thanks for letting us know about a TSB we already know about". If this was an attitude issue, ignore my comments about the technical matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
You are correct here.

However, the 2012 Focus requires an exception to normal processes. By now any competent dealer knows these common issues with the Focus and almost everyone has the same complaint with the transmission. This particular TSB for the Focus is like a huge "service pack" you would have for a Windows PC where it includes Focus issues for the last 6 months. It's not only for the transmission.
When Ford determines that ALL vehicles will require a "service pack" they will release a notification called a Field Service Action (Recall). The fact is that NOT everyone has this complaint. There ARE a lot of folks that just don't like the way it works normally. When you release a message that says "we know there is an issue and here is what to do about it" or if you have a message that says "we figured out a way to make this thing work more to your liking" it tends to make folks with NORMAL cars think "Hey! Maybe mine is just broken!" Next thing you know you can't tell the good cars from the bad cars.

All TSB's are handled EXACTLY the same way. If EVERYONE needs the "fix" it becomes a recall or FSA. If a focus owner is concerned with their car, they should take it to a reputable store and let the experts figure it out. I've already gotten into it with folks on here for suggesting that their car may NOT be broken and that it could just be their expectations.

In natural interwebs fashion that simple, rational and (likely if you ask me) suggestion became "You think EVERYONE is just crazy....you're a clandestine Ford rep....you're a troll......you don't belong here because you don't own one..... etc.

In reality, this isn't something new to me and I volunteer my input in hopes that someone will consider something other than "the dealer and Ford are out to rip me off, the car is gonna kill me and this thread accurately represents the Focus experience."

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->