Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 57 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #561
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,233, Level 35
Points: 3,233, Level: 35 Points: 3,233, Level: 35 Points: 3,233, Level: 35
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goseejoe View Post
Car now has 2600 miles on it and still this transmission has not 'broke in'.
Latest issue is this trans not going into 3rd gear and the engine freewheeling.
When it did after a few seconds we were treated to a burnt clutch smell for the next 1/2 hour.
Hi goseejoe,

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing concerns. Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serathe View Post
I've had my Versa for a month and couldn't be happier. May not be as lux, but it's decent and simple more importantly I'm confident in it.

I do wish Ford would back up their product instead of brushing their customers off.
As you can see from the thread, there are many people who had their initial concerns resolved, either by me or the dealer. Those with lingering issues are handled on a case by case basis, and chances are yours would have been worry-free. I wish you the best with your new ride!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #562
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,532, Level 22
Points: 1,532, Level: 22 Points: 1,532, Level: 22 Points: 1,532, Level: 22
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by serathe View Post
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Just found this gem posted on the ford blog Nov 28 2011 (on youtube since oct)

Anyways. I'm so appreciative to have found this thread & the car was seriously acting up before we purchased it. I'm glad. I'd be more than frustrated and feel bad for those having issues with it.

I've had my Versa for a month and couldn't be happier. May not be as lux, but it's decent and simple more importantly I'm confident in it.

I do wish Ford would back up their product instead of brushing their customers off.
Perfect video!!! Here is another

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #563
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Update:

Services Performed:
Bearing and Seal Assembly in the front and Struts replaced - Fixed all grinding noises.

Reprogrammed PCM and TCM TSB 11-10-2 - Runs better but I still have a rough idle and shuddering, will give it more time though.

Reprogrammed Body Control Module TSB 10-10-1 - Key Fobs now lock instantly.

They couldn't replicate air vent noise.

I still have speaker, headliner, vent, and console rattles and noise. They aren't major but I will see if they get worse
Old 12-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #564
KimberChick
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 91809
What I Drive: 2010 Toyota Tacoma DoubleCab

FF Reputation: 1 KimberChick Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post

I still have speaker, headliner, vent, and console rattles and noise. They aren't major but I will see if they get worse
I know the general consensus of the forum is to take the car to the dealer for every creak and squeak, but it's gonna get old tracking them all down. Ask your service writer for a "quiet kit" or bits from one...if Ford even does this. Toyota has a kit...a box full of foam, felt, rubber bits, seals, etc., that are used to quiet things like dash rattles that happen on really cold days and buzzing plastic vibrations. Despite each car being "identical" each part isn't exactly the same. If you can get some of this stuff and a friend to drive with you to push in and pinpoint the rattles and squeaks, you can fix most of them faster on your own.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #565
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
I know the general consensus of the forum is to take the car to the dealer for every creak and squeak, but it's gonna get old tracking them all down. Ask your service writer for a "quiet kit" or bits from one...if Ford even does this. Toyota has a kit...a box full of foam, felt, rubber bits, seals, etc., that are used to quiet things like dash rattles that happen on really cold days and buzzing plastic vibrations. Despite each car being "identical" each part isn't exactly the same. If you can get some of this stuff and a friend to drive with you to push in and pinpoint the rattles and squeaks, you can fix most of them faster on your own.
The console and vent does seem to be in colder weather. Its just now getting cold here and I'm noticing them a lot more. The headliner and speaker rattles have been there since I got it back in June though. But yeah I would like to avoid the dealership as much as possible.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #566
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

Points 1,110, Level 18
Points: 1,110, Level: 18 Points: 1,110, Level: 18 Points: 1,110, Level: 18
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
I've been seeing some improvement with the DCT shudder of late. I don't spend a lot of time at stop and go, mostly highway and rural roads, so break-in might take me a bit longer than most - now at 1800 miles. The shudder when accelerating from a stop is very minimal now. I've had one more incident where I was slowing for traffic from 35 or 40 to about 15 or 20 and then attempting to quickly accelerate into an adjacent lane once traffic cleared there, and having the transmission either up-shift instead of downshift or go to neutral - anyway, no go and high RPMs. This is a pretty common maneuver in commute traffic, something I don't experience much any more, but it is troubling that the transmission would not immediately respond in this situation. I'm going to see how reliably I can reproduce this in the next few days and then repost. If I note a consistency, I'll go to my dealer to see if the TCB might help me, even though this is an October car, and I'm pretty happy otherwise.
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
Old 12-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #567
gpinnell
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91849
What I Drive: 2012

