Weathertech vs OEM vs other floor mats - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-16-2011, 11:43 PM   #21
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamsicle View Post
I bought the OEM all-weather mats and "they're okay" but I'm annoyed by the lack of dead-pedal coverage. Wish I had checked out the Huskys before I pulled the trigger! Unfortunately the Husky Liners don't seem to be available a la carte; you have to buy the whole set. I would love to get just the driver's side front somehow...
yeah i wish the dead pedal was covered...my wifes heels will tear a nice big whole in the carpet soon if she doesnt remember to keep her heels in the OEM all weathers that came with the winter pkg...

I would think that the wal mart type trimmable mats mights be a little awkward?? Seems like some folks here are having success with em, but in my experience they move around alot...i like the snap fit of the OEMs...

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #22
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I went with the Husky Liners, just picked them up a couple of days ago. Definitely worth the money.

SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #23
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post
I went with the Husky Liners, just picked them up a couple of days ago. Definitely worth the money.

Agreed! I've had mine now almost a month - they are holding up well and are a breeze to clean. Nice product, well worth the few bucks they cost.
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
Old 01-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #24
FlankerDFR
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90863
What I Drive: 2013 Blk ST2

FF Reputation: 1 FlankerDFR Good Standing Member
Quote; Tehmark: I have the winter package OEM ones and they are pretty skimpy for the driver (rest are fine). I was impressed by the husky mats but honestly I won't buy them to replace basically the 1 lacking mat in my car.

Since my first post; I've been home and driven my car (with OEM winter mats). Man, you weren't kidding about the drivers mat being skimpy! Think I'm gonna replace the fronts with another pair of whatever brand deep dishes!
Old 01-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #25
Bakaboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92644
What I Drive: focus 2012

FF Reputation: 1 Bakaboy Good Standing Member
So which looks better guys? I've absolutely no idea how the husky's look, does it look like shiny rubber/plastic? Or does it have the same texture as the weathertech's? Sorry, I've been trying to decide for the past few days and I haven't gotten anywhere.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #26
RRM707
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89868
What I Drive: 2012 White Sedan Titanium 18" whls

FF Reputation: 1 RRM707 Good Standing Member
I think the Huskys' look like shiny plastic. I bought the Weathertechs,

& like them better, but it's all just what you like.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #27
nocleader
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91126
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE HB Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 1 nocleader Good Standing Member
I bought the Husky's and was surprised at how thin they are. Time will tell if they are long lasting or not .. I'm hopeful
Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #28
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRM707 View Post
I think the Huskys' look like shiny plastic. I bought the Weathertechs,

& like them better, but it's all just what you like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocleader View Post
I bought the Husky's and was surprised at how thin they are. Time will tell if they are long lasting or not .. I'm hopeful
The Huskys are shiny and when I took them out of the box I was really worried that they were going to be slick and my shoes would be slipping everywhere. Fortunately, the grip is great. Wet or dry, my shoes stay in place so the appearance is misleading. Also, that smooth shiny non-textured surface is really, really easy to clean. Just wipe it down with a wet cloth, no texture means there is nothing for crap to get trapped in.

Totally agree with nocleader that they do appear thin but if you flex them around a bit, flex some of the edges, etc. it does appear to be a quite strong material. In contrast, I have the OEM cargo liner and while it is thicker, it does feel as if it would be a lot easier to tear. I've had my Huskys in for about three months now and really like them.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #29
akelley3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90272
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Metallic SEL

FF Reputation: 1 akelley3 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
The Huskys are shiny and when I took them out of the box I was really worried that they were going to be slick and my shoes would be slipping everywhere. Fortunately, the grip is great. Wet or dry, my shoes stay in place so the appearance is misleading. Also, that smooth shiny non-textured surface is really, really easy to clean. Just wipe it down with a wet cloth, no texture means there is nothing for crap to get trapped in.

Totally agree with nocleader that they do appear thin but if you flex them around a bit, flex some of the edges, etc. it does appear to be a quite strong material. In contrast, I have the OEM cargo liner and while it is thicker, it does feel as if it would be a lot easier to tear. I've had my Huskys in for about three months now and really like them.
Ditto
Old 01-13-2012, 05:23 AM   #30
2012sel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84814
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL 5 door

FF Reputation: 10 2012sel Great Standing Member
I bought the Husky liners and would buy them again.

Edit: Sorry for the short comment above, I was using my phone before.
I didn't have the opportunity to see weathertech or husky liners first hand. I purchased my Husky Liners on other forum user's positive comments, the fact that they cover the "dead pedal" area more and they are MUCH cheaper. I am happy with them and it makes sense in hindsight that a slick surface should be easier to clean. Weathertechs look like they have more of a texture to them. I'm slightly curious now if they would be as easy to clean as Husky Liners.

There are two Husky Liner colors to choose from. Grey and Black. The black is really a very very dark grey. My SEL has very dark grey carpet and so I went with the black Husky Liners. I doubt I would like the grey as much because I don't want the mats to stand out unnecessarily. But, they do look very nice and fit great.
2000 F150 Sport 2000-2011 | 1988 Ranger XLT 4wd 1988 - 2000 | 1966 Mustang 1983 - 2008 | 1963 Ford Econoline Van 1979 - 1983

Last edited by 2012sel; 01-13-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks