Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 49 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #481
JPopNC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88327
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium H-back

FF Reputation: 1 JPopNC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackertx-17 View Post
I tried to sell mine- you are obviously a Ford employee. I took it back to the dealer, they would give me 13. I just paid 20. It is all about the dealer, most of them have the same attitude that you bought it, sucker! some dont. Google 2012 focus problems, this site pops up, there seems to be a pattern here.
You paid $20k and they're offering $13k. It's called depreciation and it happens the second you drive it off the lot. Been that way for decades.

This site pops up when you Google 2012 Focus problems because we discuss everything from transmission issues to user training problems. Good group of people here, so share your problems/concerns and maybe we can help you out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #482
cowgrlida
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91012
What I Drive: 2012,Gray, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 cowgrlida Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
All we are going to keep hearing is how this is normal , Here is the deal, According to a larger percentage of members here that own a 2012 Focus they do not have any of these issues yet Ford is electing to deny that a problem may even exist, Ford have you driven anyone's car yet that had these issues? The tech at the dealer verified mine but Ford classifies it as normal (The tech didn't though). If you find it unreasonable that you paid over 20K for a vehicle that has these issues then I would ask that you file a complaint with the NHTSA and I am even supplying a link for you Here. Ford will not listen or do they care what the customer issues are. You heard there is strength in numbers well if nobody files any complaints then we get exactly what we asked for nothing. As of this point in time there are a total of 7 transmission complaints filed with the NHTSA and I know there has to be more out there with this issue than just 7.

Montana
Thanks Montana will file a complaint.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #483
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
There is a way to fix the windows. When I had my MFT rebooted my windows no longer worked.

1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed, then release
the switch.
2. Lift the switch again for one more second.
3. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open, then release
the switch.
4. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.
5. Open the window and try to close it automatically.
6. Reset and repeat procedure if the window does not close
automatically.

Took me a couple tries to get the drivers side to work.
Can I do this all from the driver-side controls?
Old 11-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #484
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
Can I do this all from the driver-side controls?
I did. My passenger and driver sides weren't working and the passenger side fixed on the first try but the drivers took me forever. Ended up working after turning the car off and trying again the next time I cranked it. I did it all from drivers side controls. Good luck
Old 11-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #485
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
Hi Natasha-

The dealer was perplexed. Do you know if express up and down is suppose to work on all four windows? I have followed a TSB to get my Mustang windows working correctly. Is there a TSB on the Focus windows?
Haven't heard of any for windows. The steps chum567 posted are typically for the bounce-back feature, not the one-touch up or down. It will need to be performed on each window. If it works, let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJTX View Post
I picked my car up on Oct 24th and have put 2300 miles on it so far with ZERO major issues. MFT works like a champ, shudder is there on occasion but I have only noticed it in relatively heavy traffic and compare it to slipping the clutch or running at a too low speed for the gear you are in. Not much different than what I do when driving a stick.
Glad your Focus has been relatively trouble-free!

P.S. Try talking nicely to the SYNC lady. It helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgrlida View Post
Thanks Montana will file a complaint.
Hi cowgrlida,

I welcome the opportunity to help before you get to that point. Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state.

I look forward to hearing from you!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 11-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #486
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
For those of you without problems with your 2012 or other Focus- that's great, but please refrain from posting information that's not helping any 2012 owners with problems. That is the subject of this thread. Please think about how you would feel if you had a car that wasn't working right, and someone kept posting- "Well mine is fine, so maybe the problem is you." That might not be what you intend, but just like voice inflection is lost over text on the net- sometimes our intent is taken differently.

We're here to help people, and do our best not to create a hostile environment. Thanks for all your support, and input.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #487
avallia
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91795
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 avallia Good Standing Member
Angry Ford Focus Issues

I had a similar problem that resolved itself in about a 1000 miles. My Focus is less than three months old and has been in for problems 6 separate times. The A/C would alternate between cold and warm air (this took them five 6+ hour visits to figure out why). Now when I recycle the air, I am getting a buzzing noise. They have ordered a motor and now I have to live with the noise until it gets here. I have filed complaints with my dealer and with Ford HQ. No responses or attempts at appeasement. DO NOT buy this car. I have had nothing but problems with it and its not even 3 months old and they simply do not care. As a full time college student, this was a big purchase for me and I could not be more disappointed. Though I am sure Ford does not care, I have talked three people out of purchasing this car. You're welcome.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #488
wolvreen2004
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91798
What I Drive: 2012,black,titaniumfocus

FF Reputation: 1 wolvreen2004 Good Standing Member
my issues

I purchased my titanium focus on 10-18-12 and have been experiencing a lot of the same issues as many of you. While backing up my driveway it shuddered and clunked so hard that I thought I had run over something. I even got out of the car to check. Almost immediatly I felt the trans shudder and returned to my dealer. They showed me the bulletin regarding having to give the car 1000 miles to break in and that this is "normal". Then basically dismissed me and my concerns.

