Are You Truly Happy With Your New Focus? - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-12-2011, 09:28 AM   #71
Skippy905
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84128
What I Drive: 2006 Honda Pilot

FF Reputation: 2 Skippy905 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF4 View Post
Hey Skippy, not sure what forum you're looking at but the new Elantra has similar if not worse issues. Water leaks, engines replace, failed trannys, electrical gremlins, way below EPA mileage, on and on.

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/231-md...1-elantra.html

The Focus community is made up of more enthusiasts, and as such I would expect more passionate discussions here. Hyundai's are more like transportation appliances than an enthusiast's vehicle.

There's nothing scientific about these boards.
Read that thread again, from beginning to end. Not really problems at all (except for one guy). Tranny problems listed aren't really problems (just like most Focus tranny complaints aren't valid).

Considering you start a thread about problems, you get 18 pages of guys saying they had a problem only to find out it really wasn't a problem at all.
Some standard complaints about paint, but that is every manufacturer nowadays due to EPA.

No comparison to the complaints about the Focus quality. I understand your enthusiasts comment, but people will complain about problems no matter what they use their car for. Overall, the thread about problems was not many problems. Now do you think if we had a thread labelled "What problems have you had with your Focus" it would be all minor details like that?

Seems to me like really only 3 real complaints on that thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #72
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyRoo View Post

*science not guaranteed
Agreed! There are always going to be issues with a first year car. I've got 2k on mine and the mileage is awesome, the ride is comfortable, the handling is great, and the shifts are smooth (except first starting out from a dead stop, when some shuddering occurs), and occasional harsh down-shifts when the Tranny realizes that it up-shifted too soon. I think these issues can be addressed easily - someone put in higher octane gas and reported no early shift shudder after doing so, might try that. I get none of that when I use the Select Shift, so I might just use S1 away from stops and pulling out then shift to "D" after she's going a bit. Nice car - I got a "Wednesday Car" BTW 10/19/2011!
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
Old 11-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #73
fociluvr
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 90987
What I Drive: 2012 focus ti hatch

FF Reputation: 1 fociluvr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateyo View Post
Yea, it's a car that I actually look forward to driving in. I wanted a fun stick shift car cause hey, I'm a 21 year old dude. I love the way it handles, and the manual transmission is so smooth and locks into gear in an amazingly satisfying way. If you really want to get the max out of the engine you've got to just hammer the throttle because of the way it's mapped. But once you do you can get up to speed pretty nicely. I've only had the car for 300 miles but I love it. I opted out of the fancier trims and went with all the fancy options. Leather, winter, sunroof. I ended up paying 20k for a car that comes better equipped than a 30k one. I'm sure I'll have to eventually haggle the dealer about rock chips and paint, since I've got a sun roof I've got to watch for those stains everyone is talking about and the rattling headliner. I've already got to take it in for the whistling door mirror. But those are all minor and things the dealer has to fix (idk about the paint though). But it's my first car I've bought with my own money and I wouldn't have anything else.
A se Better equipped then then a ti?lol wishful thinking huh?
2012 Ti SGM Hatch 401a, nav, artic white, handling pkg, winter pkg, exterior pkg, remote start. ordered: Sept 14 order put in: Sept 27 Vin: Oct 25 Sticker: Nov 11 Build date Nov 17th Factory accessories :Nov 1 Nov 17th ETA: week of Dec 5th
Old 11-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #74
sonic blue 12
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 91416
What I Drive: 2012 sonic blue SEL

FF Reputation: 1 sonic blue 12 Good Standing Member
at this point i say no F way...

again at the dealership for 3rd visit last visit lasted 4 days

they reallly don't what the f is wrong

first issue was a bad coil pack

who knows now

driving a new explorer right now....theycan keep that thing for all i care
Old 11-30-2011, 06:42 PM   #75
Gatorgibson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91669
What I Drive: 2012 HB Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Gatorgibson Good Standing Member
LOVE MINE!!! Loaded tit built in Oct. No real issues other than had to reset nav. once.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #76
jcornwall
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88283
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti YB Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jcornwall Good Standing Member
Best car I've ever driven.

I let a friend drive it on the way back from a state park. He has quite strong feelings on Ford's history, but came away saying it was really fun to drive. Much more so than other cars in its segment.

Plus, mine is yellow! It brings a little delight to every car I pass on lonely rural roads.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #77
tmnCA
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91665
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Hatchback SE, Sport

FF Reputation: 0 tmnCA Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Another happy SE Sport hatchback (auto not manual though) owner here - I really love my car!!!

Clearly people with MFT and titanium models have been experiencing more issues than the SE/SEL models, I wonder if there are other patterns as far as reported issues? It would be fun to do some kind of survey (more complex than the forum allows) and create a chart with model>frequent and type of reported issues.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:07 PM   #78
Ninjaserver
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89197
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Ninjaserver Good Standing Member
Nope
Old 11-30-2011, 09:35 PM   #79
MisterH
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89103
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 2 MisterH Good Standing Member
I LOVE my Focus. The only fault that I can find with the car is that it is not emissions compliant in carb states (I don't live in a carb state but I might move back to one at some point). Other than that there are no issues here. The 5 speed manual is great as is My Ford and Sync. If I had to do it all over again I would order another Focus in the same configuration.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:57 AM   #80
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 frosted glass SEL '67 Gal vert.

FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterH View Post
I LOVE my Focus. The only fault that I can find with the car is that it is not emissions compliant in carb states (I don't live in a carb state but I might move back to one at some point). Other than that there are no issues here. The 5 speed manual is great as is My Ford and Sync. If I had to do it all over again I would order another Focus in the same configuration.
All you will need to do if you do move back is have the PCM reprogramed to meet standards. Easy fix. Just not economical for Ford to reprogram all the foci in states that don't need to be compliant, stickers cost way less!

My SEL hatch has been perfect! really enjoy driving it and the interior is so nice with the leather seats. No problems with sync recognizing my ipod or usb. just a great car all around!

Bookmarks & Social Networks