Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 45 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #441
rcadd1ct
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88500
What I Drive: 2013, Silver Focus Ti HB

FF Reputation: 1 rcadd1ct Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Different car, but my SO had her Fiesta reflashed last week and it did help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #442
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by likethekicker View Post
I purchased my 2012 Focus SE in May. It currently has 11K miles on it and the lag has subsided but is not entirely gone. It tends to lag from a dead stop and also low MPH to a quick acceleration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Gonsalves View Post
I also have a 2012 Focus 5-door SEL with under 1000 miles. The tranmission shudders during 1st gear acceleration; feels like its slipping.
Hi likethekicker & Cheryl,

Shifting smooths out as the clutch breaks in, so your concerns may resolve themselves. You may want to bring it to the dealer for inspection. Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can assist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
Mine was built on 08/11/2011 so I had the TSB performed. Anything built after 08/12/2011 should not have some of the issues that the prior vehicles had.
Just replied to your other thread, but keep me posted on your shifting as well if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcadd1ct View Post
Different car, but my SO had her Fiesta reflashed last week and it did help.
Thanks for the update on her Fiesta.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #443
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Finally get some good news ,well kinda(I take all good news with a grain of salt after all the BS I got in the past months).After 18 weeks Ford is only a few days away of releasing a TSB for the front vibration issue.The problem is apparently a bad batch of bearing and Ford fixed that by changing supplier.But here's the joke! 3 months ago this information was release on this board,this thread,by sirhawkeye(post #124).If this turns out to be true and really fix my vibration problem,this means that some engineers really had a party in the past 3 months while I canned my summer vacation because of these idiots!!!

The only real good new is that I will get the 6yrs Premium Plus extended warranty that should help me resale that piece of crap for a better price.I'm not getting my hopes too high,but will be happy when this car will be someone else problem and I'll be the proud owner of a 2012 Mazda3 or Elantra.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #444
ssn666hawkbill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12657
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Blue candy

FF Reputation: 0 ssn666hawkbill Newbie
i feel your pain, I am so sick of my focus and FoMoCo and Ford dealers.... Looked at a 2012 Subaru WRX Si limited.... time to go elsewhere after this ordeal... Drive, shudders like crazy, Sport select mode shifts automatically sometimes so sometime I double shift and i die in the street.... Even after the recalibration.... pretty sad profits outweighs people safety
Old 11-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #445
jjessop
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91332
What I Drive: 2012 White se sedan

FF Reputation: 1 jjessop Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
BIG SURPRISE !!!ANOTHER FU.....IN PROBLEM WITH THE CAR!!!

This morning was the first time I had frosted windows on my car.I start the car and put the heater on defrost for the windshield.I got out and scraped my windows and noticed that the rear window defrost was working.I didn't remembered putting it on and checked the botton and it was really off.Not sure if it's working all the time or the switch is upside down but I never seen that before.

Has anyone else got the same problem??
My wife's 2012 SE is 2 weeks old and we just made note that the rear defroster is almost useless and we live in California. Takes 20 times longer than my 94 Integra to clear a rear window in the Bay Area.

Considering the clanking transmission, grinding noises on light acceleration with the hesitation, wind noise, and my favorite the can't drive straight on the freeway syndrome it's the least of our problems.

We are at 541 miles and I get more frustrated with every mile. Luckily it's only a 27 month lease if things don't get better.

I'm truly shocked to state I regret the purchase after only 2 weeks :(

Jerry
Old 11-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #446
texas75218
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90127
What I Drive: 2012 frosted glass

FF Reputation: 1 texas75218 Good Standing Member
Unhappy Same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjessop View Post
My wife's 2012 SE is 2 weeks old and we just made note that the rear defroster is almost useless and we live in California. Takes 20 times longer than my 94 Integra to clear a rear window in the Bay Area.

Considering the clanking transmission, grinding noises on light acceleration with the hesitation, wind noise, and my favorite the can't drive straight on the freeway syndrome it's the least of our problems.

We are at 541 miles and I get more frustrated with every mile. Luckily it's only a 27 month lease if things don't get better.

I'm truly shocked to state I regret the purchase after only 2 weeks :(

Jerry
We have mulitple issues also but for now we just want the steering issue fixed because it is unsafe to drive at hwy speeds. Customer service here has been more than useless. We have been waiting 5 weeks for parts and now told it will be another month. Ford deams this perferctly acceptable. Buy a new car and they dont care if you cant drive it just as long as they sucker you in to buy it.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #447
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjessop View Post
Hey Jerry,

I'll be replying to your PM shortly so we can work on restoring your satisfaction. Thanks for your patience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas75218 View Post
We have mulitple issues also but for now we just want the steering issue fixed because it is unsafe to drive at hwy speeds.
I received your PM with a VIN, but it is from an unsold vehicle at a different dealership. Should you decide to take me up on my offer of assistance, I will need the VIN from your Focus.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-04-2011, 11:34 PM   #448
Seldomseenkid
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89757
What I Drive: Ford Focus SE 2012 Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Seldomseenkid Good Standing Member
Jellman123, Natasha from Ford customer service told to wait for the car to get used to my driving habits, i was patient and waited till it hit 3000 clicks.

After 3000 clicks problems was still there, not better not worse but still there. I had the car serviced 2 weeks ago as per again Natasha's recommendation......result= STILL THE SAME ISSUE with the transmission.

Natasha, seriously how long are we to be patient, i miss work time everytime i go to the dealership not to mention it's a waste of my time. If i wanted to go to the garage everytime i would have kept my old 2004 Focus instead..i'm seriously discouraged by all this. :-(
Old 11-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #449
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Here's the funny part of the Powershift transmission.Ford official response on it,is :"It's bulletproof,it's here to stay and the only problem is that people just don't understand it!".
The reality is that it's not only a dozen people who complain.Car critics who drove other cars with double clutch tranny all agree that the Ford Powershift is pretty bad.Even those who on the first drive thought of it as not that bad and considered it as "Car of the year" are having second thoughts after a longer driving period.

Ultimately the fate of this transmission rest in the consumers hands.If we don't buy it,Ford will stop making it.The joke is that in a few years the transmission will now be flawless,but the bad reputation will simply kill it.Ford is well aware of that and this is why the 8 speed transmission will be available in a near future.

This is not the first time we see this.A decade ago someone decided that the CVT was the way to go and most car manufacturers jumped in band wagon.While some CVT were good, most of them were crap and consumers didn't trust them and didn't like the feeling of a shiftless transmission.Some manufacturers added some fake gears to give it the feeling of a real auto trans but people simply didn't bought them.Today the CVT is only sold by a few car manifacturers in cars made more for economy than performance.

In conclusion,Ford can say what they want about the powershift transmission but the final word belongs to us.If we don't like it we can simply buy something else.It's not like the Focus was the only car on the market.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #450
elrosser
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91515
What I Drive: 2012 Mettalic Gray Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 elrosser Good Standing Member
Hi I bought my 2012 Ford Focus SE back in June and I notice the shuddering as if it will stall. Brought it back to the dealer and as the others were told it would get better in time. Now it's November with close to 3,000 miles and it hasn't changed at all with stop and go traffic I feel it the most. I also experience the rollback as well. After reading all the post I will take it to the dealer again and again until we are heard. This isn't going away I can't afford to let this go.

Bookmarks & Social Networks