Wrench dash light - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-13-2011, 09:27 AM   #61
ninjakatie
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92685
What I Drive: 2010, metalic green, Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ninjakatie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
As I had hoped, my dealership seems to have fixed the issue and did so in one day, so really no need for a loaner. The throttlebody was replaced, error code P2135. Glad I was under warranty. This would have been about $351 to fix. I'm very happy my dealership didn't let me down and I could report a positive outcome. I've received great service from them previously and get great discounts on oil changes etc. The shuttle service was perfect and the gentleman who drove even showed me short cuts to get to the dealership from work. I am concerned to have a problem so early with my car, hopefully it's not a sign of things to come.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #62
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,298, Level 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjakatie View Post
Right now, it's at the dealers. As I post this, I have confidence in my dealer and will post the results of today's visit. My only annoyance is, I called on Friday and was told I may be without a car for the whole weekend. I'm under warranty, why wasn't I offered a loaner (I'm single and all my friends work) so I could take it in when the problem started?
Hey Ninjakatie,

Glad to hear youíve taken your Focus to the dealer. Iíll be on the lookout for the results.

As for the loaner vehicle, they are provided per dealer availability. It would be great if everyone got one for any given reason however, not all dealers have that option. Dealers may base their decision on whether or not the customerís vehicle was purchased at their location or if an extenuating circumstance occurred. Also, rental provisions are offered under any one of Fordís Extended Service Plans.

Thanks,

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 12-13-2011, 09:40 AM   #63
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,298, Level 35
Level Up 66% Completed
Forum Activity 21%
Quote:
As I had hoped, my dealership seems to have fixed the issue and did so in one day, so really no need for a loaner. The throttlebody was replaced, error code P2135. Glad I was under warranty. This would have been about $351 to fix. I'm very happy my dealership didn't let me down and I could report a positive outcome. I've received great service from them previously and get great discounts on oil changes etc. .
Hey Ninjakatie,

Our messages crossed each other, lol.

Ecstatic to learn your vehicle is driving smoothly and you had no out of pocket expenses.

Happy Holidays!

Noemi

Old 12-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #64
ninjakatie
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92685
What I Drive: 2010, metalic green, Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ninjakatie Good Standing Member
Thank you for the information Noemi and the follow up. I'm very pleased with the result and my car is happy again!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #65
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,298, Level 35
Level Up 66% Completed
Forum Activity 21%
Quote:
Thank you for the information Noemi and the follow up. I'm very pleased with the result and my car is happy again!!!
Hey Ninjakatie,

A happy car means a happy owner/driver!

May you have a safe holiday season!

Noemi

Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #66
Wobbn08
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90548
What I Drive: 2008 Silver SES Coupe

Points 1,306, Level 20
Points: 1,306, Level: 20 Points: 1,306, Level: 20 Points: 1,306, Level: 20
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 6 Wobbn08 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Bringing this thread back up hoping to have some insight towards my situation...

I have an 08 with 46K miles on it. I bought it just over a year ago with 18K miles on it. The NIGHT I bought my car, the wrench light came on. I called the dealer on the way home and said that it had came on, they said to bring it back tomorrow if it's still on. I said, "can I take it to another dealer?" (Because I live 2.5 hours away from where I bought my car) They said no.

Next day I get in my car and it doesn't come on. A week later it does. Instantly I start googling my issue and see nothing much at all. I post on the forums asking what it could be and someone said that the throttle needed to be recalibrated by the dealer and to take it to them if it keeps happening.

Now, it's been over a year. The light comes on randomly. It is literally random when it comes on. I can be just starting out, cruising in 5th gear, or if I leave it in a gear "too long" It has NEVER put my car in Limp mode, and I've never had an issue with performance if the light is on. So I basically ignored it... Well now it's been coming on everyday. Multiple times a day. It's annoying. Still not having any issues with my car going into limp mode, and still no issues with drive-ability.

Now... I'm not going to take it to the dealer for them to charge me $90 and tell me nothings wrong. If anything, I will do what I found on another(mustang) forum. Clean the MAF, and clean the throttle body. If it's still happening, then maybe I'll replace the TPS. As my car is not under warranty, I will be paying for this all out of pocket, and doing the work myself. Cause I'm not going to go get raped by the dealer.

But before I do this, does anyone else have this issue? or is there anything that you would suggest that I do?
SES #018
Old 02-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #67
st12131
Focal Distortion

Fan#: 74797
What I Drive: 2007, Huyndai, Santa Fe, GLS

FF Reputation: 8 st12131 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Posted via FF Mobile
You can not replace the tps in the throttle body. It is a sealed unit, non serviceable. A new TB should only be about $150 or so. Good luck
Old 02-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #68
Wobbn08
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90548
What I Drive: 2008 Silver SES Coupe

Points 1,306, Level 20
Points: 1,306, Level: 20 Points: 1,306, Level: 20 Points: 1,306, Level: 20
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 6 Wobbn08 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Ahh okay, i read that you could on the mustang forum you could. that's why i figured.
SES #018
Old 05-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #69
lawdog1623
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99181
What I Drive: 2009 ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 lawdog1623 Good Standing Member
Focus wrench light and chugging!

I have a 09 focus with 57,000 miles doing the same thing. I took it to the dealer and they said that no code was stored in the computer. They drove the vehicle and could not duplicate the problem. Charged me $75 and sent me on my way. The vehicle losses all power, pull over turn off and then turn on and it drives fine. The vehicle also is chugging at highway speeds. I have had my vehicle at the dealer now for two days and guess what they can't duplicate the problem so nothing is wrong. They have a TSB for this issue which states it is most likely a throttle body. Thet read it to me! They don't want to replace it because they have never had to replace one before. This vehicle is under warranty. I am totally frustrated at this point and I ready to get rid of all 3 of my ford vehicles. Any suggestions!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #70
ktryton
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99409
What I Drive: 2011 fiesta

FF Reputation: 1 ktryton Good Standing Member
My 2011 Fiesta also has what seems to be the SAME issue. It has been back to the dealer no less than 6 times for the wrench light coming on and going into limp mode. The dealer first couldn't find a code, then after getting a code (the next time the light came on a couple weeks later) replaced parts that did not fix it. They are working on the problem but can't get it right. We are thinking that maybe we need to look into the lemon law on this as the car had less than 36000 miles on it when the problem started and we have had it in the shop 6 times related to this same problem and it is in no better shape today then the first time we took it in. We have 4 Fords right now and have always bought Fords but a issue like this makes you want to look into other options.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.