DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 18 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-16-2011, 10:49 AM   #171
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Time to provide some details

Okay guys, those who've had the update. Some have had it for a while now, we here who are waiting to get it or who have not need some more input on how it's working for you now.

I'm hoping that the DCT's learning hasn't taken the improvements away.

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #172
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird1955 View Post
Okay guys, those who've had the update. Some have had it for a while now, we here who are waiting to get it or who have not need some more input on how it's working for you now.

I'm hoping that the DCT's learning hasn't taken the improvements away.

Joe
I am about 3 to 4 weeks into the update and it got better after the adaptive learning process, When I left the dealership it was better but a little rough (Which I was told it would be). At this point in time I cannot get the trans to misbehave (knocks on wood).

Montana
Old 11-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #173
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
I am about 3 to 4 weeks into the update and it got better after the adaptive learning process, When I left the dealership it was better but a little rough (Which I was told it would be). At this point in time I cannot get the trans to misbehave (knocks on wood).

Montana
Now that's a big smile on my face, can't wait to get mine back!
Old 11-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #174
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Less hair

So, just got a call from my dealer. As we know to do this update requires and IDS update on their end. They've tried to update their computer and wherever they're getting it from is saying that it's not available.

So, my car will not have the TSB update anytime soon.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #175
underbird10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88103
What I Drive: 2014 ST3

FF Reputation: 3 underbird10 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Just my .02 on requesting a driveability TSB fix with your Service Advisor.

Every vehicle I've ever owned has been a Ford or Mercury, so I have about 30 years' experience woking with Ford Service departments in Florida and Georgia. For what that's worth, I've never, ever been told that they would not perform TSB work if I was able to describe what the concern was and it was related to a fix in a TSB. I've used various methods to research the reason for a TSB and made darn sure that at least one of my concerns included the key words in the TSB. Now with the advent of the internet and Forums like this, it's become almost a no-brainer.

Here's what I recommend.

1) Print a copy of the TSB and take it with you. There's a text version on this post somewhere so just do a search and print out the text.

2) Take a highlighter and highlight the issues listed in the TSB that you've experienced.

3) Put some notes at the bottom to describe the conditions you were operating under when you've observed the concerns. (Descriptive phrases like "under WOT acceleration", "at 25 MPH when making a turn and under half-throttle", "at 0% throttle during deceleration", "at cruising speed" really help the tech undertsand what you're feeling and why). Also, probably 70% of the problems people describe are intermittent and not readily reproduced in the shop. Therefore, I usually tell them that I'd prefer that they implement the TSB fix even if they are unable to reproduce the concern at will.

4) Give the TSB to the Service Advisor that writes up your Service Order. Give them a number to reach you if they cannot duplicate your concern.

5) Engage your Service Advisor. Try and develop a good relationship with them. This can lead to them anticipating your needs and they will sometimes even do value-adds for you like a free wash and interior cleaning, oil changes, additional diagnosis for known problems, etc.

6) If you have a bad experience, don't immediately go to the "I'm severely pissed and will make your life a living hell" scenario. That almost never works. I recommend having a civil disagreement and if necessary engage the Service Manager or your salesperson to help mitigate the dispute. I've learned that honey catches more flies than vinegar in this scenario.

7) Finally, if you're still not satisfied, the dealer usually has a QA and Customer Satusfaction Manager that is responsible for ensuring that the dealership receives high marks for customer loyalty and customer experience rankings. This is usually an extension of the marketing and sales department. Engage them if you're still not happy.

Hopefully this strategy will help you address any concerns you may have; if not then you can always go the the scorched-earth scenario as a last resort.

My other rides -2006 Performance White Mustang GT Coupe, 2004 40th Anniversary Edition Mustang Coupe, 2013 Edge Limited
Old 11-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #176
hyronk
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89562
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Hbk Ti 18"

FF Reputation: 1 hyronk Good Standing Member
Quote:
hyronk,

You have any idea what the TSB number was for the strut issue?

You know I don't understand dealers not wanting to even acknowledge that there is a issue and apply the TSB if the concern is valid. They are getting paid for it and I think they are in the business of making money.

Montana
I believe it's 11-11-2. i just dropped my car off for the repair. When it's fixed the TSB will be on the invoice. If it's different, I'll post the update.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #177
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird1955 View Post
So, just got a call from my dealer. As we know to do this update requires and IDS update on their end. They've tried to update their computer and wherever they're getting it from is saying that it's not available.

So, my car will not have the TSB update anytime soon.
LOL, IMO find a different dealer, If they can't find the TSB or the update all the rest of the dealerships have then they most certainly will botch the programming up.

If any other dealer is too far away maybe hit up Natasha and she may be able to guide them in the right path.

Montana
Old 11-17-2011, 07:22 AM   #178
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Have anyone who's had the update really noticed a difference in the tranny? I had mine done yesterday but really don't see a difference....
Old 11-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #179
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
Have anyone who's had the update really noticed a difference in the tranny? I had mine done yesterday but really don't see a difference....
There are several that have posted that are happy after the TSB was applied. There is always a chance that it was not applied as maybe there was not a issue to begin with or your vehicle was not built on or prior to 08/12/2011.

I noticed immediately the higher shift points so if anything you should notice those. Does it say on your Invoice that the TSB was applied?

Montana
Old 11-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #180
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
There are several that have posted that are happy after the TSB was applied. There is always a chance that it was not applied as maybe there was not a issue to begin with or your vehicle was not built on or prior to 08/12/2011.

I noticed immediately the higher shift points so if anything you should notice those. Does it say on your Invoice that the TSB was applied?

Montana
Yes, my car was built before august (june) and i spoke w/ the svc tech and was there when they did the update so i know it's been done. To be fair before it was done i didn't have any issue w/ the tranny so perhaps that's why im not noticing a diff.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->