Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 55 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-30-2011, 08:58 AM   #541
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ok the past two days I've noticed something new. When I have the air on and have it coming out by the vent next to my steering wheel it makes this loud rattling noise. At first I thought it was coming from my steering wheel cause i turned the radio down and it only makes the noise when I'm driving and it gets worse as I go faster and on rougher roads. This morning I noticed it wasnt doing it and I only had the air on feet so I then turned the air on top and it immediately started making the noise so I now know its coming from that side drivers air vent.

Anyone have something similar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #542
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
Interesting ... the clunk clunk noise when I go over a bump or come to a stop happens on my car.
TSBs are simply a repair process for technicians, so you may want to have your dealer inspect your clunking. PM me your info (Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state) so I can assist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
I've sent you a PM with the requested information.
I'm happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
Ok the past two days I've noticed something new. When I have the air on and have it coming out by the vent next to my steering wheel it makes this loud rattling noise. At first I thought it was coming from my steering wheel cause i turned the radio down and it only makes the noise when I'm driving and it gets worse as I go faster and on rougher roads.
When you have your other issues repaired, definitely mention this to your dealer. I'll be responding to your PM in a bit. Thanks!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-30-2011, 04:12 PM   #543
tunedfocuzx3
That Iowa Guy

Fan#: 11992
What I Drive: 02 Sonic Blue Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 13 tunedfocuzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
So I bought my car back in October. 1500 miles in and I'm still having sputtering problems with her around corners, at stop lights and especially in reverse. Took genre in yesterday and they can't replicate the issue. It doesn't happen every day so I can understand but I just wish Ford was a little more proactive.
2002 Focus SVT #3533 - JRSC w/BBK

"Zombie kill of the week?"
Old 11-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #544
Reedleo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92260
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Apple Red SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Reedleo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyNYC View Post
Well today . . . with the Focus Titanium a mere 3 weeks old . . was my day.

The screen went black for about 5 minutes the other day but a couple restarts and it seemed to work.

Today it locked. I tried shutting off, restarting and so forth but with no success.

I called the dealer and, of course (I suspected this after my earlier nightmare with them) their response was "pull the positive cable off am mess with it". I'm struggling to understand the term "factory trained tech".

The car has been sitting in the drive for an hour and the screen is still active.

Can anyone point me to the "master reset" procedure?

Thanks in advance.
I had that problem early on, and eventually (within ~2 hours) it did shut itself down. Took it in and the dealership re-programmed the radio and all has been well since.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #545
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunedfocuzx3 View Post
I just wish Ford was a little more proactive.
I'm not trying to be mean here, so don't take it that way. You be proactive. Work with the car until you can replicate the problem every time. There is no mechanic in the world who can repair something that happens every once in a while. Even if he's the person driving the car. Just like dealers certainly don't want to turn away warranty work. That makes the dealer money, so if they could justify the repair to corporate, then they will surely do it.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #546
tunedfocuzx3
That Iowa Guy

Fan#: 11992
What I Drive: 02 Sonic Blue Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 13 tunedfocuzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
I get what you're saying completely whynotthinkwhynot. By no means do I blame the guys at my dealership, they always help when they can. If the problem isn't there when they drive the car then what could they do? What I'm saying is that of Ford has someone from corporate monitoring people with the same problem on this site, then why not at least send something to the dealerships that do service nationwide, so they at least know that it is an issue. I tried reading through all the pages on here and it seems that once Natasha contacts the dealership the problem gets solved. So why not proactively handle this rather than reactively handle people on this site?
2002 Focus SVT #3533 - JRSC w/BBK

"Zombie kill of the week?"
Old 12-01-2011, 06:07 AM   #547
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
On that note, it's probably the TBW (throttle by wire). I can't begin to explain how much I don't like that, but it's progress- right?

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #548
pistolpt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92354
What I Drive: 2012 Gray Focus

FF Reputation: 1 pistolpt Good Standing Member
Hello,
I am new to this forum as I just purchased a 2012 SEL Automatic Focus in October. Yeah, I have issues with the awkward shifting but I'll get used to it I guess.
I tried reading through all the posts but there are 46 PAGES of them - so here's my issue:

If coasting from 30-50mph, and I then step on the gas, I get a loud intermittent "scratching" sound coming from the engine. Goes off when I step off the gas. Have no idea what it is but sounds bad.

Just wondered if anyone else had a similar issue. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #549
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Its very coincidental that the morning that Natasha sends in something to my Ford dealership they call an hour later saying "oh guess what your part is in" I waited 3 months but my strut bushings are finally here and I think they have been there cause no way did they come in today an hour after Natasha send them something after I complained.

But least they are here now its just making sure it fixes the problems I'm having and I hope hope hope and pray that they agree to apply the transmission TSB cause I fear they will tell me nothing wrong it.

Taking it in today and I'm sure it will be there awhile. If it took 3 days for them to reset my MFT then I can't imagine how long it will take them to fix the page long list of problems I'm gonna give them today. Wish me luck!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #550
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedleo View Post
I had that problem early on, and eventually (within ~2 hours) it did shut itself down. Took it in and the dealership re-programmed the radio and all has been well since.
Great! I'm thrilled that has been resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunedfocuzx3 View Post
What I'm saying is that of Ford has someone from corporate monitoring people with the same problem on this site, then why not at least send something to the dealerships that do service nationwide, so they at least know that it is an issue. I tried reading through all the pages on here and it seems that once Natasha contacts the dealership the problem gets solved. So why not proactively handle this rather than reactively handle people on this site?
Perhaps I can shed a little light on the process. Not every issue has the same cause, or the same resolution. I proactively reach out to posters with continued concerns, and assist however possible. As whynotthinkwhynot said, when it comes to intermittent problems, they need to be duplicated to know how to repair it. The best advice I can give is to take note of the circumstances of when it occurs, as that may help the technicians diagnose it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpt View Post
If coasting from 30-50mph, and I then step on the gas, I get a loud intermittent "scratching" sound coming from the engine. Goes off when I step off the gas. Have no idea what it is but sounds bad.
Hey pistolpt,

Welcome to the forum! I know this thread can be a little overwhelming to sort through. Have you brought your Focus to the dealer for inspection yet? Since you are worried about the sound, that would be the best course of action. Also, please private message me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can help.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
Its very coincidental that the morning that Natasha sends in something to my Ford dealership they call an hour later saying "oh guess what your part is in" I waited 3 months but my strut bushings are finally here and I think they have been there cause no way did they come in today an hour after Natasha send them something after I complained.
Hey, what can I say? When I speak, they listen! Sorry it took so long, but I'm glad they arrived and you're being taken care of. Let me know how it goes!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks