DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 34 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 05:20 AM   #331
Creamsicle
Focus Enthusiast
 
Creamsicle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 91108
Location: Baltimore, MD
What I Drive: 2012 Ti hatch

Posts: 185
FF Reputation: 2 Creamsicle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKat View Post
Creamsicle, did you happen to mention the "drive cycle" procedure as talked about on this thread?......I had my dealer do the re-flash and the only thing that changed was that it shifted at higher rpm's but all the other symptoms are still there. I havent had a chance to perform the procedure yet. I'm thinking my dealer didnt know about it.
No, I didn't. Will go back and find those posts. The service guy did say that he drove the car around to re-train it after the flash, so perhaps he already knew. BTW this was the actual service guy who did the work, not the rep who originally thought my car has CVT.
__________________
2012 Ti hatch, 401A & Sport Pkg
Creamsicle is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-29-2011, 05:22 AM   #332
Creamsicle
Focus Enthusiast
 
Creamsicle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 91108
Location: Baltimore, MD
What I Drive: 2012 Ti hatch

Posts: 185
FF Reputation: 2 Creamsicle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Long View Post
...I'm taking my car in to the dealership tomorrow and want to make sure the description I give them will get them to refer to this TSB.
I think if you read the TSB itself that will give you the exact language. Pretty sure it's posted here in this thread someplace.
__________________
2012 Ti hatch, 401A & Sport Pkg
Creamsicle is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:47 AM   #333
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fan#: 68979
Location: The Hills of, WV
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

Posts: 303
FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yeah, my post was in reference to the actual TSB which is posted at the bottom of the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamsicle View Post
I think if you read the TSB itself that will give you the exact language. Pretty sure it's posted here in this thread someplace.
Shorty Long is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #334
damianinpa
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Fan#: 52540
Location: PA
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

Posts: 75
FF Reputation: 1 damianinpa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I think the throttle is better generally. Prior to Update I would hit the gas and there was delay before I noticed RPM increase..now it is instant. And, having the higher RPM's has provided for a more enjoyable ride. I tend to drive slower for better MPG's, but, the shift points really seem good now. My only issue is from a dead stop at a light or stop sign when I let off the break and car starts rolling I do feel some shuddering like it is going to stall. It hasn't stalled, but, you can feel it. I think I just have to get used to that. I did not notice that prior to the update.
Also, I noted in another post I was getting 33-34 mixed driving in the summer which has gone down to 30-31 since colder temps hit and winter gas. I was worried with this update that the higher RPM's would result in a drop in MPG. But, the last 2 tanks have been 32 MPG so, I think that fear can be put to rest.
Damian
damianinpa is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:09 PM   #335
Binyana2011
Focus Enthusiast
 
Binyana2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fan#: 87240
Location: St Paul, United States
What I Drive: 2012 RCM Ti Hatch, 2012 Elantra Ltd

Posts: 183
FF Reputation: 5 Binyana2011 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have an early December built Titanium that I just picked up today. Drove it about 150 miles in town and on highway. Shifts like a dream! Those waiting to get the update should be quite satisfied.
Binyana2011 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #336
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89368
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

Posts: 426
FF Reputation: 10 valmundo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Lost faith in my local Ford dealership

I just came back from my local Ford dealership and I am convinced they don't know what they are doing.

After hearing about the TSB regarding the DCT on my Focus, I called my Ford dealership and scheduled an appointment to have a service rep update the software accordingly. When I got there, the rep had no clue what I was talking about. After showing him the info from this site and others (motorweek, NYT), my rep agreed to take my car and have a look at it.

Three hours later the guy comes back to me and says my clutch is shot and needs to be replaced! Seriously??!!! I've had the car for only four months and have only 6,000 miles on it. I looked at him like he was crazy (couldn't help it). Mind you, I didn't have any real problems with my car before this incident. I just decided to have the DCT flashed with the latest software because of all the positive responses here (and at other sites) which said that there is a significant improvement in the car's driving experience. Furthermore, the guy tells me the clutch has to be ordered and will not be in until Jan 5, 2012 so I should come back then. After all that, he gave me back my keys and told me to take the car. Seriously???!!! If my clutch was so shot, why did he give me back my keys and told me I can drive it until next week???!!!

