DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 43 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #421
eyeballeater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87226
What I Drive: 2012 Sedan SE with sport appearance

FF Reputation: 1 eyeballeater Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well after going in 3 times today I had the Motortrend article and the TSB in hand. I finally got an appointment.
They said they would look at it but the main reason its going in is because my fuel gauge doesn't work properly on cold mornings. Now that the weather has been getting down to -25 it wont show the right reading. later in the day when it warms up a couple degrees it's fine. I would really hate to run out of fuel at that temp with my kids in the car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2012, 01:18 AM   #422
cbsel
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92121
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 2 cbsel Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyall2010 View Post
I am taking mine in tomorrow! I have the NYT article, Motor Trend article, and the TSB Bulletin itself in my hand!
Where did you get a copy of the TSB
Old 01-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #423
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
I got some news to report:

They claimed I have the latest updates and did not do anything. They tested the car and said it was the smoothest transmission they tested. I asked to show me proof it was the lastest update/software, but they could not give it to me since the computer is not set up to the printer. I was talking to the shop foreman during the visit.

However, they attempted to get Ford Engineering on the phone to see what else they can do. I should get a call on Monday or Tuesday. Because I still have the grinding noise, they may be investigating the clutches on the car. The car is at about 6,700 miles and it is well past it's break in period. I have the car in my possession

The dealer I went to had folks that were appreciative of my past business and they wanted to make sure that I was happy, but I still have some questions.

In any event, I will see what will come of Ford Engineering next week.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #424
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
TSB
11-10-2CALIBRATION UPDATE - AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION/ENGINE DRIVABILITY IMPROVEMENTS, AMBIENT TEMPERATURE DISPLAY - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 8/12/2011
Publication Date: October 2, 2011
FORD:2012 Focus

This article supersedes TSBs 11-5-11, 11-7-22 and 11-9-5 to consolidate previously released articles, updated Title, Issue Statement and Service Procedure.
ISSUE:
Some 2012 Focus vehicles built on or before 8/12/2011 may exhibit the following engine drivability and/or automatic transmission concerns; RPM flare on deceleration coming to a stop, rough idle on deceleration coming to a stop, intermittent engine idle fluctuations at a stop, intermittent vehicle speed control inoperative, intermittent harsh engagement/shift, engine no-start with engine coolant temperature (ECT) open circuit faults and intermittent no-crank/no-start condition after performing normal Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) pinpoint test (PPT) diagnostic procedures. The vehicle may also exhibit diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) U0422, P00D2, P068A, P0850, P2610, P2832, P286F or P2877. The vehicle may also exhibit intermittent false initialization to 21 C (70 F) on the instrument cluster's ambient temperature display upon engine start up.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

1.Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) and transmission control module (TCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 75.02 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.9 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
2.Perform Transmission Adaptive Learning. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 307-01 General Procedures.

NOTE:REPROGRAMMING PCM AND TCM WITH LOW VEHICLE BATTERY VOLTAGE AND/OR LOW IDS BATTERY VOLTAGE MAY RESULT IN A BLANKED PCM AND/OR TCM.

NOTE:THE PCM AND TCM ARE A MATCHED SET. PROGRAMMING THE PCM WILL AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE THE TCM.

NOTE:PLEASE ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE'S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION'S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATIONDESCRIPTIONTIME111002A2012 Focus Automatic Transmission (DPS6): Reprogram The PCM And TCM Includes Time To Perform Adaptive Learning And Drive Cycle (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)1.1 Hrs.
cbsel, I copied and pasted the TSB. It was and is located on page 1 of this thread.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #425
kbass24emtp
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87665
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 kbass24emtp Good Standing Member
We just got the 12-01-04 TSB done today on our car and my wife noticed an improvement right off the bat. It hold the lower gears longer and shifts better. It is still learning but it is better than it was. I didn't even have to fight with the dealer for it. I just told them to check to see if there was an update for the trans and it shift erratic at slow speeds and they just did the update no fuss. What was even better was we originally took it in for an oil change and to see if we could get the update and when we got the invoice there was no charge for the oil change. Guess they give you the 1st one free. They never told us about that.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #426
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

When Ford Engineering gets involved, I may have to put up a fight if they refuse. Why should I be denied it.

I am happy KBass that you got yours done and liked it!
Old 01-22-2012, 01:09 AM   #427
kbass24emtp
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87665
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 kbass24emtp Good Standing Member
I really don't understand why some dealers make it so hard to get things fixed under warranty. Hope it all works out for you.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:15 AM   #428
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbass24emtp View Post
I really don't understand why some dealers make it so hard to get things fixed under warranty. Hope it all works out for you.
I'd be telling the current dealer goodbye and taking my business elsewhere.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #429
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
I did not have to take a copy of the TSB. My service advisor and tech were well aware of the DCT TSB and the code was downloaded and ready to install when I arrived at the dealership. We had discussed the TSB and its applicability over the phone first.

That's service!
I wouldn't refer to it as service but more like amazing! A Ford dealer service group that knew of the update, its intention and was ready to provide the install without hesitation.

As stated earlier, mine is a 5/2011 build and got all sorts of pushback when I inquired about the update from my dealer (but that agreed to do it as a "customer satisfaction" response). Sadly they had to update their computer to the latest rev to be able to install the update so hence, mine is not done yet.

I'm just so freakin amazed at Ford that they don't communicate down to their dealers.

These are great cars with stupid little faults and the fools who don't know how to talk to each other (and then we end up frustrated with it all).

Joe
Old 01-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #430
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

does anyone have a copy of the 12-01-04 TSB, I only have a copy of the 11-10-02 TSB that I posted a while back? I will ask in another thread as well. Thanks!

Bookmarks & Social Networks