My Ford Touch Thread - Page 19 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #181
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
I wonder if it will be possible for the first of us who get the update, to copy it off the flashdrive and to post it online - think you would need a specific version? I would guess there are only 2 - nav and non-nav.
Nav version will also require a new SD card
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #182
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
I know you're trying to be helpful, but that information is old. I would hope people would be beating up Ford people at the show to try to either get more information about when this will be available, or, if nothing else, make them understand that owners expect the Touch version of Sync to offer everything that the non touch version offers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I know it is old. It is the last reference I could find even addressing this issue. Silence since then. Combing through tons of CES stuff last night I could find no further references. Tons of hype and info over Applink on Sync but they just seem to gloss over the issue as it relates to MFT. My guess would be that if it were in the cards relatively soon then they would be bragging about it left and right at the show.

So, to me at least, this seems to indicate that it is not a priority and when (or even if) we get it for our cars it is not going to be soon. Unfortunate.

I hope your hope is right and people are all over them at the show. I certainly would be were I there.
And Ford's response today to my email I sent them last night in regards to Applink and the 2012 Focus:

"Thank you for your email in regards to Applink product for the vehicle.

I apologize that the Applink product is not available for your 2012 Focus.

Unfortunately the Applink product is designed and configured to work with the car stereo's that are available in the North American 2011 Ford Fiesta, 2012 Mustang, 2012 Fusion, and 2012 MKZ vehicles only. SYNC owners can register for an account at www.syncmyride.com, where SYNC AppLink is available through the Update & Customize area of the site. Applications that are compatible with SYNC AppLink are available on various providers' sites. Future vehicles that will be equipped with AppLink will be 2012 Fiesta, 2012 F-Series Trucks, 2012 Navigator and 2012 Expedition.

For the time being, I would suggest using the voice command 'Bluetooth Audio' from the vehicle. Using this voice command will allow you stream the Bluetooth audio from the cell phone.

Once again I apologize that Applink is not available for your 2012 Focus with the My Ford Touch System.

Sincerely,

Brian
Ford Motor Company
SYNC Support Center"

As I suspected it doesn't seem to be a priority to them. Maybe if everyone with a 2012 Focus that wants this feature innundates them with emails they may reconsider/reprioritize. Then again, maybe not.

Anyhow, if interested email sync@ford.com to express your displeasure. Worth a shot I guess.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #183
akelley3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90272
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Metallic SEL

FF Reputation: 1 akelley3 Good Standing Member
Saw this today searching around the web and I think it's pretty much the same answers to the questions we've been asking (particularly the AppLink for me). No definitive dates, but it looks optimistic that they will bring AppLink to MFT. IMO if they don't they will definitely fall behind other car makers as far as in car infotainment is concerned.

It's a discussion with one of the developers of Sync at the 2012 CES.

http://social.ford.com/our-articles/...-connectivity/

These are the ones that peak my interest:

Question:
"Comment From Terry:
will Applink ever be available on vehicles that currently have MyFordTouch?"

Response:
"Terry -- That's the plan, but we've been focusing on the performance upgrade for all of our customers, so that's taken us some time."

Question:
"Comment From Gail
Applink is not available with MFT?"

Response:
"Gail -- That's correct, as I told Terry, we've been focusing on the performance upgrade for our customers, so AppLink on MFT is not yet available. Soon!!!"

Question:
"Comment From Larry
When will we get the USB stick with the new MyFordTouch?"

Response:
"Larry -- the MyFordTouch performance upgrade is coming in the next few months. It's in beta testing with about 1000 customers. When they say it's good, we'll know it's ready."
Old 01-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #184
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Nice. Thanks akelly3. Definitely more encouraging than the email I got from the Sync Support Center. There is hope!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #185
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimav View Post
Does anyone have a relase date for the first 2013 MY Ford with MFT?
This is from the syncmyride forum:

I know it was only stated in passing, but its the first official reference I have seen to a date beyond Q1.
That's always been the plan. The 2013 Flex, Taurus, Explorer, Edge, Lincoln MKS, and MKZ all go into production next month, February 2012.

"DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 7, 2011 – Ford customers said MyFord Touch® could be faster and feature simpler graphics that are easier to use and that’s exactly what Ford plans to deliver with a broad set of performance upgrades to the system – launching first on the new 2013 Ford Escape, Flex and Taurus." http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=35502

Depends how they define "launch", production launch or sales launch. The production can happen first, then "launch" could be when the vehicles ship to the dealers.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #186
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
That's always been the plan. The 2013 Flex, Taurus, Explorer, Edge, Lincoln MKS, and MKZ all go into production next month, February 2012.

"DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 7, 2011 – Ford customers said MyFord Touch® could be faster and feature simpler graphics that are easier to use and that’s exactly what Ford plans to deliver with a broad set of performance upgrades to the system – launching first on the new 2013 Ford Escape, Flex and Taurus." http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=35502

Depends how they define "launch", production launch or sales launch. The production can happen first, then "launch" could be when the vehicles ship to the dealers.
Ford could easily ship the vehicles with the curent software and then pay the dealers to upgrade them when they arrive. It buys them more time.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #187
yugoflip
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87666
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Blk Focus SEL 5spd HB

FF Reputation: 1 yugoflip Good Standing Member
another sneak peak at the mft upgrade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bH0-nLd-0_M

More of the same, new look at the nav maps

does anyone know if theyll have demos for the public at the Detroit show??? and maybe the Toronto show...
Old 01-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #188
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugoflip View Post
another sneak peak at the mft upgrade:
The pretty lady in the video says at the end of the interview that the upgrade isn't going to be received for another 2 - 3 months, thats mid march to april...d'oh.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Old 01-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #189
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Lets hope that's not true. I'm expecting the update late Jan/early Feb...
Old 01-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #190
akelley3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90272
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Metallic SEL

FF Reputation: 1 akelley3 Good Standing Member
When I first heard of it being released in the "first quarter" I was hoping for a Jan/Feb release as well, but my guess is it's going to take a little while. Just look at the whiplash from pushing the original MFT too soon. I'm sure they don't want another fiasco like that. They will take their time and I think it's a possibility that it won't even come out for us until about mid year.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.