2012 Focus Roushcharger!!! - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-09-2011, 11:40 PM   #31
FocusBoy58
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03

Fan#: 38424
What I Drive: 01 Turbo,12 SE,95 Vette 396

FF Reputation: 14 FocusBoy58 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
Intercooler on a intake manifold blower? hmmmmmmm lol think before you post that.. you cant intercooler the forced air of a jackson racing or powerworks. and Im sorry if your not looking to smoke any car that thinks hes hot shit...

I Am...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 01:15 AM   #32
lscrx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 41668
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE hatch 5mt

FF Reputation: 2 lscrx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmylez View Post
You also made a false statement, though. You said a supercharged car "at lower rpms it makes more torque than a comparable turbocharged car." He just posted a dyno showing the opposite. That's what I've been trying to say the whole time.
That is a dyno from a 300+hp Focus RS... doesn't rove my statement false. Compare the torque curve of a 230hp s/c'd 2.0 with that of a 230hp t/c'd 2.0.. and the s/c'd car will have a more linear torqu curve. Personally I wouldn't want more than about 250p in my SE, I don't want to be burning through tires and clutches on a regular basis. My CRX was more fun to drive with 40% moe power than stock than with 200% more power.

Posted via FF Mobile
Old 11-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #33
jrpasmo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2866
What I Drive: 02Focus ZTW, 02Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 5 jrpasmo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscrx View Post
That is a dyno from a 300+hp Focus RS... doesn't rove my statement false. Compare the torque curve of a 230hp s/c'd 2.0 with that of a 230hp t/c'd 2.0.. and the s/c'd car will have a more linear torqu curve. Personally I wouldn't want more than about 250p in my SE, I don't want to be burning through tires and clutches on a regular basis. My CRX was more fun to drive with 40% moe power than stock than with 200% more power.

Posted via FF Mobile
Then check some dyno of stock RS MK1.... that one had 215hp...for example:
RS

vs JRSC w BBK Zetec

stock turbo is always small to build boost fast.....
#4208/4788 Procharged SVT 10PSI : +-270/204 by Focus-Power,
N/A ZTW, 2.2 CRDI AWD Santa Fe MMRacing tuned
Old 11-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #34
..:: sleestak ::..
on thin air

Fan#: 22528
What I Drive: 04 Forester XTi

FF Reputation: 80 ..:: sleestak ::.. Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
The problem with the small Turbo is that while it may spool quickly and start delivering power fast, it will peter out at the top end so you have to pick turbos that fit where you want your power. Chargers just keep delivering all the way through the rpm range and that earns them some merit. I've driven some very twitchy Turbo cars that were fun for a bit but in crappy weather I could see it being a pain.

I don't want anyone to get me wrong here. I love my Turbo forester, but I like superchargers as well. You just have to get to know each one and learn where and how to use it, I think.

Sent from my MB855 using FF Mobile

"Our mother of blessed accelleration, dont fail us now!" -- Elwood Blues
Old 11-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #35
lscrx
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpasmo View Post
RS

vs JRSC w BBK Zetec

Kudos for proving my point!

Posted via FF Mobile
Old 11-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #36
nateyo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88182
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 nateyo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusBoy58 View Post
Intercooler on a intake manifold blower? hmmmmmmm lol think before you post that
Supercharger output -> Cooler -> Intake? It's possible...

Regardless, coolers on superchargers are generally worthless unless you're pushing professional amounts of psi.

+1 to sleestak. That's why the dual turbo is a popular setup, a small one for low end and a big one for the higher powerband... or you could just supercharge. ;)

They're both good methods of forced induction and provide different results. If the demand for a good supercharger is high enough perhaps Roush will provide.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #37
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Why is it everyone thinks Turbos are only for 400-500-10,000 HP , people think if you have 20psi boost that you drive around all the time with 20psi boost , it isnt th case

Superchargers for anything less then about a 4.0 engine are horrid , there worthless as we have seen with about every SC made for the Focus to date , small SC that you have to turn hard to work on small engine crete super high intake air temps , the pw and the jrsc are the worst , I have seen the intake air temps go over 250+ you would never see that with a intercooled turbo at the PSI that the SC is making

YES 100% of the time a turbo built for the same amount of boost a SC is built for will make more HP a TON more TQ and out perform the SC across the rpm range from 2000-7000
I have built a 10psi turbo kit that full spooled at 2800 and carried through 6000 very nicely then falling off and the IAT was about 18 deg higher then out side are , a SC would never do this

If you feel you need a SC for an application then you can do a Turbo that will do what you need even better , just dont put a 25psi turbo on if you need a max of 8-10 psi
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 11-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #38
BigRed03
( o Y o )

Fan#: 32177
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 9 BigRed03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscrx View Post
Kudos for proving my point!

Posted via FF Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpasmo View Post
RS

vs JRSC w BBK Zetec

I would like you, lscrx, to reaaaaallly look at those graphs. the jrsc zetec makes 125-155 wtq from 1000 rpm to 7000 rpm. The other dyno of an mk1 turbo RS zetec focus made 120+ wtq from 1800 rpm and HELD 200+ wtq from 2800 to 5600 (redline) rpm. The turbo car would be more fun to drive (when are you below 2k rpm while driving besides off the line?) and be faster.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #39
lscrx
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed03 View Post
I would like you, lscrx, to reaaaaallly look at those graphs. the jrsc zetec makes 125-155 wtq from 1000 rpm to 7000 rpm. The other dyno of an mk1 turbo RS zetec focus made 120+ wtq from 1800 rpm and HELD 200+ wtq from 2800 to 5600 (redline) rpm. The turbo car would be more fun to drive (when are you below 2k rpm while driving besides off the line?) and be faster.
I, reaaaaallly, looked at them... and the jrsc has a more linear torque curve... which was my point... that most of you seem to have missed.

Posted via FF Mobile
Old 11-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #40
bmylez
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 64637
What I Drive: 2003 350Z Track

FF Reputation: 23 bmylez Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperThreat View Post
Just from my experience

Top fuel dragsters are Supercharged, not turbo'ed. Apparently the right setup from a supercharger makes more power sooner, and a more linear powerband.
And what forced induction kits do all the major companies come out with? What's that? Oh, AMS makes a 1000whp turbo kit for the GTR (because if superchargers were superior, they would do a conversion, right?), Heffner makes twin turbo kits for Gallardos, Vipers, Ferraris, etc etc. What STREET cars hold records for 1 mile speed records? All turbo'd, to my knowledge...
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3 GT - cursed
2003 350Z Track - basically stock, and it runs

Bookmarks & Social Networks