This is not normal for an automatic transmission! Or if it is, then we as consumers should be made aware of this up front and given the option to shop a different model. Ford is obviosly aware enough of the problem to issue the bulletin. These transmissions should not be allowed on the maket as is. If they require breaking in, then do it at the factory and give us credit for a broken in trans on a zero mileage car. I sincerely hope that no one, including all the consumers and all the engineers, think this is normal nor accept anything less than complete satisfaction and a properly functioning safe transmission.

I have also experienced the problem of "my touch" system locking up. it has done so on two seperate occasions and is currently at the dealership to have this concern addressed as well.

My mileage is currently at 1300 miles. I hope that these issues have a real solution as I truly love everything else about the car.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #489
wolvreen2004
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91798
What I Drive: 2012,black,titaniumfocus

FF Reputation: 1 wolvreen2004 Good Standing Member
But about that gearbox--it's the one aspect of this car that has me torn. Focus uses a dual-clutch PowerShift automatic similar to the one found in the Fiesta, and quite frankly, it does some weird stuff. The shuddering disengagement when creeping in traffic is disconcerting. The no-doubt economy-oriented shift program goes into too high a gear too quickly for the engine's torque output. And the full-throttle downshifts when merging into traffic were simply unacceptable--the delay was as much as two seconds before usable power came on line.

Being a true dual-clutch box it does have an advantage, and that's in the pseudo-manual shifting department. Unfortunately, Ford saw fit to only equip the Focus with a small up/downshift button on the gear selector instead of a paddle setup which might have actually made up for quite a few of the shortcomings. In manual mode, the transmission shifted quite nicely, rev-matched well and felt mechanically connected in a way a regular slushbox can never match.

But for the general public, those who don't know why PowerShift has some of the quirks it does, or why a dual-clutch automatic is superior in many ways, I think this automatic is going to be a serious marketing problem for Ford. It simply doesn't feel as refined as a good torque-converter automatic, and the delays in power application and shifting will feel like something's simply not right to most folks. They're definitely not going to spend Fusion money for a Focus that feels wrong.

It's a shame, too. Put the outstanding Aisin five-speed automatic from our long-term Mazda 5 in this thing, and it would instantly be at the top of my C-car list. Even properly done paddles would move it up, but as is, the Focus automatic misses the mark.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...#ixzz1dk2yn1ND
Old 11-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #490
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJTX View Post
Some of these issues are caused by a bad batch of electronics, some are sloppy work on the line but the car is not crap and frankly I get tired of seeing Natasha having to deal with all the negativity without the occasional boost from a positive post.
I'm touched by your support. No need to worry about me, though. I understand it can be upsetting when there are concerns on a new vehicle, so I don't take it personally. The positive posts do make my day, though! Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avallia View Post
I had a similar problem that resolved itself in about a 1000 miles. My Focus is less than three months old and has been in for problems 6 separate times. The A/C would alternate between cold and warm air (this took them five 6+ hour visits to figure out why). Now when I recycle the air, I am getting a buzzing noise. They have ordered a motor and now I have to live with the noise until it gets here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvreen2004 View Post
While backing up my driveway it shuddered and clunked so hard that I thought I had run over something. I even got out of the car to check. Almost immediatly I felt the trans shudder and returned to my dealer. They showed me the bulletin regarding having to give the car 1000 miles to break in and that this is "normal".
Hi avallia & wolvreen2004,

Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can assist with your issues.

As you heard, wolvreen2004, the PowerShift transmission has different sounds and sensations than a basic automatic, which enables it to achieve that fantastic gas mileage. I will work to ease your worries about the shuddering, which is typically resolved by 1k miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
I do have issues with my car and as far as Ford caring they don't. Natasha is here for damage control on Ford's part. Ford stated they take the customer surveys very seriously so I sent back a negative one and no reply (Hmmm must only take positive ones seriously).
Ford realizes the importance of social media, so they created a team to post on various forums, Twitter, and Facebook. It's the best way to proactively reach out to customers. I assure you all surveys are reviewed and taken seriously, and the information is forwarded to the Customer Relationship Manager of the dealership for internal handling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post

See above me, there's thousands of wasted characters that people like Natasha and I are going to have to read through to find people who actually can be helped. I am personally going to have to go back and delete the inappropriate posts as I've had to do in the past including my posts which are not about a 2012 Focus I'm having problems with.

If you think you're making someone's job easier, look at it this way. Now someone is going to have to read through a bunch of comments that are not about a car that is having problems to find the posts made by people who have problems and need help.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to start some sort of anti-depressant therapy if people who don't have problems with their car won't stop posting in a thread for people who do have problems. Do you get my point now? I'll delete non-appropriate material this evening after everyone involved has a chance to read through it.
I'm here to support you in any way possible. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I truly appreciate everything you do for this community!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->