My Ford Touch Thread - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #41
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcornwall View Post
I'm moving house in a couple weeks. Not sure how Ford would know where to send the USB key to.

Dealer for me too.
Hi cornwall. You can update your address here:

https://owner.ford.com/

You can use your SyncMyRide account info to log in if you already have an a SMR.com account.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #42
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

An article with more info on the update.

http://www.dailytech.com/MyFord+Touc...ticle23205.htm
Old 11-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #43
jcornwall
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88283
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti YB Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jcornwall Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
Hi cornwall. You can update your address here:

https://owner.ford.com/

You can use your SyncMyRide account info to log in if you already have an a SMR.com account.
Oh, cool! I see my address in there.

Looking forward to this update!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #44
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Personalizing your Home Screen

Focus MFT Wallpapers

Thanks Justy for the awesome page on wallpapers!!! A great resource to include here on the new MFT thread.

http://focusmftwallpapers.tumblr.com/

http://www.syncmyride.com/own/touch/...ur-home-screen
Old 11-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #45
Sprint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87069
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Sprint Good Standing Member
I wonder why all this thumbdrive stuff when there's the synchmyride do-it-yourself method. I guess that would be an option as well.

Last edited by Sprint; 11-08-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #46
Cross410
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86776
What I Drive: (Ordered) 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Cross410 Good Standing Member
Never mind, I realized the problem. Now I just need to learn how to delete a post.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #47
cappa
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85229
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross410 View Post
I have a question with MFT. I recieved this email

http://syncsupport.ford.com/servlet/...ks=22008788520

But when I got to the update screen, there are no updates available. Does that mean that the update has not been pushed to me yet? Or do I have to run the status checker first?

Good old Ford, no giving us enough info...
It's an e-mail for the 2.11 update. If you've had the 2.11 update installed already that e-mail can be ignored.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #48
pil__
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90074
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 pil__ Good Standing Member
Unhappy

I wanted to give an update on my experience with MFT. I have had 2.11 installed from day 1, though the dealer reinstalled it anyway when I brought it in for service. I've been unable to go more than a few days at at time without encoutering some kind of serious issue. I've stopped using bluetooth music streaming as it was clearly the source of some major problems. I switched first to an MP3 player in USB MSC mode. When I had problems with that, I bought a basic 16GB USB thumb drive and tried that instead. Still have numerous problems with it ranging from complete freeze to 10 second freezes between tracks to album art disappearing.

My dealer claimed they had opened a ticket or something with Ford and were waiting for a response. That was back in mid-October. Never heard from them again. I contacted the in-vehicle team on this forum and after one useless response they never followed up. I finally escalated the issues to Ford earlier this week and provided a list of 22 issues I've seen, which in the meantime just keeps growing. Was told the dealer would be in touch with me, but I heard nothing. I got response from the representative quoting a tech which gave some general comments about bluetooth not working and the navigation system being revamped in the next release. None of it actually addressed the specific issues I have.

The biggest complaint I have now is the complete lack of support. Ford has basically told me they won't fix anything and won't even try to do anything about the issues I'm having until the update sometime in Q1. They've offered no workarounds, no suggestions other than things like 'don't use usb music'. Well, I started using that because the bluetooth streaming doesn't work. They didn't offer to replace the APIM (not that I expect it to make a difference). They are also quick to blame the user components (usb device, phone), even though my phone is listed as the best for music streaming, and there is nothing special about my usb device. Finally, when I asked what Ford will do if I still have issues after the update, they had no answer.

The only compensation Ford has offered so far is a premium maintenance plan, which I can imagine probably won't cost them anything since I may well not have the car long enough to use it.

Does anyone know if anyone has successfully pursued a lemon-law case for MFT problems? I was hopeful that the new update will solve things, but the approach Ford is taking for the existing issues (ignore them) leaves me without much hope.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #49
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
pil___, sorry to hear that.

In regard of using the USB drive, is it FAT32 or NTFS formated ?
I did have a problem with my iPod 3G - bluetooth streaming music on the new iOS5 get me to a nice black screen next day I start the car. So I stopped using iPod and bluetooth streaming. I just got today a new update on the iPod (5.0.1) and I will test again. I never had a single problem with bluetooth connection on my cell phone though, so I do suspect the problem is iPod/iPhone bluetooth compatibility with MFT. There is no such thing "compatible to everything", so don't think everything you'll throw at MFT will work like a charm.

It is also true that, when we talk about complex OS or computer programs, there is nothing much to do to adress a situation before an update/patch is ready to be installed. The same thing is with the MFT, I think. The same goes to iOS too - which was so shitty after the major change to iOS 5 version. I had to live with those bugs until they put on the market a new update : 5.0.1. And I am not sure they will address all of the bugs (the most annoying being the applications that freeze and crush when you expect less).

So, my advice for you would be : hang on, in a few weeks maybe all the problems you are having now will be solved. I don't think a Lemon law will take into consideration an "optional" to address your issues. But maybe I am wrong.
---------changed for--------------
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1
Old 11-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #50
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 frosted glass SEL '67 Gal vert.

FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
It sounds like Ford is telling you that the fix to your problems is tied into the whole reprograming of MFT. That, sadly, takes time to do and any "fixes" meanwhile will net you more problems anyhow, so I'd suggest you hold tight until then and if that doesn't work pursue a case. Programing a system like MFT to work across a slew of platforms isn't easy and to safeguard against faulty data in theirs and other devices is a big challenge. Better Ford takes time and risks your and others anger than to hurry with a quick fix (2.11) and loose more with bad service. The plan is a good option even if it doesn't do a lot for you right now. Can't hurt anyway. Ford IS doing something about it. Look at MS Vista, that was a huge mess for a long time until they finally got it straightened. Same goes for MFT, when it is fixed it will be great, you just need to be a bit more patient. BIG doesn't mean they can do everything for everyone.
It doesn't lessen your frustration for a system that should have worked right the first time but there it is, life will go on and when it is fixed you will be happy. Why ruin your reputation with your dealer and sour your opinion on Ford over a computer system that is really a convenience? They will get it right in time. All the luck and I hope you get a good result with all your issues.

Bookmarks & Social Networks