I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!! - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #51
Creamsicle
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91108
What I Drive: 2012 Ti hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Creamsicle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsp_53 View Post
Which color did you want?
Sterling grey, ideally. I think the candy red would have been okay too. Even black (nice Darth Vader look up front). I added tinting last Friday and that helps. Also plan to paint the calipers red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsp_53 View Post
I've been dragging my feet switching over to mine. The 17" 50's are just so much darn fun zipping around. I'll assume that you especially like the snows because they give a smoother ride? If so, is your FF still somewhat responsive in handling?

I switched from the stock summer Michelin 235/40VR18s to all-season Kumhos after the first 500 miles and noticed no appreciable loss in handling. I plan to sell the Michelins next springtime when guys are getting ready to put summer tires on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #52
completely_focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86510
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 completely_focused Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
Clarification - When I said full volume, I meant as high as it would go before distortion which I believe was 7 out of 10 tics.
If you like your music loud and tend to crank it up you have to adjust the EQ for that volume level; then there is no distortion at full volume. Overall, I'm very impressed with the Sony system. The regular FM stations tend to be louder so that source will require a change in the EQ settings again. I usually listen to mp3's or Sirius.

Much love for the focus.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #53
sydtron
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 91386
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 sydtron Good Standing Member
Despite my horn fun/window switch fun, loving it. Unfortunately I've never bought a new car that didn't have 2-3 recalls after buying it so look for them. MFT is taking some getting used to but I've had no issues with it yet that aren't subjective/fixable.

Utterly floored that Ford put together a chassis and interior to match. Too bad that it's DCT only on Titanium, but in S mode it feels a little closer to the overall personality of the car. Leaves room for fun when you're ready to kill some of the efficiency.

My previous car was very quiet as well, but the Focus is about as quiet or possibly more quiet. Especially the moonroof -- the sunshade I would have to leave closed on my Subaru but no issues with it closed or open and wind noise on the Focus.

Paint is immaculate. Time will tell on durability but with essentially no orange peel I'll almost write off if it chips away to bare steel over time. I can't think of a single other time Ford has put so much effort into paint.

Seats are welcomely bolstered and artificially elevates how sporty the car feels. Headroom/legroom is plentiful even at my height (just don't sit behind me...an issue with most cars) and the boot has plenty of room for a car in the C segment.

Only aggravations right now are small -- the turn signal stalk with the "3 blink" mode makes it feel a bit flimsy, the light controls are too tucked away if you choose not to use automatic controls, limited/non-existent storage areas up front and the shifter could probably stand to be a little bit more communicative feeling in which gear selection you move it in.

Nitpicky:
12V outlet is in an odd place and emblazoned with "12V", sunshades flimsy feeling compared to the rest of the interior, subwoofer in boot takes up a bit too much space, no center dome light, headrests won't cant forward as much as I'd like, awkward moonroof controls and I can't carry on conversations with MFT as I can with Siri. Integrate it, Ford/Apple, so we can always have a passenger to talk to.

oh, and, for what it is worth the build date on the car is somewhere around early/mid-October. Given how much I read, this could be why I've had no real major issues.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #54
DaeHanL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90891
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 DaeHanL Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydtron View Post
I can't carry on conversations with MFT as I can with Siri. Integrate it, Ford/Apple, so we can always have a passenger to talk to.
that's what friends are for...
Old 11-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #55
sydtron
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 91386
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 sydtron Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaeHanL View Post
that's what friends are for...
As much as I try, I can't convince my friends to commute with me to my job to carry on conversation.

Honestly, though, I came from nearly the opposite car: '10 Subaru Legacy GT. Turbocharged, AWD and as big as a house inside and out. I lost a hair over 100hp, a manual transmission and gobs of traction. Despite that, it's still as fun or more fun to drive so far even on sub-par allseason tires. Couldn't be more pleased. Also, Geico offered me an extended warranty far, far cheaper than Ford did
Old 11-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #56
SimonSellsAustin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90594
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE hatch.

FF Reputation: 2 SimonSellsAustin Good Standing Member
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Walk around[/QUOTE]
This is the best walk around I've seen yet.. It's on a fully loaded Titanium.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #57
jcornwall
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88283
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti YB Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jcornwall Good Standing Member
Loving mine.

It's almost perfect except for two things. MFT doesn't like either of my USB sticks - rather, it liked one for a couple of days and told me it was unsupported ever since.

And sometimes when I use IA to unlock the driver's door (by holding the handle and black square), it chrips as though I was trying to confirm it was locked. I've actually no idea how it would know whether I wanted to unlock or confirm it was locked! It gets it right most of the time.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #58
DaeHanL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90891
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 DaeHanL Good Standing Member
all those features on that video, and no SUNROOF?!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #59
FocusBoy58
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03

Fan#: 38424
What I Drive: 01 Turbo,12 SE,95 Vette 396

FF Reputation: 14 FocusBoy58 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
Love every second of driving this car so far.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #60
iso3200
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86554
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 iso3200 Good Standing Member
I love my 5-speed manual Oxford White SE hatch with Sport and Winter packages. Sync and Bluetooth work flawlessly. So no MFT and no lazy-shifting auto. The less to hate, the more to love!

Bookmarks & Social Networks