Basic Bolt Ons: Cat back exhaust systems - Page 11 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #101
GMunroe998
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44007
What I Drive: 2002 Oxford White Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 GMunroe998 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hello. New to the focus world but coming from Hondas I know a bit about bolt one. I looked at the FSWerks race exhaust and it says it will work with a 2002 I have a
2002 and wanted to confirm that it works on my car before I drop the cash on it. Anyone know if it will work? This factory 110 Hp is killing me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #102
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Welcome to FF Guys!
Galatians 6:14
Old 01-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #103
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayFAN View Post
Anyone ever put or heard a Flowmaster American Thunder on a Ford Focus?
I have a flowmaster 40 under mine right now. If you dont have a header it sounds great!! nice and deep. The Header kind of gave it a high pitch that sounded ricer so i had some resonators added in and it sounds good again. ill actually be selling my exhaust in a couple of weeks cause im going to the 2.5 inch pipe
Galatians 6:14
Old 01-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #104
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 54 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
FSwerk's header & a tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMunroe998 View Post
Hello. New to the focus world but coming from Hondas I know a bit about bolt one. I looked at the FSWerks race exhaust and it says it will work with a 2002 I have a
2002 and wanted to confirm that it works on my car before I drop the cash on it. Anyone know if it will work? This factory 110 Hp is killing me.
Welcome to FF. What motor do you have? Zetec perhap's? Use the FSwerk's header= #1
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 01-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #105
GMunroe998
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44007
What I Drive: 2002 Oxford White Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 GMunroe998 Good Standing Member
Just a weak sohc making 110hp. I'm really only planning on an exhaust and lowering it as I'm still working on my honda as a project. But the lack of horsepower has me already thinking of motor swaps for the focus.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #106
DoomsdayFAN
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92019
What I Drive: ~2006 ZX4 SE Sedan 2.0L~

FF Reputation: 1 DoomsdayFAN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I live in Cali, so I need a CARB legal exhaust. If I go with FSWerks, I'll be forced to get the Street Cat-Back Exhaust. Does anyone know how the FSWerks Street Exhaust compares to the FSWerks Stealth and the FSWerks Race Exhaust? I had my heart set on the Race Exhaust, but it's not CARB legal, so I'm screwed there. But if the Street sounds at least similar to the Race, or even slightly more umph than the Stealth, I'd be interested. Any opinions?
Old 01-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #107
DarkSpork
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81461
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 1 DarkSpork Good Standing Member
Quote:
I live in Cali, so I need a CARB legal exhaust. If I go with FSWerks, I'll be forced to get the Street Cat-Back Exhaust. Does anyone know how the FSWerks Street Exhaust compares to the FSWerks Stealth and the FSWerks Race Exhaust? I had my heart set on the Race Exhaust, but it's not CARB legal, so I'm screwed there. But if the Street sounds at least similar to the Race, or even slightly more umph than the Stealth, I'd be interested. Any opinions?
I'm not really sure about Street vs Stealth vs Race. I just had the Street exhaust installed today and I honestly don't think I'd want it any louder. I found 2 videos of the street exhaust on Youtube:
1.[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/D6SYRyZTaJY[/YOUTUBE]
2.[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/kZtegSVEWtw[/YOUTUBE]
Mine sounds more similar to the second one (doesn't pop at all though), a little louder than the first one. You can hear it, it's not quiet nor is it loud, it's most noticeable at lower speeds. If loud is what you want I understand there is a less expensive kit than the FSWERKS one that you may purchase.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #108
DoomsdayFAN
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92019
What I Drive: ~2006 ZX4 SE Sedan 2.0L~

FF Reputation: 1 DoomsdayFAN Good Standing Member
Thanks for posting those. Yeah, I think I'd like something with a little more roar. Especially at mid-to-wide open throttle.

When you say you wouldn't want it any louder, do you mean from the outside of the vehicle (as in what others hear) or from within your vehicle (as it makes it gratting on the nerves to drive long distances)? My brother's GSR has a loud exhaust and it's extremely loud within the vehicle, even with the windows up. I don't want it THAT loud. But I want a head-turner for sure. :D

Don't they make a plug or something you can add or take off you exhaust to make it either louder or more quiet? Like, when you have it on, your noise is more reasonable, but when you take it off, you go into full on race mode noise levels?
Old 01-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #109
DarkSpork
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81461
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 1 DarkSpork Good Standing Member
Quote:
Thanks for posting those. Yeah, I think I'd like something with a little more roar. Especially at mid-to-wide open throttle.

When you say you wouldn't want it any louder, do you mean from the outside of the vehicle (as in what others hear) or from within your vehicle (as it makes it gratting on the nerves to drive long distances)? My brother's GSR has a loud exhaust and it's extremely loud within the vehicle, even with the windows up. I don't want it THAT loud. But I want a head-turner for sure. :D

Don't they make a plug or something you can add or take off you exhaust to make it either louder or more quiet? Like, when you have it on, your noise is more reasonable, but when you take it off, you go into full on race mode noise levels?
I think what you're thinking of is a "resonator" and it's not a plug. From my understanding the resonator is the difference between the race and stealth FSWERKS exhaust. The sales tech on the phone said the street exhaust doesn't have a resonator because the 2nd cat muffles some of the sound.

When driving gently, I can hear it inside the vehicle with the windows up, but just barely. When cruising on the highway @70mph there is more wind noise than exhaust sound, it doesn't drone. You can hear it with the windows down/outside the vehicle just fine, it is louder than stock. To me, any louder would be annoying (I don't want to deal with a droning exhaust on long trips) and I don't want to draw the wrong kind of attention to myself.

I'd take some videos if it weren't so damn cold outside. But ask yourself this: Do you really want an exhaust that screams to law enforcement "Pull me over!"? Do you really want to be one of those guys whose car makes more noise than power?

Will it turn heads? Possibly, it's hovering just above 0*F so nobody is really spending time outside.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #110
04CDsilverZx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73668
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver Zx3, 2.3L Duratec

FF Reputation: 1 04CDsilverZx3 Good Standing Member
Quote:

HTML Code:
hey i am in cali too,but i believe that you will pass smog as long as it's from the cat-back. which the ones fswerks sell are catbacks.i think you should be well.from what i hear,if you plan on getting a header you are better off with the stealth,but if you don't you should go for the race.also checkout magnaflow.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->