Joining the Army - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Off-Topic Discussions > Military Fanatics

Military Fanatics A place dedicated to our members in uniform. Here you can hang out, share stories as well as keep us updated with day-to-day activities.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #31
SWEGER
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88926
What I Drive: 2003 Infra-Red ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SWEGER Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwalk3 View Post
Baumholder. About 20-25 minutes from Ramstein.
I made it from the back gate of Vogelweh to the main gate at Baumholder in 13 minutes in my 2006 Civic Si...I was young and dumb but it was sure was fun

"If guns cause violence, then all of mine are defective" - Ted Nugent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 07:24 AM   #32
SWEGER
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88926
What I Drive: 2003 Infra-Red ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SWEGER Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Sounds like someone had a bad experience...care to share with the rest of the class?

"If guns cause violence, then all of mine are defective" - Ted Nugent
Old 11-03-2011, 01:22 AM   #33
jmiller_1974
Flipping Rockstar

Fan#: 57165
What I Drive: Black 02 SVT #2998

FF Reputation: 28 jmiller_1974 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
So fear of becoming homeless and getting a few dings is enough to have You dissuade others from becoming a Soldier? Sorry to hear that, but the US Military is not for Everyone. I for one will take the bruises, broken bones and sand in places I may never fully discover to do what I feel is the duty of every able-bodied(and of sound mind) American who has even once looked upon Our flag and felt pride well up in their chest. Of course that Is just My ever-so-humble opinion, take it with a grain of salt. This is the Internet, after all.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:42 AM   #34
jmiller_1974
Flipping Rockstar

Fan#: 57165
What I Drive: Black 02 SVT #2998

FF Reputation: 28 jmiller_1974 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTINFANTILLERY View Post
Cool story bro.
Haha, I see what You did there.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:31 AM   #35
Missourileo
Captain Retard

Fan#: 55980
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT ZX3,93 SVT Lightning

Points 5,172, Level 46
Points: 5,172, Level: 46 Points: 5,172, Level: 46 Points: 5,172, Level: 46
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 20 Missourileo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTINFANTILLERY View Post
Check out the the amount of homeless are veterans.
Most the homeless- if we'd talk to them- were airborne spec. forces etc.
Don't know where you got your numbers from , but you are dead wrong. I work for the Dept of Veteran's Affairs and yes, there are homeless vets. But not as many as you think. The VA offers housing, voc rehab, job placement and free medical to any and all homeless vets. I see people all the time on the street, with signs that read " Homeless vet, please help"..........I stop and give them a business card and tell them about the VA, they go the other way. Most of these folks aren't even veterans, just moochers. Have you went and applied for disability with the VA for your "Banged up bones", didn't think so. Before you feel all abandoned by Uncle Sam, maybe you should open your eyes and see what is available to you. Not being a hater, just living in reality here.
Midwest crew #36
Hatch Nation#50
January 2010 ROTM
Old 11-03-2011, 07:32 AM   #36
scoutout
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88324
What I Drive: 2002 black ford focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 scoutout Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
well good luck man. i was a 15r(apache mechanic) joining the military was the best choice i have ever made.now im a 19d(cav scout) for the texas army national guard.theres lots of ups and downs.my basic was a joke i went to relaxn jackson and my ait suxed it was so long like 28weeks.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:29 AM   #37
Missourileo
Captain Retard

Fan#: 55980
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT ZX3,93 SVT Lightning

Points 5,172, Level 46
Points: 5,172, Level: 46 Points: 5,172, Level: 46 Points: 5,172, Level: 46
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 20 Missourileo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Let's be honest here..............no one promised you anything, ever. If you are having problems getting disability compensation, then join the long line. Everyone voted for change, well, they got it. With the defense budget getting cut like crazy, this is what happens. You will receive your disability, it will just take a while for all the paperwork to go through. If you're in a big hurry, call your state reps, they can speed things up.
One of the biggest problems with VA disability claims are the amount of BS claims that are submitted, slowing down the process for folks who actually need it. A lot of folks are claiming PTSD for being in a war.......although they were in the rear with the gear and really didn't do anything involving bodies or bullets. Yet, they claim it messed up their head. This is your competition. Another issue is folks that sit on their asses waiting for disability to come in, making excuses for why they can't become productive members of society. This adds to the media hype, which in turn sways opinions on the Hill, where it counts. Have you went to the VA for medical treatment? Have you thought about volunteering some of your time to help others? Have you spoken nice about your VA to anyone? Have you tried to walk in your VA and ask about benefits, or asked about getting a benefit booklet?

To the OP, sorry to thread jack. I support you in your decision, whatever it may be.
Midwest crew #36
Hatch Nation#50
January 2010 ROTM
Old 11-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #38
edingeek
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1152
What I Drive: 03 SVTf & 00 Xploder AWD 5.0

FF Reputation: 4 edingeek Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missourileo View Post
Let's be honest here..............no one promised you anything, ever. If you are having problems getting disability compensation, then join the long line. Everyone voted for change, well, they got it. With the defense budget getting cut like crazy, this is what happens. You will receive your disability, it will just take a while for all the paperwork to go through. If you're in a big hurry, call your state reps, they can speed things up.
One of the biggest problems with VA disability claims are the amount of BS claims that are submitted, slowing down the process for folks who actually need it. A lot of folks are claiming PTSD for being in a war.......although they were in the rear with the gear and really didn't do anything involving bodies or bullets. Yet, they claim it messed up their head. This is your competition. Another issue is folks that sit on their asses waiting for disability to come in, making excuses for why they can't become productive members of society. This adds to the media hype, which in turn sways opinions on the Hill, where it counts. Have you went to the VA for medical treatment? Have you thought about volunteering some of your time to help others? Have you spoken nice about your VA to anyone? Have you tried to walk in your VA and ask about benefits, or asked about getting a benefit booklet?

To the OP, sorry to thread jack. I support you in your decision, whatever it may be.
So true about the bogus claims.. My wife's ex husband drops bogus claim after bogus claim and his ass was NG working on planes trying to claim PTSD and a million others things.. Says he can't work and shit but has no issues running around on hunting trips and what not, lol. I feel bad for ppl with real problems being slowed down because of idiots like that :-/
Old 01-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #39
army94e
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93495
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 army94e Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Been in 4 years, Never really did my job, but worked with some amazing people and have been to some really cool places. I was so psyched to go to basic and all that and its true, the military isn't for everyone. I love what I do and what I stand for, but the civilian life is for me. I get out in October and I can't wait to not do CQ or Funeral Detail, or any of the other extra crap anymore lol. To all the careerists, HOOAH

Bookmarks & Social Networks