What neat tricks and tips have you've found since owning? - Page 46 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #451
datsunfreak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89960
What I Drive: 2012 Ebony Black SE Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 datsunfreak Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This may be common knowledge, but I learned this today on accident. When streaming audio to the radio via bluetooth (Pandora, etc.), the OK button on the right side of the steering wheel will pause the audio.

Was always annoyed having to pick up my phone to pause the stream. This will be quite handy.

And if this is an iphone only thing, and you don't have an iphone, sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #452
Gatorgibson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91669
What I Drive: 2012 HB Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Gatorgibson Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPopNC View Post
Really great idea...it'll keep the little things from spilling out.

Also...really good reading there! My favorite Book!
Best seller!!! My fav!!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 08:35 PM   #453
bkoester
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53453
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 bkoester Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by datsunfreak View Post
This may be common knowledge, but I learned this today on accident. When streaming audio to the radio via bluetooth (Pandora, etc.), the OK button on the right side of the steering wheel will pause the audio.

Was always annoyed having to pick up my phone to pause the stream. This will be quite handy.

And if this is an iphone only thing, and you don't have an iphone, sorry.
I don't think it's an iphone only thing, however, I believe it's a non MFT thing. For MFT we have two shortcut buttons and I have the top one set to play/pause.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #454
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
I tried locking the keys in the hatch ... and like posted earlier the Focus wont lock .. I like that. I also tested locking myself in the car with the engine off and key in my pocket. If some one tries to open the car door, they wont open. That is also a good thing. My 14 year old daughter acted like a car jacker and I stayed safe inside!!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #455
skramblr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86363
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL & 2012 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 skramblr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnCA View Post
...Also the headlights don't come on when on auto if there is dense fog but enough filtering light - any way to increase the sensitivity? ...
On my F250, the sensor is located on the center of the dash all the way to the front (near the windshield). I think I saw the same on the Focus (can't check because my wife is out driving it now). Two things I do:
1) Added a small piece of window tint (the kind you cut out and put on your windows). This makes it come on sooner.
2) When driving in and out of shade on a highway thru the woods, the lights are constantly going on and off. So I toss my had or a small towel over the sensor and the lights stay on.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #456
skramblr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86363
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL & 2012 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 skramblr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPopNC View Post
You may need to set a destination, then it will check the traffic for that route. I commute 45 minutes one way, so I have my home address in there and before leaving work will say "Destination Home!" and it will set it, then the route 'line' will either show green (for no traffic issues), yellow (for moderate traffic), red (for congested traffic).

You can also just say "Traffic" and it will search nearby for all traffic or road constructions and list them out.

Did I say how much I love my car? Is this stuff extremely cool???
The traffic alert will also pop-up when new alerts are added (like if a traffic accident happens). But I've noticed that only about 1 in 10 accidents while commuting actually result in an alert. Also, it will flash alerts that are hours away down your route (sure to be gone before you get there) or on streets near your route (which you don't care about). So I find this feature only partly useful.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #457
tmnCA
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91665
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Hatchback SE, Sport

FF Reputation: 0 tmnCA Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by skramblr View Post
On my F250, the sensor is located on the center of the dash all the way to the front (near the windshield). I think I saw the same on the Focus (can't check because my wife is out driving it now). Two things I do:
1) Added a small piece of window tint (the kind you cut out and put on your windows). This makes it come on sooner.
2) When driving in and out of shade on a highway thru the woods, the lights are constantly going on and off. So I toss my had or a small towel over the sensor and the lights stay on.
Great ideas(s)! In the fog the light is diffuse and can seem bright but I still prefer lights on whenever there is fog. I'm used to having lights always on when car is on from Volvos... so I may not remember to manually turn on the lights in fog.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #458
Scriptorum
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89797
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium HB + Nav

FF Reputation: 1 Scriptorum Good Standing Member
When in dual-zone climate control, return to single-zone by holding the AUTO button. I previously thought you had to use MFT to go back.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #459
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by skramblr View Post
Good ideas! You could simply put a pair of sunglasses on the dash over the sensor too.
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
Old 12-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #460
DarinS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88257
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium hatch, BMW E30 335iC

FF Reputation: 1 DarinS Good Standing Member
I'd be perfectly happy if my autolamps came on all the time just like DRLs. They can still be switched off if need be. I'll try to find my sensor and cover it with a little piece of electrical tape.

Bookmarks & Social Networks