Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 51 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #501
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I will try to tame my language now that this thread seems to be "Rant free".

Tuesday my dealership finally ordered the bearings who can solved the front vibration issue of certain 2012 Focus.Yesterday my car went in the shop and I was told this afternoon that my problem is totally fixed.I havent got the car back yet ,so didn't judged by myself yet.

After 20 week,the dealership staff was happy to see the problem solved.I'm very far from satisfied for many reasons.The first being that the car was bought to use during the summer ,but all plans had to be cancelled.Second because the solution was know by Ford since August but the information was hidden.It was revealed by "sirhawkeye" on this thread but the information wasn't communicated thru the dealerships.

I intend to keep my word and replace the car before the end of the month.I will also cancel my membership here once done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #502
bikerfuzz
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91919
What I Drive: 2010 gray s.e

FF Reputation: 1 bikerfuzz Good Standing Member
tranny

O.k so im real new here. Like the others I have just purchased my 2012 focus se. with sport package. I love it so far. I have experienced the tranny shudder, buty it seems to be stopping . I just hit 1100 miles. and exactley 30 days old. But todaY I Put the car in reverse after starting and the engine light came on. SHIFTED TO DRIVE stepped on gas and it reved like i was in neutral.!! Did it twice then caught a gear, but what seemed like fourth or better. Did i say it only has 11oo miles on it!!. Well light on drove towards home. Stopped at light went to accelerate and NOTHING!!! no gear at alL. NO i SMELL ELECTRICAL/CLUTCH. burning smell. Then car shuts down!!. I didnt see any smoke, gave 10 min then got it to house. After 20 more minutes, She started uo and seemed to run O.K..light still on.. Tow is comming tomorrow to take it to Ditschman ford in flemmington/ Any body have any ideas. I AM NOT HAPPY!!!! that at 1100 miles and 30 days old i stand the prospect of having my engine taken apart.. Its way to new for any of this!!!!! Ford W.T.F
Old 11-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #503
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
My car was delivered this morning.The vibration issue is really fixed,but the door lock problem is still there.Not sure about the rear defrost yet.I clearly asked for a complete copy of the work orders for everything tht was done on the car since the beginning.What I got was a list of my complaints but nothing else.Nothing about the long list of parts and labour installed on the car.

Lets just say that it's nothing to make change my mind.This is and will be my last Ford.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:28 AM   #504
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoc1 View Post
Page 275 of the owners manual says that the car has grade assist My dealer says it does not who is right. I know that on my car it does not work. The grade assist lamp does light during a lamp test
Overdrive cancel and grade assist says "if equipped" on page 15 of the Owner's Guide, so your Focus may not have it. If you would like me to check, PM me your VIN and I'll take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfuzz View Post
But todaY I Put the car in reverse after starting and the engine light came on. SHIFTED TO DRIVE stepped on gas and it reved like i was in neutral.!! Did it twice then caught a gear, but what seemed like fourth or better. Did i say it only has 11oo miles on it!!. Well light on drove towards home. Stopped at light went to accelerate and NOTHING!!! no gear at alL. NO i SMELL ELECTRICAL/CLUTCH. burning smell. Then car shuts down!!. I didnt see any smoke, gave 10 min then got it to house. After 20 more minutes, She started uo and seemed to run O.K..light still on.. Tow is comming tomorrow to take it to Ditschman ford in flemmington/
Hi bikerfuzz,

I know it is upsetting to have concerns on a new vehicle. Please send me a private message with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & include the servicing dealer name/state so I can help.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #505
cardoc1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90592
What I Drive: 2012 titanium 5door

FF Reputation: 1 cardoc1 Good Standing Member
Thanks everyone for the help.You all were right My car does not have grade assist
Old 11-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #506
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
it feels like my car has grade assist. Is there a light or some thing that is suppose to come on?
Old 11-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #507
cardoc1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90592
What I Drive: 2012 titanium 5door

FF Reputation: 1 cardoc1 Good Standing Member
Apparently if the +/- switch works when the shift selector is in D, you have it.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #508
bikerfuzz
Focus Rookie

iM TRYIN TO P.M BUT WONT GO IN
Old 11-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #509
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoc1 View Post
Thanks everyone for the help.You all were right My car does not have grade assist
Ah, thanks for the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
it feels like my car has grade assist. Is there a light or some thing that is suppose to come on?
Yes, the light that looks a car on a downward slope illuminates when the overdrive function of the transmission has been turned off and the grade assist function is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfuzz View Post
iM TRYIN TO P.M BUT WONT GO IN
Hey bikerfuzz,

Got your PM, but it said you aren't accepting replies. I reviewed your situation, and the dealer will be diagnosing your Focus. Your CSM Erika will work with them to best assist, and will follow up with you by 5pm Wednesday.

Thanks for the patience you have shown!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #510
bikerfuzz
Focus Rookie