My Ford Touch Thread - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #21
Bradkap
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89782
What I Drive: 2012 grey metallic, titanium hatchb

FF Reputation: 1 Bradkap Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Have to reflash mft after 45 days :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 12:24 AM   #22
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
Question: Are you using the 2.10 version of MFT? Or did you upgrade to 2.11 .... because I also havn't had issues like some people with NAV and MFT and still have ver2.10 MFT.

Was thinking about doing the upgrade to 2.11 MFT soon but still deciding if it's the right move.
Until the software rebuild of MFT comes out in 2012 I would use the old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" - in other words, if it works for you, id leave it alone.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #23
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
Thanks! ... I agree totally ... "If it's not broke, Don't fix it" and when a major upgrade comes then I'll consider it.
I hardly use my MFT in excess, a.k.a. I don't even touch it (just play music) and it will randomly freeze up when on iPod mode per say. lol. Just happened twice, but still.

-I use the whole SYNC my iTunes, too.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #24
Bradkap
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

iPhone 4S

anyone having problems with the MFS holding the bluetooth connection to an iPhone 4S. Mine connects and then disconnects after 3-4 minutes. Now it will not connect at all.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #25
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradkap View Post
anyone having problems with the MFS holding the bluetooth connection to an iPhone 4S. Mine connects and then disconnects after 3-4 minutes. Now it will not connect at all.
It seems that another one here has the same problem. Test with another phone though. It is maybe an iPhone 4S bluetooth problem.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:51 AM   #26
justy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85598
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Plat White HB!

FF Reputation: 1 justy Good Standing Member
Quote:
it's been happening to my iPhone 4 lately...

Also...does anyone know a way to get it to play Podcasts in order? it seems to try and play the most recent ones first instead of the oldest ones first.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #27
Bradkap
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Tested it with an iPhone 4, worked with no problems. Everyone reading this, send an email to ford sync and tell them to fix the issue otherwise they will not know about it.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #28
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Tested it with an iPhone 4, worked with no problems. Everyone reading this, send an email to ford sync and tell them to fix the issue otherwise they will not know about it.
So Bluetooth works fine for your iPhone 4 but not 4S? I paired my friends 4S and it worked fine, but I didn't try it over several days.

You can try reverse pairing.

Or I'd delete all the phones, do a reset of MFT and a hard reset of the phone and do a clean pairing, or a clean reverse pairing. After your phonebook has transferred turn Off the auto phonebook download feature.

I cut and pasted some of the Syncmyride Tips for Phones

http://origin.syncmyride.com/Own/Mod...gSyncTips.aspx

Try a Clean pairing

If you're having trouble pairing your mobile phone with SYNC, try a Clean pairing of your mobile phone with SYNC. Check your mobile phone for Bluetooth settings. Is SYNC listed? It may be listed under Hands-free Devices. Delete the SYNC listing.

Then check the Phone Menu on SYNC for Bluetooth Devices. If your mobile phone appears, delete its listing.

When both devices are clean of any prior connections, then try pairing your mobile phone to SYNC.

Try re-setting your mobile phone

If you're having trouble pairing your mobile phone with SYNC, try re-setting your mobile phone. Please follow your mobile phone directions for safely re-setting it.

Check Security and Auto Accept Settings

Your mobile phone may have Security Settings or an Auto Accept function that may interfere with pairing and connecting your mobile phone with SYNC. Check your mobile phone instructions to be sure the settings are not disabling your mobile phone's connection to SYNC.

Turn OFF Auto Phonebook Download

Try turning OFF the Auto Phonebook Download feature on SYNC. If this feature is ON, each time you connect your mobile phone with SYNC, the system searches for updates. Turning this feature OFF can help stabilize the connection with SYNC. You can choose to manually update your phonebook with SYNC through the Phone Menu.

Remove special ringtones and pictures

If you have problems calling or receiving calls from one or a few contacts, it may be due to a ringtone or picture that is associated with the contact. If this is the case, follow your mobile phone instructions for removing an associated ringtone or picture with that contact. Then try downloading your phonebook to SYNC, again.

Increase the volume

If the volume on SYNC is low when you are using your mobile phone, try turning up the volume on your mobile phone-while it is connected to SYNC. Many mobile phones have a dedicated volume control for Bluetooth-hands-free devices, which will also control the volume when it is connected to SYNC.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #29
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by justy View Post
it's been happening to my iPhone 4 lately...

Also...does anyone know a way to get it to play Podcasts in order? it seems to try and play the most recent ones first instead of the oldest ones first.
Hi Justy how is Shimmer? Any new photos?

Did anything change around the time BT started to drop? Did it start after an iOS 5 upgrade? Any new BT devices nearby?

I'd try deleting the phone, resets, re-pair, turn off the Auto Phone Book and if that doesn't work, try the reverse pair.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #30
justy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85598
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Plat White HB!

FF Reputation: 1 justy Good Standing Member
Hey! No new photos of shimmer to report! We just got some snow so I may do some wintery shots once we get a bit more. :D

It definitely didn't happen before so it very well could have been since iOS 5 was installed....I'll give some of those suggestions a try.

Bookmarks & Social Networks