Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 63 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #621
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPeoples View Post
Allow me to give a little warning to everyone here posting about transmission problems, and being contacted by the lurking Ford rep here. At first I thought, "Wow... Ford really cares by contacting me based off my posts here".

And maybe that is still true. I don't know. What I do know is that the Ford rep here took ALL MY COMMENTS and forwarded them to the Service Manager from the dealership I bought my car. Without doing ANY editing.

In my post I had complained - without naming the person or dealership - about the lack of concern the manager showed about the issue when I took the car in.

I finally took it in this past Monday and he was obviously really miffed about the whole thing. He took the time to show me the entire e-mail from Naomi here on the website. Which of course detailed my disappointment in his attitude. All of which I had been intentionally vague about here online. But now, thanks to Naomi -or her manager - the whole thing blew up on me.

When I came to pick up the car, he made the extra effort to put on his glasses, and run his finger under the line and read aloud my comments.

Okay... fine. I looked at him wondering how much this must have been eating at him. And if he agonized over whether he should do it or not. But did he apologize or try to explain his attitude? No.

Without batting an eye I asked him "How long have you been here at this dealership?" And he replied with pride, leading me to believe he was oblivious to a point I was trying to make - which I then dropped.

So. In my opinion, this was VERY POORLY thought out (if at all) by Naomi, and handled poorly by the Service Dept. Manager.

In the end - the answer to my transmission problems was... "Here is a July 2011 Ford notice to dealers about the new transmission..." "...and Green Clutches..." "...etc, etc,etc".

The answer - THIS IS NORMAL. GET USED TO IT. Huh. I've got 4,000+ miles and it still makes a sound like rocks in a blender when shifting from first to second. The shudder is gone though. So I'm supposed to live with the unusual sound.To me, if this is truly the case, Ford should make sure the dealer network informs EVERY CUSTOMER when they buy the 2012 Focus, so they won't have the Service department chasing rabbits. But then, they probably wouldn't sell as many of these cars.

In closing, I'd like to say that I really do LOVE my 2012 focus. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this isn't a con job by Ford. My only saving grace is I bought the extended 150,000 mile warranty.
Murphy
Hello MurphyPeoples,

First, I want to apologize for the service you received. This is not acceptable treatment and we take this very seriously. The service you received will be documented and escalated to the appropriate personal for review.

When an owner experiences issues with their vehicle and post these issues on the forum, we reach out to them in the hopes of providing them further assistance, with an end result of resolving the issue as best as possible. This is why we request certain information via PM and forward that information to the Customer Service Manager. I, as well as my co-workers, provide the exact verbiage to the CSM to avoid confusion since we are not trained technicians. The information provided to the CSM is accessible by the dealer, however, I would like for you to be aware, in no way, shape, form or manner do I email any information directly to the dealer.

Again, I want to apologize for your treatment. The intended outcome was not to make you look bad to the dealer, but to make sure the dealer provides all the services possible to resolve the issue with the information provided. I hope you will still consider reaching out to us via the forum and that the safe haven to air your concerns through it as well as at the dealership, will be restored to you.

Thank you,

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Last edited by FordService; 01-13-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #622
Grinder
Banned

Fan#: 85627
What I Drive: 2003 CD silver SVT

FF Reputation: 10 Grinder Great Standing Member
I'm not trying to sound like Mr. Hindsight here but posting anything on a public internet forum (especially one where Ford representatives knowingly frequent) doesn't seem to be the most confidential place that comes to mind.

I don't blame you for being disappointed but before I posted a rant directed toward said Ford rep I'd ask myself "who's fault is this, really?"
Old 01-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #623
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
I'm not trying to sound like Mr. Hindsight here but posting anything on a public internet forum (especially one where Ford representatives knowingly frequent) doesn't seem to be the most confidential place that comes to mind.

I don't blame you for being disappointed but before I posted a rant directed toward said Ford rep I'd ask myself "who's fault is this, really?"
Exactly.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #624
DanteCaspian
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 57473
What I Drive: 2012, Platinum, Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 DanteCaspian Good Standing Member
My solution.
After failed attempts to get resolution from a nearby dealer for an outstanding TSB (they still "can't find") and other issues with this car with less than 8000KM I have decided to sell my car-- I have posted it today.
There is the solution. No more, no returned calls. No more failure to listen to my issues, no more lack of consistency in quality service, no more supply chain screw ups, no more dodging my questions... no more me bitching here or elsewhere!
I've been a Ford owner for 8+ years. These last 5 months have convicted me to never return to them.
Problem solved-- regardless of the loss I will take, I feel better already!
Old 01-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #625
focus2k12
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86194
What I Drive: Focus SE 2012

