Pro-Clip Phone Mount - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #11
Dethpickle
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86276
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 Dethpickle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macsleuth View Post
Love your setup, might do the same!
You know... there is only one minor issue I have with it. If you have the phone directly connected AND blue-toothed in, the phone needs to pick which audio out it's going to use. There is no ranked preference, just who connected last.

Given how wonky MFT is about starting up, it's really a crap shoot. I would like iOS x+1 to let you rank those options like you can with wifi nets on OSX.

USB gives you graphics on MFT and is a little more responsive. Bluetooth doesn't give you graphics, but allows you to continue using the iPhone screen controls (useful for rewind 30 seconds). So, there are merits to both.

I spend most of my time on an hour one-way commute listening to books. So, I'm looking to charge my phone and being able to occasionally rewind. The ideal way would be to get power from usb and use bluetooth. I initially tried to get a 6" male to female usb cable and cut the data connectors - didn't work. It wouldn't charge. But it looks like someone has commercially solved this: http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer...gy/CBLUSBCS1M/

I haven't gotten this yet, but it looks ideal. I think I'll just wait until my next macsales purchase of a hard drive for my laptop to roll it in for the shipping cost. I hate paying as much in shipping as things cost.

But, ya know. It really isn't a big deal to kick it over to Music and select the appropriate connector - sync or dock connector.

Last edited by Dethpickle; 11-27-2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Me fail english? That's unpossible. I fixed the retardedness I just wrote.

Bookmarks & Social Networks