When I got home, first thing I did was send an email to Ford. I'm not even sure if the guy updated the software or not. (I think he did, because I have noticed some improvements but I can't be too sure since I'm still steaming).

What should I do? Do I believe this guy and take my car back on Jan 5 for the "alleged" repairs (won't cost me anything since it is under warranty)? I am leaning on getting a second opinion at another car dealer. I am hoping I get a response back from Ford before the 5th so I can figure out what to do.

On a somewhat side note, Ford (and the other car dealers) really need to do a better job to make sure these guys that work in their dealership are more informed about the products they sell. I learn more from you guys then I do from them. (thanks)
valmundo is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #337
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89399
Location: Weston, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

Posts: 532
FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
I just came back from my local Ford dealership and I am convinced they don't know what they are doing.

After hearing about the TSB regarding the DCT on my Focus, I called my Ford dealership and scheduled an appointment to have a service rep update the software accordingly. When I got there, the rep had no clue what I was talking about. After showing him the info from this site and others (motorweek, NYT), my rep agreed to take my car and have a look at it.

Three hours later the guy comes back to me and says my clutch is shot and needs to be replaced! Seriously??!!! I've had the car for only four months and have only 6,000 miles on it. I looked at him like he was crazy (couldn't help it). Mind you, I didn't have any real problems with my car before this incident. I just decided to have the DCT flashed with the latest software because of all the positive responses here (and at other sites) which said that there is a significant improvement in the car's driving experience. Furthermore, the guy tells me the clutch has to be ordered and will not be in until Jan 5, 2012 so I should come back then. After all that, he gave me back my keys and told me to take the car. Seriously???!!! If my clutch was so shot, why did he give me back my keys and told me I can drive it until next week???!!!

When I got home, first thing I did was send an email to Ford. I'm not even sure if the guy updated the software or not. (I think he did, because I have noticed some improvements but I can't be too sure since I'm still steaming).

What should I do? Do I believe this guy and take my car back on Jan 5 for the "alleged" repairs (won't cost me anything since it is under warranty)? I am leaning on getting a second opinion at another car dealer. I am hoping I get a response back from Ford before the 5th so I can figure out what to do.

On a somewhat side note, Ford (and the other car dealers) really need to do a better job to make sure these guys that work in their dealership are more informed about the products they sell. I learn more from you guys then I do from them. (thanks)
I also live in Broward County, Florida. What dealership did you take the car to?
danyall2010 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:15 PM   #338
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89368
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

Posts: 426
FF Reputation: 10 valmundo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sawgrass Ford. The funny thing is now that I have been driving the car after my appointment there, I am noticing things but I'm not sure if it is because the software was updated or if in fact, there is a problem. Now when I accelerate, I can feel the clutch slipping or stuttering (or at least it feels like it).
valmundo is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #339
PratoN
Focus Fanatic
 
PratoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88058
Location: Milwaukee, WI
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Posts: 3,811
FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
Sawgrass Ford. The funny thing is now that I have been driving the car after my appointment there, I am noticing things but I'm not sure if it is because the software was updated or if in fact, there is a problem. Now when I accelerate, I can feel the clutch slipping or stuttering (or at least it feels like it).
After the PCM flash, the car does need to relearn itself - or whatever fuzzy logic is in there.

I'm not sure if that would cause the stuttering or not. But I can't say I'd be surprised if Ford told me my clutch was shot. My transmission shifted really weird before the recalibration flash which is why I got the update as soon as I learned it was available. I even wrote Ford and told them to be more proactive about reflashing the transmissions if customers asked. I hope they took my advice.
PratoN is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:18 PM   #340
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89399
Location: Weston, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

Posts: 532
FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
Sawgrass Ford. The funny thing is now that I have been driving the car after my appointment there, I am noticing things but I'm not sure if it is because the software was updated or if in fact, there is a problem. Now when I accelerate, I can feel the clutch slipping or stuttering (or at least it feels like it).
I called Sawgrass Ford a few months ago and said it was "normal" without bringing the car in. I am going to wait until the end of January (to put some miles on the car) and then bring it in to Pines Ford-Lincoln.

Last edited by danyall2010; 12-30-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: errant backwards slash on the message
danyall2010 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.