Snow Tires Yes or No - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-09-2011, 05:57 PM   #31
KyleQ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84296
What I Drive: 2008 Focus Coupe 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 3 KyleQ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Haha - I must have quoted it right after she posted..
Torsen T-2/Clutchnet Stage 3
Fidanza 8lb 131 of 2150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #32
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 14 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You should have read what i FIRST posted. then I tossed that out as it WOULD have gotten me banned.
And wrote the second (quoted post) then i decided folks love to group think and getting harrassed over such trivial crap was not worth it so i edited in into the third post still up.

Curious not one person of the 60 who share the underground parking here change to snow tires in Winter. So i can affirm i am not alone in not using Winter Snow tires. This Snow tire thing may be another it depends where you live and what part of town you live in.
Maybe folks with more money that sense love blowing it on snow tires..?
No one around here has to money to throw at them.

To me it is like washing your car. most of the folks here NEVER wash thier car. a few once a month or so. i certainly never washed my prior car once it was more than a few years old. (I am still in the 'honeymoon' phase where i wipe off the car after driving it..)
Some folks have gone crazy just THINKING about not washing thier car (at least as reported in these posts) They happen to live in Suburbs.. And the one car washing freak who did live in the inner city, commented none of his neighbors do so.
Winter tires may be the same sort of thing. I do not know.

One other possibility is the posts are stuffed with Tire Rack employees posting as users to give the impression EVERYONE who lives in any snow area needs to buy snow tires. Certainly would get them more business.. And folks who do not use them at this point at least will not post as it is a snowball chance in Hell of them not getting criticized.. So they would just not post. (though so far two other brave souls have said they do not use snow tires..)

For what ever it is worth...
Old 11-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #33
Joey D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86391
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
Strap on the tinfoil hats, it's a Tire Rack conspiracy man!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #34
e350 coupe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84808
What I Drive: 2010 E-350 Coupe/2012 Titanium Htbk

FF Reputation: 5 e350 coupe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I am perplexed by the personal attacks from one particular poster who makes posts so that I get a copy then edits them to give the appearance of normality to others on this forum. The first one I got was

Dear e350 coupe,

Elizabeth has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Snow Tires Yes or No - in the Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored By Tire Rack forum of Focus Fanatics.

This thread is located at:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...1&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

I'll add to that: (give you something ELSE to be be pissed over besides!)
Like Wisconsin is the biggest drunk driving state in the USA.
Period.
Yep it is. statistics prove it.

I used to drive drunk as a skunk as a teen and 20's 30's plenty of times. Never got stopped. There are still all sorts of drunken driving arrest for fouth fifth etc drunk driving stops around here all the time, some even make it to tenth plus..
EVERYONE here in Wisconsin (except maybe a few little old ladies who ony take the bus anyway, or there drunk hubby drove anyway all the time for them..) did, before the "great save everybody from drunks" started.
So what? All sorts of folks think they are right to 'save' everybody else from SOMETHING.

Feel free the moan about that too...
So are we all happy now? The cop has someone to hate, everybody else can grumble how I was a danger to them and thier children,(thier unborn children, that was a LONG time ago dudes..) How the world may come to an end unless everyone stops doing naughty things... [bootyshak

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Focus Fanatics

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...e9fd1b93898cec

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...n&folderid=all

This was then followed up by todays post which was posted as

Dear e350 coupe,

Elizabeth has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Snow Tires Yes or No - in the Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored By Tire Rack forum of Focus Fanatics.

This thread is located at:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...1&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by KyleQ)---
It seems to be that the people advocating them as a waste of time have never run them. I bought my first set of snow tires for my CSVT in 07' and will never run an all season in the Winter again, the traction was unbelievable. I liked to run Z rated stickies all summer and dedicated snow sluts in the winter, traction is everything.

