My Ford Touch Thread - Page 14 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #131
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

Points 1,748, Level 24
Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Help!!

So today my MFT did something strange. When I told it to "Call [name]" it would not recognize any name I gave it. It did work when I said dial and then the number or a street name while in navigation but it just stopped working in phone. I have done it before but now it is not and I am worried because my MFT has been pretty good since I got it. Any others with this problem or solution?!
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2012, 06:40 AM   #132
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
So today my MFT did something strange. When I told it to "Call [name]" it would not recognize any name I gave it. It did work when I said dial and then the number or a street name while in navigation but it just stopped working in phone. I have done it before but now it is not and I am worried because my MFT has been pretty good since I got it. Any others with this problem or solution?!
I have encountered this problem. It corrected itself after I stopped and then restarted the car. My wife thinks it has to do with making sure that the phone is on before you start the car. I'm not sure about that.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #133
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,748, Level 24
Level Up 48% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
I tried restarting it yesterday and it didn't help. I am thinking that if I try repairingy phone it will work?
Old 01-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #134
basalix
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 91646
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 basalix Good Standing Member
Quote:
I tried restarting it yesterday and it didn't help. I am thinking that if I try repairingy phone it will work?
Have you tried the fuse pull yet to force the system to reset? You won't lose saved data (presets or pairing). It might help.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #135
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Here is a link to the Tips section on SyncMyRide.com

http://origin.syncmyride.com/Own/Mod...gSyncTips.aspx

For Phone issues, these are the tips listed:

Try a Clean pairing

If you're having trouble pairing your mobile phone with SYNC, try a Clean pairing of your mobile phone with SYNC. Check your mobile phone for Bluetooth settings. Is SYNC listed? It may be listed under Hands-free Devices. Delete the SYNC listing.

Then check the Phone Menu on SYNC for Bluetooth Devices. If your mobile phone appears, delete its listing.

When both devices are clean of any prior connections, then try pairing your mobile phone to SYNC.

Try re-setting your mobile phone

If you're having trouble pairing your mobile phone with SYNC, try re-setting your mobile phone. Please follow your mobile phone directions for safely re-setting it.

Check Security and Auto Accept Settings

Your mobile phone may have Security Settings or an Auto Accept function that may interfere with pairing and connecting your mobile phone with SYNC. Check your mobile phone instructions to be sure the settings are not disabling your mobile phone's connection to SYNC.

Update software and firmware

Software and firmware updates for mobile phones are made available frequently. Check to see if you have the latest versions; if not, update your mobile phone and try re-pairing your mobile phone with SYNC.

Browse to confirm contacts

Browse your Phonebook contacts list in the SYNC Phone Menu. Confirm your contacts have been downloaded to SYNC. Also check that you say the contact name just as it is listed in SYNC.

Check for missing contacts

If SYNC confirms your Phonebook Download is Complete, but it is empty or missing contacts, it could be the phonebook contacts are stored on the mobile phone's SIM card. Follow your phone manual's directions to move them from the SIM card to the phone's internal memory. Once they are moved, try re-downloading your Phonebook to SYNC.

Turn OFF Auto Phonebook Download

Try turning OFF the Auto Phonebook Download feature on SYNC. If this feature is ON, each time you connect your mobile phone with SYNC, the system searches for updates. Turning this feature OFF can help stabilize the connection with SYNC. You can choose to manually update your phonebook with SYNC through the Phone Menu.

Remove special ringtones and pictures

If you have problems calling or receiving calls from one or a few contacts, it may be due to a ringtone or picture that is associated with the contact. If this is the case, follow your mobile phone instructions for removing an associated ringtone or picture with that contact. Then try downloading your phonebook to SYNC, again.

Add contacts manually

If you have paired your mobile phone with SYNC, but the phonebook cannot be downloaded, add contacts manually. Choose the Phone Menu on SYNC and then choose Add a Contact.

Increase the volume

If the volume on SYNC is low when you are using your mobile phone, try turning up the volume on your mobile phone-while it is connected to SYNC. Many mobile phones have a dedicated volume control for Bluetooth-hands-free devices, which will also control the volume when it is connected to SYNC.

Translate text messages

When you receive a text message, the SYNC text messaging feature can translate common text abbreviations for example, LOL and read them to you.*

*Only available if your mobile phone supports text messages.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #136
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,748, Level 24
Level Up 48% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
JessicaTi. Thanks. I tried those and NONE of them worked. So now I will try the fuse pull, which fuses are they and how long to I pull them out for.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #137
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
JessicaTi. Thanks. I tried those and NONE of them worked. So now I will try the fuse pull, which fuses are they and how long to I pull them out for.
The contacts are listed properly when you look under Manage Phonebook? You can try to delete your phonebook and then reload it. ???

According to my owner's manual, SYNC is on fuse 67 and Nav is on fuse 79. Pulling the fuses forces a reboot.

You can do a Master Reset through the touchscreen, you will lose your pairing, etc. with the Master Reset.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #138
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,748, Level 24
Level Up 48% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
So I did the fuse pull and STILL no luck. The weird thing is when I brought it home from the dealer I used the "Phone" "Call [name]" command feature and it worked great. I slain tried deleting the phone book and re downloading it. My final attempt will be the master reset. I that doesn't fix it then I will have to head to the dealer. If it helps I have an up to date iPhone 4
Old 01-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #139
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
So I did the fuse pull and STILL no luck. The weird thing is when I brought it home from the dealer I used the "Phone" "Call [name]" command feature and it worked great. I slain tried deleting the phone book and re downloading it. My final attempt will be the master reset. I that doesn't fix it then I will have to head to the dealer. If it helps I have an up to date iPhone 4
Since bringing it home from the dealer, have you added any additional Bluetooth phones or devices?

Can you see the contacts?

Old 01-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #140
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,748, Level 24
Level Up 48% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
Since bringing it home from the dealer, have you added any additional Bluetooth phones or devices?

Can you see the contacts?

Ok so I tried the system reset. No Luck. I can see all my contacts. Yes I have paired other phones. Do you think that could have anything to do with it? I also called the CS at Ford for SYNC and she just said thy the update will fix all of that. Now I am mad

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.