How much did you pay for your SVTF ? - Page 62 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-19-2011, 12:03 AM   #611
bocajwest05
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87926
What I Drive: 2003 Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 bocajwest05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I probably paid a bit much but 6500 for an 03 zx5 svt with 102k on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #612
Wheemer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 90016
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Wheemer Good Standing Member
I just bought my 2002 Sonic Blue SVT with 155,000 kms for $2900

Old 10-09-2011, 12:58 AM   #613
Charles England
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90633
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 Charles England Good Standing Member
I bought my 2003 Pitch Black SVT ZX5, with 72,400 miles from
Reynolds Ford in Norman Oklahoma, on Oct 5th 2011

The car was bought new there and according to the CarFax and
the service manager all of the scheduled maintenance was done there
as well.

The transmission, clutch slave cylinder, and clutch were replaced at
approximately 25,000 miles due to a TSB.

I might have paid a bit more than most of the recent purchases here,
however the previous owner installed a Jackson Racing Supercharger.

The dealer asking price was $10,995

It has the audiophile sound system and the cold weather package and
a sun roof.

I paid $9974, and even got them to include a new set of tires in the deal.

Wow this thing is FAST and it looks great.

The only issues are that I cant get the traction control light to come on. it might be a burned out bulb, or a fuse, I will have to look. I cant find the cord for the block heater, and for some reason the previous owner had 16 in tires and rims on it, so I dont have the 17 in SVT rims, maybe he traded it in with his winter tires/wheel on it.

Chuck England
Old 10-14-2011, 11:31 PM   #614
phibbs87
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81057
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 phibbs87 Good Standing Member
Model:2002 SVTF
Color: Sonic Blue
Miles: 110,000
Mods: Headers & Exhaust
Issues: The Infamous "SVT Fan Resistor" OverHeating issue
Purchase Price:$2000
Purchased: On Wedensday
Old 11-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #615
jose_51323
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85249
What I Drive: 2004 infa-red focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 jose_51323 Good Standing Member
march 2011
tons of upgrades
asking 6500
paid 5700
i sould have gave him less
he beat the shit outa it lol
1500 $ later i am veryy happy1
Old 11-08-2011, 11:38 PM   #616
SuperStockAMX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89501
What I Drive: 2003 Comp Orange EAP SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SuperStockAMX Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Update: OK..this SVT is like a drug! I've already put 5,000 miles on it! Now has Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 225x45x17's (quite, handles, 30,000 mile warranty), Tom's Tune (get it!), new Motorcraft iridium plugs, wires & cap. I also put a short throw shifter from CFM in (love it!).
BMW Z3 took a stab at me off a light today and I clearly had him through 1st & 2nd then I let off. That's the only drag race I've been in. Except a new SS Camaro. He had the jump and I was in 1st. At the top of 2nd I was actually gaining ground and blew it when I missed 3rd. I never miss a gear...except this time I guess.
I had the poly dog-bone mount from CFM. Took it off. With the aluminum flywheel and the mount, it was just too much vibration and noise.
I'm waiting for a shipment on a 67mm TB from CFM.
I've got to get this SVT to the drag strip and see what it will do!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #617
SuperStockAMX
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStockAMX View Post
My first post and first day of ownership :)
I just picked up a 2003 ZX3 SVT EAP in Competition Orange. It's about to hit 100K miles, probably next week. Prior owner was a fanatic on keeping everything OEM as his dad is a Service Manager at a Ford dealership. Basically engine received a partial rebuild with new rings & bearings, belt, etc., at 72K niles. Around 82K it was all new struts. Only non-stock is ClutchMaster Stage III with 7# flywheel and rear bar in the trunk. He got the family rate of $30 per hour and cost + 10% on all parts and still spent around $7K in the last two years! He just replaced the seat heaters a few weeks ago and the air-bag module yesterday.
It drives like a new car. Arizona car, no rust, no damage. It does have vinyl graphics on the sides that looked bad on Craigs List but they grow on you (I just turned 51 the other day), and my wife and kids even said keep them on. Will see after I take it to a body shop for a quote and assurance the paint doesn't come off with them.
This things a blast and I intend on keeping it stock and driving it almost daily.
Paid $5600 for it. I wanted a fun car that gets MPG with a grin and $6K was about my budget. Up until last week, I never really thought about a car like this. Then I calculated I've spent over $5K in fuel this year alone with my '05 Expedition so I pulled the Focus SVT up for research. The more I learned, the more I liked. After looking here at SVT's for sale, I think I did OK.
I do need a new DS fog lamp or bezel. Is that an in-stock item?
I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it here.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

The stripes are reflective and change with the sun light. They always look darker & stand out more in the pictures.
Notice the passenger side view. The sun was reflecting off the garage door and the stripes are less pronounced.