FF Reputation: 1 focus2k12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteCaspian View Post
My solution.
After failed attempts to get resolution from a nearby dealer for an outstanding TSB (they still "can't find") and other issues with this car with less than 8000KM I have decided to sell my car-- I have posted it today.
There is the solution. No more, no returned calls. No more failure to listen to my issues, no more lack of consistency in quality service, no more supply chain screw ups, no more dodging my questions... no more me bitching here or elsewhere!
I've been a Ford owner for 8+ years. These last 5 months have convicted me to never return to them.
Can't blame you. It's really a shame and I hope they greatly improve all of these issues in the 2013 focus. If mine was paid off I'd be looking to sell it right about now. I'm not going to post/rant on my opinion of the car as it just starts stuff, however reading numerous posts about people having steering issues (steering assist failure) and the dealership not going to do anything about it is ridiculous. What are they going to wait for before they fix the issue, an accident that can cause serious injuries? My car has had a few times where I've hit the gas and it really didn't do anything at first and then accelerated really quick, and I also have the steering wandering thing going on, but I choose not to get the TSB's yet, so I'm not going to get into a huge thing about that either.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #626
DanteCaspian
Focus Enthusiast

Quality issues happen... my career is about QA and engineering, so I get that.
It is the corporate inconsistency of how they are handled that has tipped me over the edge. Dang! that's be crabbing again... sorry! :P
Old 01-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #627
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Hi Grinder,

Thank you for your comments. However, it's not a matter of fault but an expectancy of quality customer service provided to our Family members. MurphyPeoples had an expectation to have his issue resolved and so do we here at the forum. You are all allowed to rant! We will gladly listen to your rant and provide the necessary assistance to resolve the "rant".

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus2k12 View Post
Can't blame you. It's really a shame and I hope they greatly improve all of these issues in the 2013 focus. If mine was paid off I'd be looking to sell it right about now. I'm not going to post/rant on my opinion of the car as it just starts stuff, however reading numerous posts about people having steering issues (steering assist failure) and the dealership not going to do anything about it is ridiculous. What are they going to wait for before they fix the issue, an accident that can cause serious injuries? My car has had a few times where I've hit the gas and it really didn't do anything at first and then accelerated really quick, and I also have the steering wandering thing going on, but I choose not to get the TSB's yet, so I'm not going to get into a huge thing about that either.
Hey focus2k12,

I'm here to escalate if you desire. You can send a PM with VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact info and I will send your case to the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteCaspian View Post
My solution.
Hello DanteCaspian,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and your final solution. I hope in the future you'll reconsider. In the meantime stay in touch via the board. Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 01-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #628
DanteCaspian
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks Noemi, but short of a miracle there is nothing that Ford could do to win my favour again.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #629
Robert1966
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93842
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 1 Robert1966 Good Standing Member
Feedback Appreciated!

My 2008 Nissan Altima lease is coming to an end this summer and I'm seriously considering the Focus in Titanium model. After reading a lot of posts with regards to transmission and my touch issues, I'm not so sure. So what I'd like to know is this: Have these two issues been rectified? The Focus has been out for almost a year now so I would appreciate any feedback. The last thing I want to do is sign up for a 3-4 year lease only to be dissatisfied with the car. I drive all day as I'm a rep. on the road so I really don't want to have to be dealing with problems by going to the dealership all the time.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #630
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1966 View Post
My 2008 Nissan Altima lease is coming to an end this summer and I'm seriously considering the Focus in Titanium model. After reading a lot of posts with regards to transmission and my touch issues, I'm not so sure. So what I'd like to know is this: Have these two issues been rectified? The Focus has been out for almost a year now so I would appreciate any feedback. The last thing I want to do is sign up for a 3-4 year lease only to be dissatisfied with the car. I drive all day as I'm a rep. on the road so I really don't want to have to be dealing with problems by going to the dealership all the time.

Most of us love the DCT Powershift transmission and have had no problems with it.

As far as the MFT is concerned there is a software update coming out soon. If you are still concerned, wait a month of two and then try out a recently built Focus. Since your lease is up this summer, the wait should work really well for you.

We own a Titanium hatch built last August and there have really been no serious disappointments. We use MFT for Nav, phone, Sirius, etc. and have experienced no lock ups by the software. We think it is a great little car.

Bookmarks & Social Networks