I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!! - Page 12 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #111
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

Points 1,131, Level 18
Points: 1,131, Level: 18 Points: 1,131, Level: 18 Points: 1,131, Level: 18
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Okay, we now have almost 800 miles on the car and the love affair still goes on. We took a 360 mile road trip (starting with 222 on the odo) and got an average of 38.5 (90% highway, but varying speeds during break-in) - we still had more than 1/4 tank left when we got home, and it said we could drive another 90 miles to E.

Next day, I fueled up and drove almost 40 miles, again 90% highway, traveled at between 67 and 60 mph, and when I pulled into my destination driveway, I was showing 44.9 mpg. I wasn't hyperwheeling but I also didn't lay on it when merging into traffic or changing lanes either - just good responsible (unfun) driving.

Shifts are good, Select Shift is really fun on the 18 miles of curvy road before hitting town, but I did have one moment where, when I accelerated from around 10 or 20 to get around a car partly blocking my lane, the TCD acted like I/it shifted into neutral and revved to about 4,500 rpm - I was in D at the time.

Comfortable, quiet for a small car, neat technology, good sound system, a NICE car.
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe

Last edited by flingwing1969; 11-22-2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Properly insert photo
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2011, 05:35 AM   #112
Pennut
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91326
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE Hatchback

Points 1,430, Level 21
Points: 1,430, Level: 21 Points: 1,430, Level: 21 Points: 1,430, Level: 21
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 5 Pennut Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The Focus really is a great car. Great ride quality. Like a car costing much more. If no one has noticed, it's also pretty wide for it's size. Wider than say, a Chevy Cobalt. Was at the dealers Monday getting the TSB update for my 6 speed auto and a Focus sedan was parked next to a Fusion sedan and the Focus looked almost the same width.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #113
Mutinyofthemind
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91598
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 0 Mutinyofthemind Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by flingwing1969 View Post
Comfortable, quiet for a small car, neat technology, good sound system, a NICE car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennut View Post
If no one has noticed, it's also pretty wide for it's size. Wider than say, a Chevy Cobalt. Was at the dealers Monday getting the TSB update for my 6 speed auto and a Focus sedan was parked next to a Fusion sedan and the Focus looked almost the same width.
Myself, my friends, and my parents are all surprised with how quiet and comfortable the car is. With all the features they pack into it for the price, I actually feel like I got something worth it's value.

The car even drives like it's a full size sedan. I bet it has to do with the rigidity of the frame, the good sized tires (215 on the S/SE/SEL, 235 on the Ti) and the independent suspension setup on the front AND rear.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #114
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
I got my SE auto w/ sport package about a week ago. I love the car so far. It handles great, it has pickup when you want it and it's getting ~36mpg. I already got the eco-champ thing, so I guess I know how to drive it for econ.

Its a fantastic car. Ford finally got it right.

Frankly, between the fiesta and the focus, I think ford has its first two good looking cars since like a 60s mustang.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #115
DaeHanL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90891
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 DaeHanL Good Standing Member
I'm only 153 miles deep, but I have to say I LOVE this car! Great shifting, handling, and feels like a car that costs $10K more. I love the smoothness and effortless highway driving. My bro, cousin, and I went for a ride and it was comfy for everyone. btw I'm 6ft, my bro is 6'1", and cousin is 6'2".

2012 FF5DR SE Sport, 5-Spd, and ALL the 'fixins!
-DaeHan
Old 11-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #116
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennut;
If no one has noticed, it's also pretty wide for it's size
That's the first thing I noticed backing into my parking spot. I was like oh shoot... I like that it is wider though. I hated how my '01 sedan was skinnnny looking. Gives it a better stance that's for sure IMO.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:04 AM   #117
Chewie12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88284
What I Drive: 06 Mustang GT Premium, black

FF Reputation: 4 Chewie12 Good Standing Member

Shes getting old, I just got her in may too.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:10 AM   #118
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

Points 21,697, Level 92
Points: 21,697, Level: 92 Points: 21,697, Level: 92 Points: 21,697, Level: 92
Level Up 35% Completed
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I had my first experience with getting attention from another '12 owner today. I had just gotten into my car, ready to leave the mall parking lot, when I noticed a car pull in to the stall to my left. I looked up, and it was another 2012 Yellow Blaze SE sedan - same wheels too. The passenger and I exhanged a smile and wave, and a little chuckle.
SR#74/SMk3C#17/YBOC#03
Bill M.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #119
Jacci033
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88259
What I Drive: Soon to be 2012 Blue Candy SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Jacci033 Good Standing Member
9600 miles and loving it!!

So, I got my Blue Candy beauty Sept. 9th. I absolutely LOVE driving her!!! I put on about 1000 miles a week for work and she gets better and better... I am completely thrilled with my purchase...
Old 12-02-2011, 12:06 AM   #120
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Well, we went from a 2005 Mercury Mountaineer "luxury" AWD, to the focus...a year ago this would have been a strange move. A loaded SUV to am economy car?? WELL, the new Focus definitely shifts the paradigm!! Driving the Focus feels like driving a German luxury sport sedan!! (I guess it was designed there lol!) But to drive a car like this, assemble right here in Wayne Michigan, all I can say is THATS RIGHT WORLD, be built this!

When my wife wanted to find a more fuel efficient car for her job, I suggested a new Focus...She said "really? a Focus??". Now she wants to drive nothing else!

We didnt even test drive a Cruze, she said it looked bland (It's just how Chevy rolls, IMO) and we even passed up her Dad's Chrysler employee discount, because they dont offer anything interesting that gets more than 25mpg (I SO could have taken a new Charger SRT/8 home tho!).

So yeah, we love the new Focus.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.