Update: OK..this SVT is like a drug! I've already put 5,000 miles on it! Now has Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 225x45x17's (quite, handles, 30,000 mile warranty), Tom's Tune (get it!), new Motorcraft iridium plugs, wires & coil. I also put a short throw shifter from CFM in (love it!).

BMW Z3 took a stab at me off a light today and I clearly had him through 1st & 2nd then I let off . That's the only drag race I've been in. Except a new SS Camaro. He had the jump and I was in 1st. At the top of 2nd I was actually gaining ground and blew it when I missed 3rd. I never miss a gear...except this time I guess.

I had the poly dog-bone mount from CFM. Took it off. With the aluminum flywheel and the mount, it was just too much vibration and noise.

I'm waiting for a shipment on a 67mm TB from CFM.

I've got to get this SVT to the drag strip and see what it will do!

Last edited by SuperStockAMX; 11-10-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #618
Racerbox77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91184
What I Drive: 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra

FF Reputation: 2 Racerbox77 Good Standing Member
Bought it November 2011. Florida car.
2004 SVT ZX5 EAP with about 75k in Competition Orange
Paid about $8000 plus PO gave me like new winter aluminum rims with winter tires
Car was stock when I got it except for an AEM intake, tint and the Dunlap Drizzera tires that stick like glue. Previous owner was more anal than me and took extremely good care of it. It looks like its brand new in and out.
Mods so far (only had for a week)-
FSWerks tune
Lowered rear 1"
Shortened antenna
Removed counter weight on shifter linkage
Flipped black nylon bushing on shifter linkage
Replaced white plastic bushing on shifter base
Replaced trans fluid with Royal Purple Synchromax
Fog light mod
Hawk Performance brake pads

Only complaint I have is the Recaro seats sit a little too high for me being over 6ft tall.

Weather is crappy here so pics to come...
2004 SVTF ZX5 Competition Orange 1 OF 51 Build #914
1993 Mustang Cobra 1 OF 4993 Run's 10's
Old 11-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #619
SuperStockAMX
Focus Enthusiast

Can you tell me what to expect when changing the trans fluid to the RP SyncroMax? I have no issues with my trans other than the noise due to the aluminum flywheel on my SVTF.
Also, same question with the counter weight removed and bushing on the shift linkage. I have the CFM short throw in the car and do like it; much better feel than the factory shifter. It definetly has a kind of "gate" feel to it going through the gears.

By the sounds of all these recent purchases, sounds like SVTF's are on another wave. I imagine the nicest ones were kept 7-8 years by the original owners, maybe more. How many owners on your '04? I'm third owner on my '03.
And how do you like this SVTF compared to your '03 Cobra?
Old 11-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #620
Racerbox77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91184
What I Drive: 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra

FF Reputation: 2 Racerbox77 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStockAMX View Post
Can you tell me what to expect when changing the trans fluid to the RP SyncroMax? I have no issues with my trans other than the noise due to the aluminum flywheel on my SVTF.
Also, same question with the counter weight removed and bushing on the shift linkage. I have the CFM short throw in the car and do like it; much better feel than the factory shifter. It definetly has a kind of "gate" feel to it going through the gears.

By the sounds of all these recent purchases, sounds like SVTF's are on another wave. I imagine the nicest ones were kept 7-8 years by the original owners, maybe more. How many owners on your '04? I'm third owner on my '03.
And how do you like this SVTF compared to your '03 Cobra?
Well I still have my 93 Cobra. There's really no comparison. They are completely different animals.
As for the RP fluid I'm doing that tonight as it came in the mail today.
The counter weight removal helped with the lack of input from the shifter. It did make it notchier but in a good way. I'm hoping the RP fluid will help with the notchiness. It works great in my Cobra. Also I highly recomend replacing your white bushing.
I'm the third owner of my car and the previous owners did great job keeping it mint.

sent from my EVO 3D
2004 SVTF ZX5 Competition Orange 1 OF 51 Build #914
1993 Mustang Cobra 1 OF 4993 Run's 10's

Bookmarks & Social Networks