I got my GF to buy a set of Winter tires for hew new car as well - so is a believer now too, she called me up one morning thanking me for having her get the tires and they just saved her from an accident. Having the ability to stope or turn to avoid an accident is key, it's not just your driving that gets you into an accident...
---End Quote---
Maybe the folks who say they are a waste of time have more skills than others. maybe the have used them and found them to actually BE a waste of time.
Why does your OPINION invaidate others experience?

If you want to say you like using snow tires, that is fine and great. when it gets into 'others who don't are "wrong' foolish whatever' than it gets a little hairy, as i am really ready to tell that so called cop's threatening comments about giving tickets etc and the quoted person to shove it. Seriously.
I give a rat's ass if you do not like my not using snow tires. They are a Goddamn waste of money and a waste of time to me PERIOD.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Focus Fanatics

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...e9fd1b93898cec

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...n&folderid=all

I consider this a safety issue that is important to everyone, and the somewhat younger, maybe unexperienced owners/posters have requested honest input.

It's rather interesting this comment

One other possibility is the posts are stuffed with Tire Rack employees posting as users to give the impression EVERYONE who lives in any snow area needs to buy snow tires. Certainly would get them more business.. And folks who do not use them at this point at least will not post as it is a snowball chance in Hell of them not getting criticized.. So they would just not post. (though so far two other brave souls have said they do not use snow tires..

The only criticism I have seen is from the person making these comments, especially the comments directed to myself.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #35
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Gee...
busted.
[bootyshak
Old 11-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #36
NorthernFocalPoint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89496
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Titanium Focus HB

FF Reputation: 3 NorthernFocalPoint Good Standing Member
So what Elizabeth is saying is that like his attitude towards drunk driving, in 20 years, he'll probably accept that it is better to drive in the winter in Wisconsin with winter tires (not "snow tires") - who knows maybe he'll even drive with hands at 10 and 2 instead of 9 and 3? (Btw, this was a very indirect poke at the discussion between airbags and hand positioning - for the record, I usually alternate between both hands on somewhere between 10 and 2, 9 and 3, eight and 4 and 11 and shifter )

Last edited by NorthernFocalPoint; 11-10-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #37
28HopUp
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85449
What I Drive: 2012 SE 5-door

FF Reputation: 3 28HopUp Good Standing Member
I say if you think you need winter-rated tires and can afford them, then you won't be disappointed. I have them for 2 of our cars; one is RWD and the other is FWD. Having four dedicated winter-rated tires on a car makes a huge difference in my opinion. (no, I don't work for TireRack!)
Old 11-10-2011, 11:44 AM   #38
ElectricAL
Focus Addict

Fan#: 71376
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST

FF Reputation: 2 ElectricAL Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
I say if you think you need winter-rated tires and can afford them, then you won't be disappointed. I have them for 2 of our cars; one is RWD and the other is FWD. Having four dedicated winter-rated tires on a car makes a huge difference in my opinion. (no, I don't work for TireRack!)
Well put amigo, well put. I won't rip on anybody who can't afford 'em and can't make it to work (or home) until the plow comes by. If I were retired or worked from home, maybe I wouldn't need 'em. But I'm SURE glad to have 'em. And Discount Tire does the seasonal swap-out for free... for both my car and my wife's car. And in the case of the wife's car, we only got the All Season tires from Disount and got the winter wheelset from Tire Rack. For a little over $500/ vehicle (but I did shop for bargains) I consider it money very well spent.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #39
miles@tirerack.com
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85510
FF Reputation: 3 miles@tirerack.com Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
One other possibility is the posts are stuffed with Tire Rack employees posting as users to give the impression EVERYONE who lives in any snow area needs to buy snow tires. Certainly would get them more business.. And folks who do not use them at this point at least will not post as it is a snowball chance in Hell of them not getting criticized.. So they would just not post. (though so far two other brave souls have said they do not use snow tires..)
Mwahaha!

Old 11-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #40
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles@tirerack.com View Post
Mwahaha!

((thank you for realizing I was KIDDING.. unlike some others. here..))

Bookmarks & Social Networks