hello houston - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #21
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2009 BMW 335i

Points 35,900, Level 100
Points: 35,900, Level: 100 Points: 35,900, Level: 100 Points: 35,900, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Well, come meet us up at the Dog Track for AutoX this weekend and we can figure a day.

If I don't have anything else to do that day ... gotta ask the wife ... then we can do it Sunday.

-Ray-
Hatch Nation Member: #147

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #22
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 34077
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
my work schedule sucks right now so let me check. what time is the event on suunday?

I take delivery of the car tomorrow so busy day for me as i already have plans to fix up a few things. Clear up the fogged head lights, correct a small sun burn spot on the rear bumper, clean/wash it, oil change, spark plug change, alignment and some detailing at night :) have to take full advantage of my only day off this week hehe.

Ill order the belt, now i saw a few "belt kits" online that include the original belt plus tensioners and stuff

and another kit that has this

http://www.customcarscentral.com/gat...focus-svt.html

which one should i get?
Old 11-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #23
mdgonzo101
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2742
What I Drive: 2002 black zx3

FF Reputation: 13 mdgonzo101 Great Standing Member
Welcome to FF TX. Looking forward to meeting you one day when I can make a meet. I just barely wrapped up my Fofo from months of sitting on the backburner. Can't wait to make a meet.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:13 AM   #24
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Points 35,900, Level 100
Points: 35,900, Level: 100 Points: 35,900, Level: 100 Points: 35,900, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
The Gates Timing belts are great, that's what I replaced my Timing Belt too.

I would also get the kit with a new Idler Pulley and Tensioner ... might as well change those out too.

Plus if you have any other funds, get a new Water Pump, this would be the best time to change it.

-Ray-

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:23 AM   #25
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Points 129,883, Level 100
Points: 129,883, Level: 100 Points: 129,883, Level: 100 Points: 129,883, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 93%
Activity: 93% Activity: 93% Activity: 93%
FF Reputation: 48 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3ss View Post
my work schedule sucks right now so let me check. what time is the event on suunday?

I take delivery of the car tomorrow so busy day for me as i already have plans to fix up a few things. Clear up the fogged head lights, correct a small sun burn spot on the rear bumper, clean/wash it, oil change, spark plug change, alignment and some detailing at night :) have to take full advantage of my only day off this week hehe.

Ill order the belt, now i saw a few "belt kits" online that include the original belt plus tensioners and stuff

and another kit that has this

http://www.customcarscentral.com/gat...focus-svt.html

which one should i get?

Welcome to Houston. Yes we can definitely help you with your belt, just need to align our schedules. I have that blue belt you have in the link it sure is pretty when you open it. Here is the link to my thread I made about mine

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...etty+blue+belt

You may just want to get a black one and save the money cause they don't stay clean and blue. You can look at mine it has some miles on it so it would be a good judge on whether you want to the blue one or not. It's also best to change the water pump out too while we're there. Also like Raymond said you want to get the t-belt tensioner and the idler pulley too. Also some of our cars suffer from t-belt walk, not all but some. To fix this issue you can get a grooved idler pulley from gold coast performance here is the link to that.

http://goldcoastautomotive.com/cgi-b...tive&item=2471

You don't have to get this if you don't want too. I don't have one on my car and my belt doesn't walk. Well it did at first but the belt walk as mainly due to the belt tensioner which I readjusted and now no problems.

Now clutch jobs aren't that hard on FWD cars, just more of a pain. I just put the tranny in my SVT I just got a couple of months ago here is the link to that thread

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...rebuild+thread

I'm not sure if I can make it to the Auto-X this weekend. I have to check my gas situation out and also my friend wants me to help him figure out a way to get a reverse on his dad's trike. I will try to make it to something, it's been too long since I've seen the local crowd. It really has grown quite large since I first joined and it was nobody except Raymond and I.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 12-01-2011, 07:02 AM   #26
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic

you guys are great!

yeah the blue belt was just an example i guess, ill def go with black. Ill get the whole kit then.

any one has a link to a good water pump so i can buy that today as well?

also. Best spark plugs? ngk's? iriduim IX? (ived used these in my gen coupe and M-2zz) motorcraft? (bros focus has these, buts its a normal zx3)
Old 12-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #27
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Points 35,900, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
Motorcraft all the way.

I use the Copper ones, because they have a more consistent power output and don't surge much at all. But you don't have to go with the Copper ones as a daily. But definitely go with the Motorcraft ones ... by the way ... we have several members that work at Tommy Vaughn Ford off of Shepherd and i10 ... they possibly could help you out a bit on cost.

Give them a call, tell them you are Focus guy recommended from TeamFocalize ... should be good to go.

-Ray-

Old 12-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #28
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukaniSVT View Post
Motorcraft all the way.

I use the Copper ones, because they have a more consistent power output and don't surge much at all. But you don't have to go with the Copper ones as a daily. But definitely go with the Motorcraft ones ... by the way ... we have several members that work at Tommy Vaughn Ford off of Shepherd and i10 ... they possibly could help you out a bit on cost.

Give them a call, tell them you are Focus guy recommended from TeamFocalize ... should be good to go.

-Ray-
I owe u guys so much! On my way to get the car, then ill go by the dealer for some parts.

Any names i should look for or just ask anyone?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #29
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic

Btw Tukani, are u a mod or an admin? I need my name changed
Old 12-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #30
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Points 35,900, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
I would ask for either Justin, Travis or Austin ... all 3 are members here.

And yes, I am a Mod on the site ... and I will see if I can change your name.

-Ray-

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.