Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 65 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #641
RDJTX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88961
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 RDJTX Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well I am back ... lol For those with tranny issues I can only say that after having driven mine 7k miles now and experiencing the shudder just a bit early on I can say it has disappeared with no further issues. MFT and sync can be a bit frustrating sometimes but I am hoping that the new update will take care of the few issues I have been having.

My car is currently at the dealers having the remote start installed and has been for a bit over a week now. I have not pressed them on it because they have been good service guys up to now. What I am concerned about, however, is that they are having issues getting it done and are not being completely forthcoming about what those issues are.

so my question is this: what kind of install issues are being run into which causes this to be a week long job rather than a few hours or a day ? is there something specific I can ask about that will get them down the right path if they miss another expected finish date?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #642
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJTX View Post
Well I am back ... lol For those with tranny issues I can only say that after having driven mine 7k miles now and experiencing the shudder just a bit early on I can say it has disappeared with no further issues. MFT and sync can be a bit frustrating sometimes but I am hoping that the new update will take care of the few issues I have been having.

My car is currently at the dealers having the remote start installed and has been for a bit over a week now. I have not pressed them on it because they have been good service guys up to now. What I am concerned about, however, is that they are having issues getting it done and are not being completely forthcoming about what those issues are.

so my question is this: what kind of install issues are being run into which causes this to be a week long job rather than a few hours or a day ? is there something specific I can ask about that will get them down the right path if they miss another expected finish date?
Glad to hear that your tranny is shifting as well as ours. I can't even guess why there are problems installing the remote start. What do you think about calling them and telling them that if it is such a problem to install to forget it and give you your car back? That might speed things up or get your car back today.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #643
boogerp
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93980
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SE hatch

FF Reputation: 1 boogerp Good Standing Member
I bought my 2012 Focus SE back in May 2011. 18,000 miles and have not had any issues other than a sporadic remote lock issue. It usually takes two or three good hits on the key fob to activate the locks (unlocks fine). Transmission has been a new learning experience for me since I am so accustomed to the "old school" automatics of old. This may be moreb of a personal gripe but the transmission for me seems to shift too early instead of holding it in the power a little longer, esecially going up hills. I've tried it in sport mode (and used the upshift/ down shift buttons) and it suits my driving style a little better for going in ad out of traffic. What is this transmission TSB that is going around? Is this a re-flash for better shifting? Any infor would be grateful....
Old 01-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #644
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerp View Post
I bought my 2012 Focus SE back in May 2011. 18,000 miles and have not had any issues other than a sporadic remote lock issue. It usually takes two or three good hits on the key fob to activate the locks (unlocks fine). Transmission has been a new learning experience for me since I am so accustomed to the "old school" automatics of old. This may be moreb of a personal gripe but the transmission for me seems to shift too early instead of holding it in the power a little longer, esecially going up hills. I've tried it in sport mode (and used the upshift/ down shift buttons) and it suits my driving style a little better for going in ad out of traffic. What is this transmission TSB that is going around? Is this a re-flash for better shifting? Any infor would be grateful....
There's a lot of information in this forum about the TSB - see the discussion section for the 2012 Focus as well. The reflash seems to be pretty significant, raising shift points a bit, making sure a gear is selected when going on and off throttle quickly, et al. Many have said it transforms the car, so you may want to take it in.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #645
RDJTX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88961
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 RDJTX Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
Glad to hear that your tranny is shifting as well as ours. I can't even guess why there are problems installing the remote start. What do you think about calling them and telling them that if it is such a problem to install to forget it and give you your car back? That might speed things up or get your car back today.
yeah .. but I have other cars I can drive so I would just as soon as get it done since I paid for it LOL! I am guessing they are having wiring issues. it is supposed to be done today or tomorrow morning. if I don't have a call today I am going to go get in his face about it in the a.m. and see just what the hell is going on.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #646
Robert1966
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93842
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 1 Robert1966 Good Standing Member
Buddy of mine bought his Focus back in November. I questioned him over and over about the tranny and MFT. So far he hasn't experienced any problems so I'll wait and see what happens over the next few months.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #647
dan50
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1966 View Post
Buddy of mine bought his Focus back in November. I questioned him over and over about the tranny and MFT. So far he hasn't experienced any problems so I'll wait and see what happens over the next few months.
Sounds like a good plan. At the same time I think it's inevitable that a 2013 Focus will be a more-sorted, less-troublesome package than its 2012 equivalent. If you could stretch your lease until September/October...
Old 01-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #648
gogogodzilla
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93407
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 gogogodzilla Good Standing Member
Well, I haven't had any issues with the DSG transmission in mine. I switched from a VW GTI (w/DSG) to my Focus... so I didn't have any learning curve as to how the DSG acts (aka: like a manual, not a regular auto).
Old 01-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #649
dan50
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogogodzilla View Post
Well, I haven't had any issues with the DSG transmission in mine. I switched from a VW GTI (w/DSG) to my Focus... so I didn't have any learning curve as to how the DSG acts (aka: like a manual, not a regular auto).
Ford's initial explanation was that complaints about the DCT were because people expected it to behave like a conventional automatic. This may have been a part of it, but the far bigger issue was they released the car with bum software. Hence the TSB for the major reflash.

So the problem is not that we Focus drivers are unsophisticates in the heady world of European-style transmissions, but that we had a bad product. Now that software is better problems are fewer but still exist, like clutch chatter at launch and a variety of grinding and clashing sounds. Ford seems to not have a solution for this.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #650
boogerp
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93980
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SE hatch

FF Reputation: 1 boogerp Good Standing Member
I just got off the phone with the dealer that I bought the car from concerning the TSB/ transmission re-flash. The service advisor hassled me over doing it (saying their trans tech would have to drive, etc.) and I told him I have the TSB in hand along with date of manufacture (April 2011, yes an early one) and te VIN. Still got hell. I basically told him point blank that after buying several cars from them since 2002, I can aptly say their service department is a total disappointment and will probably take my business somewhere else (and this includes possibly switching vehicle manufacturers).

P.S. I hope the customer service lurkers are reading this. The are losing a life long Ford customer thanks to some douchemonkey service advisor....

Bookmarks & Social Networks