Sound System Install - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-21-2011, 04:10 AM   #71
Nolzta
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91979
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Sport Diesel Candy Red

FF Reputation: 1 Nolzta Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Without the info you've provided I think many of us would really be up a creek without a paddle (if not already).

As for me, given what you've cleared up...I think I'll be leaving it for the installer to nut out. Looks like it's a little beyond my humble straight swap installations.

Really do appreciate your help/posts/thread!

Cheers mate!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #72
Nolzta
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91979
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Sport Diesel Candy Red

FF Reputation: 1 Nolzta Good Standing Member
Having done a little research and looking into the LCQ1 I'm more curious than ever to see the photo's you have of it's install.

Don't suppose there are pics of how you got to the oem sony amp too? =P
Old 12-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #73
herbz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84909
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch 5MT Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 herbz Good Standing Member
Would it be possible to add tweeters to the 4 speaker package that comes on the S/SE?

My car has the same spot where it looks like a tweeter (should) be, but obviously there isn't one there. Are there separate harness connections for it in the 6 speaker model? Or are the tweeter and the front speaker just wired in series?
Old 01-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #74
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90895
What I Drive: One less Ford

FF Reputation: 1 hand-filer Good Standing Member
Big thumbs up to Tony407 for the information provided in post #42. Since day one I have been so disappointed with the mediocre sound of this Sony system.
After reading the post, I immediately headed out to the garage, removed the center grill and proceeded to remove the center speaker. Instant transformation. I spent 30 minutes in the car going through several songs and can say with confidence that this is the cure.
I can live with this system now and best of all it was free and took 15 minutes to accomplish.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #75
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast

Oops! double post.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #76
Tony407
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85289
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Hatch Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Tony407 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hand-filer View Post
Big thumbs up to Tony407 for the information provided in post #42. Since day one I have been so disappointed with the mediocre sound of this Sony system.
After reading the post, I immediately headed out to the garage, removed the center grill and proceeded to remove the center speaker. Instant transformation. I spent 30 minutes in the car going through several songs and can say with confidence that this is the cure.
I can live with this system now and best of all it was free and took 15 minutes to accomplish.
Wow, that's fantastic. I'm so happy something I shared helped someone else out!!!!!!!!

Tony
Old 01-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #77
cantwin
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93438
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 cantwin Good Standing Member
Just to confirm, this is the speaker in the middle of the dash? Any tips on how to remove it and what tools to use? Where are the clips located?

Thanks!

Quote:
Old 01-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #78
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast

I just came up from rummaging around in the basement. I found 2 pair of new in the box JL Audio C5-650's that will find a new home very soon. It's all your fault Tony
Old 01-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #79
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwin View Post
Just to confirm, this is the speaker in the middle of the dash? Any tips on how to remove it and what tools to use? Where are the clips located?

Thanks!
Yes that's the one. There are several clips around the perimeter of the grill.
It's fairly easy to remove with a trim tool. Work the tool gently around the perimeter and the grill will lift upwards and out. Refer to post #42
Old 01-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #80
hoover460
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92046
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 hoover460 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Can you describe how this cured the system? I'm wondering what the specific symptoms are that this helped, as I may do it as well. Any down side to this? I don't want to put any money into this, I have a '66 Fairlane project eating my funds right now!

Bookmarks & Social Networks