My Ford Touch Thread - Page 8 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #71
alsaawolf
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90025
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 alsaawolf Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi everyone. I'm a new Focus Titanium owner (MFT w/Nav) & new to this forum so hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm connecting with an iphone4 (not running to ios5 yet) which appears on the current Ford compatibility list as best overall phone & other than text, it said all features were available including phone contact photo id. I was able to pair my phone & download my contact list but the associated contact's photo id aren't appearing on MFT screen. Has anyone gotten this to work with their iphone4? If so I'd appreciate any info on what I need. Thanks in advance!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2011, 06:20 AM   #72
GT5001
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 48923
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST

Points 503, Level 10
Points: 503, Level: 10 Points: 503, Level: 10 Points: 503, Level: 10
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 GT5001 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicktfocusnut View Post
I empathize with those having serious MFT problems, but maybe I'm just lucky. Although there are intermittent bugs, overall, since the 2.11 update, MFT works very well for me. I have an iPhone 4S with IOS 5 and both the USB connection and the Bluetooth streaming work fine. I get in the car and my iPhone is connected as a phone almost instantly while the Bluetooth connection takes a minute or two. My Audible audiobook starts playing automatically. So I'd have to say that not all "common problems" are common to everyone.
Now even my MFT is not perfect. It hasn't frozen or rebooted even once since I had the dealer install 2.11 almost 2 months ago, but there is the occasional flaw. For instance, when I got in the car to go to church this morning, the phone and bluetooth connected fine and I listened to my audiobook. But...when I got in the car after church, my iPhone connected as a phone instantly, but only half connected to bluetooth. I say "half" because it "looked" like it was connected, but the audio wouldn't play. The next time I get in the car it will most assuredly be ok again.
Sorry for the lengthy post, but hope it's helpful to someone.
My experience has been similar. I wasn't having major problems, mostly a black screen update every couple of days. After doing the update, I only see the update screen occasionally. One "bug" that I need to investigate is when I look at the weather map, it comes up for Austin, Texas, and I'm in Tennessee. When I go to the daily/weekly forecast page and then back to the map, it shows my locality. I will probably do the 2013 update when it comes. Overall, everything has worked very on my Focus, given all of its technology and the fact that it is an all new model.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #73
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012silversel View Post
I got a great call today from Ford Customer Service. He asked me how my MFT system was working since my upgrade and I told him about the minor, but acceptable glitches in my system. He explained the upgrade coming at the end of January and that a USB drive would be mailed to me. For my trouble I was offered a complementary 3 year extended maintenance plan. Not too bad for answering a few questions and being a dedicated Ford customer. Thanks Ford.
Nice! Lucky you! I'd answer some questions as well for that!

Thanks for the update on the update. Nice to have a more specific time frame than "sometime early next year".
Old 11-19-2011, 10:15 PM   #74
Bradkap
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89782
What I Drive: 2012 grey metallic, titanium hatchb

FF Reputation: 1 Bradkap Good Standing Member
Ford telephone rep may have solved my Bluetooth connection issue. She had me "reverse pair" the mft to the phone. Here is how you do it:

1. Go to settings in the main menu
2. Reset to factory settings
3. Hard reset your iPhone
4. Once phone is reset and mft is reset, turn off car, open drivers side door for 30 seconds, the restart everything
5. Go to the pair new Bluetooth device on the mft, but tap add other device in lower right corner
6. Then tap find other in lower left corner
7. When it sees your iPhone enter 1234 on the mft, then enter 1234 on the iPhone and you should be good to go
Old 11-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #75
Macsleuth
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90432
What I Drive: 2012 Stirling Grey Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Macsleuth Good Standing Member
uh oh, after very little issues, MFT doesn't stream music from my iPhone 4 anymore. Wife had the car yesterday. It kept looking for her iPhone. So I removed her phone from devices, then removed mine. Reset my phone. Reset MFT and a rebooted my phone, re-added it. Looks like the phone part is ok, but when I try to stream music, it connects then drops the phone. Guess I will be researching this issue tonight.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #76
Focun Ram
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92114
What I Drive: 2012 Red

FF Reputation: 1 Focun Ram Good Standing Member
Any info on a reboot. Had system back at dealer ship one week after purchase due to synce screen going down. 4 months later in same boat..have something on screen and radio works but will now take any comands. system says it is changing station but in fact does nothing..

Is there a reboot button for this or do I have to sit in dealership again for 4 hours while they reload?
Old 11-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #77
completely_focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86510
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 completely_focused Good Standing Member
Remove fuse 67 (refer to your manual) for a few minutes and then that usually resets the sync system.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #78
paladin732
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88993
What I Drive: 2012 Candy SEL Sedan

Points 489, Level 9
Points: 489, Level: 9 Points: 489, Level: 9 Points: 489, Level: 9
Level Up 78% Completed
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 paladin732 Good Standing Member
I moved this to its own thread...

Last edited by paladin732; 11-28-2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: ...
Old 11-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #79
jade408
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91998
What I Drive: Focus HB Titanium, Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 jade408 Good Standing Member
I just picked up my focus yesterday. So far MFT is hit or miss.

About 10 minutes after driving away, the system wasn't responding to the voice button. It later restarted and updated and resumed functioning.

Today I found that if I left my phone plugged in after shutting of the car and restarting, it would play my music with no audio. I had to unplug and replug in my iphone to get is working again. I have noticed that typing into the screen for navigation is a little flaky. I couldn't get it to find some stores inside the mall.

I don't like that the navigation shuts off as soon as you "arrive" to the destination. I'd prefer to exit myself. I'll continue to investigate and see what happens and if performance improves.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #80
voip-ninja
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87642
What I Drive: 2004 Audi A4 Quattro

FF Reputation: 1 voip-ninja Good Standing Member
Does anyone know when Ford plans on adding AppLink to MyFord Touch? It's mine boggling to me that this is available on the basic Sync system but not on the premium priced MyFord Touch system.

When I found out that MyFord Touch did not have AppLink I delayed my plans to purchase this car.... it's that big of a deal to me.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.