hood scoop - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Extreme Dimensions, Inc

Extreme Dimensions, Inc Discuss about body kits, carbon fiber hoods and appearance upgrades for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Extreme Dimensions

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
qdo44681
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 66818
What I Drive: 2008 black 2door SE

FF Reputation: 1 qdo44681 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by f_o_c_u_s View Post
ok so i would just need to cut a hole in my hood? then stick the scoop over the hood? how trustworthy is that tape that its not going let go of the scoop? lol
Well, me and one of my friends tested that in a way lol. We stuck one on his car went out on the highway and got the car up to 110. No problems, still on there. You shouldnt have any problems, just make sure you use a wax and grease remover to clean off the hood before you stick the scoop on. That will make so it can stick as good as it can.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #12
Extreme Dimensions
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 53558
What I Drive: Too Many To List

Points 12,064, Level 72
Points: 12,064, Level: 72 Points: 12,064, Level: 72 Points: 12,064, Level: 72
Level Up 4% Completed
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Extreme Dimensions Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Cheap Option, you can always cut the hole yourself: http://www.extremedimensions.com/1851.html

[IMG]http://images.extremedimensions.com/...roofscoop4.jpg[/IMG]
**Group Buys Welcome**
Old 01-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #13
f_o_c_u_s
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 71348
What I Drive: 2006 maroon ZX4

FF Reputation: 2 f_o_c_u_s Good Standing Member
@qdo44681: thanks i might go that route. i can always paint the thing myself. auto zone sells ones that are ready for paint. then all id have to do is cut the hole/square and stick the thing on.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #14
qdo44681
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
@qdo44681: thanks i might go that route. i can always paint the thing myself. auto zone sells ones that are ready for paint. then all id have to do is cut the hole/square and stick the thing on.
if you do that. when you go to cut the hole, lay tape down all around of where you are going to cut. It will help keep the paint from cracking and peeling off your hood. Always glad to help a member out.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #15
f_o_c_u_s
Focus Enthusiast

another question i have about this scoop. i know we may have talked about this before but never got any real answers. i was looking today and noticed the position of the hood scoop is gonna set it either on top of the battery, intake, or right in front of the battery....question is...rain? i dont have much worry about sitting and it raining. but driving in to the rain. whats the chances of like water flying up under the hood and messing something up? especially if i get on the highway behind like a semi or something during a down pour? any ideas?
Old 01-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #16
qdo44681
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
another question i have about this scoop. i know we may have talked about this before but never got any real answers. i was looking today and noticed the position of the hood scoop is gonna set it either on top of the battery, intake, or right in front of the battery....question is...rain? i dont have much worry about sitting and it raining. but driving in to the rain. whats the chances of like water flying up under the hood and messing something up? especially if i get on the highway behind like a semi or something during a down pour? any ideas?
the best thing to do is to have a plug to put in the scoop for when you need to drive in the rain
Old 01-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #17
f_o_c_u_s
Focus Enthusiast

thats what i was thinking, thanks. I just have a tendency to get lazy sometimes and not sure how long i would keep that up lol but ill be sure and go that route.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #18
qdo44681
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
thats what i was thinking, thanks. I just have a tendency to get lazy sometimes and not sure how long i would keep that up lol but ill be sure and go that route.
Yeah, post up a pic when you are done with it. I would like to see what it looks like.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.