Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 56 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #551
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm not feeling good about my tranmission issues being fixed. I have a feeling they will say oh its normal because when I dropped the car off I asked if he wanted to see my paper I brough which had the TSB on there and he said no, then when he asked what was wrong I said everything thats on the sheet of paper and he wouldn't even look at it :/ He said just tell me your problems and I in detail told him everything and on his sheet all he wrote back rough idle/vibrations. He didn't write anything down about my hesitation with accelerating, low speed shuddering. I told him in detail and had my sheet but he didnt acknowledge it. Maybe they will maybe they wont. I have a feeling they will say normal just to get it out of their shop. He won't even start on it until tomorrow he said even though 3 months ago they told me they would work on immediately and first thing when my part was in. Oh well. He said I'll get it back Sat. maybe.:(.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #552
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
When my wife was in town yesterday, I had her put mid-grade fuel in our SEL just to see if the higher octane might improve the acceleration from stop condition (shudder). She reported that she experienced the shudder for a time after she refueled. Today I took the car to a meeting and put about 30 miles on it, with several stop and go opportunities and I can report that it did not shudder once when pulling away in "D". I'm not excited about putting more expensive fuel in the car, but I will do so to get smooth performance. It make sense because the TCU is programed to up-shift ASAP to improve fuel economy and the shudder might be due to the engine actually lugging, as it would if you were driving a fully manual transmission car and you shifted from first to third at 15 mph. I'm still hopeful!
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
Old 12-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #553
JPopNC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88327
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium H-back

FF Reputation: 1 JPopNC Good Standing Member
I totally agree with you FlingWing...did the exact same with the exact same results.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #554
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
I'm not feeling good about my tranmission issues being fixed. I have a feeling they will say oh its normal because when I dropped the car off I asked if he wanted to see my paper I brough which had the TSB on there and he said no, then when he asked what was wrong I said everything thats on the sheet of paper and he wouldn't even look at it
I'm sorry you didn't get the best first impression from the dealership. Your CSM will follow up Monday by the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flingwing1969 View Post
When my wife was in town yesterday, I had her put mid-grade fuel in our SEL just to see if the higher octane might improve the acceleration from stop condition (shudder).
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPopNC View Post
I totally agree with you FlingWing...did the exact same with the exact same results.
The Focus is designed to use regular unleaded gasoline (87 octane), but premium fuel does improve performance, so that may be why you've noticed a change.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 12-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #555
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
I'm sorry you didn't get the best first impression from the dealership. Your CSM will follow up Monday by the end of the day.

The Focus is designed to use regular unleaded gasoline (87 octane), but premium fuel does improve performance, so that may be why you've noticed a change.

~Natasha
I understand the mantra, Natasha, but I do believe that, with the current programing on the DCT, it's not designed to run well on 87 octane.
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
Old 12-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #556
bluefcsfan2011
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92371
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus

FF Reputation: 1 bluefcsfan2011 Good Standing Member
Very interesting to read this... I bought mine may 29, it had 150 miles on it. I have a 100 mile daily commute, so I'm at about 16,000 miles... drove home from work tonight, all is fine. I too, ws told to wear the car in........... so, 16,000 miles later still having same issues, anway, drive home from work, pull out of parking space at target, check engine light comes on and the car keeps slipping out of drive...needless say, my brand new 2012 focus is sitting on the dealer lot waiting for them to look at it... i loved my car, but very disappointed :(
Old 12-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #557
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Just got off the phone with my local dealership - they've gotten the OK from Ford to repair the blemish on the hood and replace the chipped headlight.

Thanks for the help, Natasha!
Old 12-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #558
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefcsfan2011 View Post
...so, 16,000 miles later still having same issues, anway, drive home from work, pull out of parking space at target, check engine light comes on and the car keeps slipping out of drive...needless say, my brand new 2012 focus is sitting on the dealer lot waiting for them to look at it... i loved my car, but very disappointed :(
Hi Bluefcsfan2011,

Welcome to the board!

Sorry to hear about your Focus. Please PM your VIN, contact info, mileage, dealer location and name, so I can help you with this issue. We don't want your car sitting at the dealership too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Just got off the phone with my local dealership - they've gotten the OK from Ford to repair the blemish on the hood and replace the chipped headlight.

Thanks for the help, Natasha!
Zillon,

I will pass the info on to Natasha. She'll be pleased to hear this!

Noemi

Just saw this and had to jump in! Thanks for the update, Zillon!!

~Natasha

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 12-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #559
goseejoe
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90776
What I Drive: 2012 silver sel

FF Reputation: 1 goseejoe Good Standing Member
trans stinks-it really does.

Hello All,
This is my 3rd post. Car now has 2600 miles on it and still this transmission has not 'broke in'.
Latest issue is this trans not going into 3rd gear and the engine freewheeling.
When it did after a few seconds we were treated to a burnt clutch smell for the next 1/2 hour. I mean this thing really stunk!
At this point my wife(its her car) is telling me to drive this thing over to the Ford store and drop it off. Resort Ford-Hot Springs National Park.
"Well Honey its been there twice already and theres nothing wrong" is my answer.
So Ford if you are reading this please come up with a fix for this transmission before we get killed in this thing pulling out into traffic.
I have absolutely no confidence in this car.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:39 AM   #560
serathe
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89418
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Nissan Versa SL 1.8 CVT

FF Reputation: 1 serathe Good Standing Member
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Just found this gem posted on the ford blog Nov 28 2011 (on youtube since oct)

Anyways. I'm so appreciative to have found this thread & the car was seriously acting up before we purchased it. I'm glad. I'd be more than frustrated and feel bad for those having issues with it.

I've had my Versa for a month and couldn't be happier. May not be as lux, but it's decent and simple more importantly I'm confident in it.

I do wish Ford would back up their product instead of brushing their customers off.

Bookmarks & Social Networks