FF Reputation: 1 gpinnell Good Standing Member
2012 Focus situation report

Natasha: Just wanted to update you on my transmission issue with my 2012 Focus. The transmission reset seemed to help. I consider this problem resolved. Please pass these pro/cons along to whoever listens in your chain:
Pro:
1. Excellent fuel economy (now getting 31.5 combined)
2. Pretty quiet for a small car
3. Acceleration seems quicker than its rated time.
4. Comfortable ergonomics in seating.
Con:
1. Did someone intentionally forget to engineer places to put things?!? Impossible to reach glove box, too small center console storage, no "nooks" for items to be placed. Needs a storage compartment on the dash like other imports or the Dodge Caliber.
2. Back seat legroom scanty with a 68" driver in the front seat.

All in all car is growing on me but wish I hadn't had to buy a back of seat storage unit to put things. Thanks for your time. Greg
Old 12-08-2011, 04:14 PM   #568
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,233, Level 35
Level Up 22% Completed
Forum Activity 29%
Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
Update:

Services Performed:
Bearing and Seal Assembly in the front and Struts replaced - Fixed all grinding noises.

Reprogrammed PCM and TCM TSB 11-10-2 - Runs better but I still have a rough idle and shuddering, will give it more time though.

Reprogrammed Body Control Module TSB 10-10-1 - Key Fobs now lock instantly.

They couldn't replicate air vent noise.

Hi Chum567,

Glad to hear some of the issues you reported have been resolved. If you need further assistance in the future, give a shout out through PM to myself and Natasha.

Happy Holidays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpinnell View Post
Natasha: Just wanted to update you on my transmission issue with my 2012 Focus. The transmission reset seemed to help. I consider this problem resolved. Please pass these pro/cons along to whoever listens in your chain:
Pro:
1. Excellent fuel economy (now getting 31.5 combined)
2. Pretty quiet for a small car
3. Acceleration seems quicker than its rated time.
4. Comfortable ergonomics in seating.
Con:
1. Did someone intentionally forget to engineer places to put things?!? Impossible to reach glove box, too small center console storage, no "nooks" for items to be placed. Needs a storage compartment on the dash like other imports or the Dodge Caliber.
2. Back seat legroom scanty with a 68" driver in the front seat.

All in all car is growing on me but wish I hadn't had to buy a back of seat storage unit to put things. Thanks for your time. Greg
Hi Gpinnell,

I will relay the message to Natasha. She will be happy to hear the issue has been resolved.

As for the pros and cons you listed, you can post them for our engineer's consideration on Social.Ford.com.

Thanks for the tips and Happy Holidays!

Noemi

Old 12-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #569
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,233, Level 35
Level Up 22% Completed
Forum Activity 29%
Quote:
Originally Posted by flingwing1969 View Post
I've been seeing some improvement with the DCT shudder of late. I don't spend a lot of time at stop and go, mostly highway and rural roads, so break-in might take me a bit longer than most - now at 1800 miles.... If I note a consistency, I'll go to my dealer to see if the TCB might help me, even though this is an October car, and I'm pretty happy otherwise.
Hey Flingwing1969,

I'm glad to learn the issues are receding. Please keep myself and Natasha posted on any changes.

Thanks,

Noemi

Old 12-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #570
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

Points 1,110, Level 18
Points: 1,110, Level: 18 Points: 1,110, Level: 18 Points: 1,110, Level: 18
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hey Flingwing1969,

I'm glad to learn the issues are receding. Please keep myself and Natasha posted on any changes.

Thanks,

Noemi
Sure will. Here is a post I made at two other threads - you can quote me:

Just a quick all-is-well comment. I now have 1800 miles on my October SEL. up to about 1700, I had a slight shudder when accelerating from a stop, not awful but annoying for a new car. Three times, maybe four, I experienced a strange up-shift/clutch application/shift-to-neutral flair when going to brake then back to accelerate. The shudder is now virtually non-existent and I tried several heavy-brake/gas sequences yesterday and was unable to replicate my four prior experiences. I continue to marvel at how pleasant this car is to drive - I do believe I like it much better than my 1967 Corvette (gone in 1969), my 1969 Corvette (gone in 1971), or my 1968 E-Type Jag (gone in 1973). None of these cars gave me the road hugging feel and confidence that my SEL gives me - I do really love to drive this machine on the 13 miles of curvy, narrow, tree-shaded country roads to and from my ranch on in the hills!
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.