Third gen bordumb chat - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #21
cacophonous
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89165
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti & 2005 Saab 92X Aero

FF Reputation: 2 cacophonous Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Anyone here jam? I play lead guitar and have been in a few bands over the years. Currently I jam with my 4 year old son who plays drums. He has a Yamaha electric kit (5 piece w/two cymbals) powered by Yamaha drum amps. I mostly play my Yamaha 6 string electric but have an Ibanez electric and Fender acoustic. We have a PA system with two mics and some keys in our studio which is the entire loft in our house. We do a pretty heavy version of itsy bitsy spider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #22
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 14 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
I am just mad because I now have to drive 100 miles to buy the car I want because my PITA salesman refused to trade and had no sympathy for the many hours I spent at his dealership trying to buy that car and he had no means of getting. It was almost bait and switch. He tried to sell me up every chance he go before he told me that he could not get that car. Ok well, hope this try goes well!
My experience was similar, though not as annoying.
First place I went, the 'salesman' was like not interested in even talking to me, so I go to a second place.
There he was interested, and we spent a long time talking.. it started getting stuck on price.. Without him really confirming that he could actually GET the car he found so i would be able to even get it. (he would not tell me where it was.. just seemed he was trying to get a buy confirmation before he would even see if he could really get the car.
Finally I just said i am tired of going nowhere, and walked out.
Next day I did some internet searching and found the car 60 miles away in some little farm town.
Funny the salesman was available online right when i was looking at the car on thier website. So I chatted with him, we arranged a look-see that afternoon.
I drove there and in a few hours i had my new Focus.
I really did not dicker with him as I was driving 60 miles to look for that exact car. So I just asked and got the 'internet' discount. ($830) And also saved the $600 local 'fee' the metro area dealers were tacking on.
That salesman said they would have not been willing to trade it away anyway.

Amazing that a Metro area with 1.5 million population and eight Ford dealers.. doesn't have a single car i would have bought (no manual tranny at all except two 'S' stripped down jobs in silver/black), but some rural town in the middle of nowhere has the perfect car.
Bright yellow metallic with manual tranny and 17" wheels.. Jeez.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #23
TitaniumFred
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86524
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 TitaniumFred Good Standing Member
While you're driving and enjoying your new Focus. Listen to the Mysterious Universe podcasts. Two guys from Australia talking about UFOs, ghosts, curses, hauntings, etc. It's fun and at time hilarious. "as I was travelling out of my body and laying beside another woman, she woke up which caused me to lose my projection"
Old 12-12-2011, 11:51 PM   #24
tmnCA
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91665
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Hatchback SE, Sport

FF Reputation: 0 tmnCA Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophonous View Post
Anyone here jam? I play lead guitar and have been in a few bands over the years. Currently I jam with my 4 year old son who plays drums. He has a Yamaha electric kit (5 piece w/two cymbals) powered by Yamaha drum amps. I mostly play my Yamaha 6 string electric but have an Ibanez electric and Fender acoustic. We have a PA system with two mics and some keys in our studio which is the entire loft in our house. We do a pretty heavy version of itsy bitsy spider.
My husband and I used to be in a band - really we were the band he played guitar and sand I played bass and sometimes sang. We went through drummers like the Spinal Tap movie jokes about. We recorded a couple CDs and played live shows for 7 years. Now we have too many other things going on in our lives and have lost interest in playing music, it wasn't going anywhere for us and we don't find the time to jam. Maybe I'll pick up my bass again some day.

Thank you for raising a drummer, they are always in short supply, I suspect because few parents are willing to let their kids practice!
Old 12-13-2011, 12:24 AM   #25
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
What products do you all use to clean your focus? Jw.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 AM   #26
cacophonous
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89165
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti & 2005 Saab 92X Aero

FF Reputation: 2 cacophonous Good Standing Member
Hi tmnCA,

Very cool. I was in a band with two females. My best friend that played guitar and her friend that played bass. Also a guy I worked with played drums. It was such a fun cool band. Kinda of heavy music. But my friend moved to Chicago so it ended after that. She started dating a dummer there and eventually they started a band there.

I know what you mean about drummers being harder to find.

One of the bands I was in years ago was with a super talented drummer who could also sing, play guitar and keyboard. His mom was a piano teacher and the whole family was naturally musically talented. He was brilliant but somehow behind the scenes got into hard drugs. His downward spiral caused the band to break because we never did find a replacement that fit the rest of the band.

Before my son was born I purchased the drum kit/amp for my wife who always wanted to play drums and her parents would never get her a kit. Shortly after that she got pregnant and didn't touch them so it was perfect for my son. He started playing at age 2 (altough rough) and has decent control/rythm. I am going to have him take lessons soon because I am not a drummer at all. I can handle basic drumming but find it so hard compared to keyboard, guitar and bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnCA View Post
My husband and I used to be in a band - really we were the band he played guitar and sand I played bass and sometimes sang. We went through drummers like the Spinal Tap movie jokes about. We recorded a couple CDs and played live shows for 7 years. Now we have too many other things going on in our lives and have lost interest in playing music, it wasn't going anywhere for us and we don't find the time to jam. Maybe I'll pick up my bass again some day.

Thank you for raising a drummer, they are always in short supply, I suspect because few parents are willing to let their kids practice!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #27
mrwhistles
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90684
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 mrwhistles Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
What products do you all use to clean your focus? Jw.
I have one of those large california dusters that I have been using to clean off the road grime every day when I get home. I just leave it in my garage and it takes all of 30 seconds to go over the car. Usually at least the rear bumper has some dust on it. I have a smaller california duster for the interior and a lint roller. I've also just been giving my floor mats a shake after I drive around.

I know. I'm crazy.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #28
Superd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87917
What I Drive: '12 candy red titanium hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Superd Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwhistles View Post
I know. I'm crazy.
Admitting you have a problem is half the battle...and cleaning your nice new forcus is a great problem to have!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #29
Fuzzy Logic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91597
What I Drive: 2012 White Plat Met Tri Ti HB

FF Reputation: 2 Fuzzy Logic Good Standing Member
just filled up with 89 today... used to use 87... holy crap what a difference. i thought my dct shifted smoother when i broke it in, now i can hardly feel it shift. the whole car just seems to run smoother.

goin on a trip soon to visit my folks for christmas, will see what the gas mileage is when i take the trip.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:28 AM   #30
Mik Ohki
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29868
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SE w. SFE

FF Reputation: 1 Mik Ohki Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
just filled up with 89 today... used to use 87... holy crap what a difference. i thought my dct shifted smoother when i broke it in, now i can hardly feel it shift. the whole car just seems to run smoother.

goin on a trip soon to visit my folks for christmas, will see what the gas mileage is when i take the trip.
The more posts like that I see, the more tempted I am to try it...

Tried 88, can't really say if I saw a difference at all or not.
1987 Light Blue 3.8L V6 Thunderbird (RIP 6/17/01)

Bookmarks & Social Networks