DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #41
descentgate
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86793
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Tinted Metallic SEL

FF Reputation: 1 descentgate Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
descentgate sums my experience up so far. I've only had it for this afternoon and will give more feedback after my 40mi. commute to school tomorrow, with some highway and stop and go traffic, to see how the car responds. so far I too still have shudder at a stop, but as said, not quite as prominent.
I'll admit, I'm anything but placebo about that shuddering as my sensitivity was pretty high for the shudder, and I did feel it yesterday (at points even thinking the road was the shuddering), but today, not at all. I also tested the car in a parking garage (uber low speeds), and there was less hesitatation and the car did not feel laggy like it did before when going up the ramps (~5-10 mph)

The car is also 5000x as smoother as it was before, clicking through gears quickly and without much (if any at all) vibration.

- 2002 Ford Focus ZTS (CD Silver Metallic)
- 2012 Ford Focus SEL (Blue Candy Tinted Metallic)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #42
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Good to read. Thanks all for sharing in this thread. Going to the dealership on Sat. anyhow to go over some winter tire/rim options so seems like a good time to get them on this.

Feta, any further feedback now that you have some miles on after the fact?
Old 11-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #43
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Good to read. Thanks all for sharing in this thread. Going to the dealership on Sat. anyhow to go over some winter tire/rim options so seems like a good time to get them on this.

Feta, any further feedback now that you have some miles on after the fact?
Gonna give it a few more days for a full review... but sadly my car doesn't feel all that different to me. I'll keep driving and keep getting a feel for any differences... but unless my car is what you guys consider "smooth" then I still feel like I have some shudder.

May also take it by another dealership near my school's main campus and see if they can check my PCM version number
Sonic Crew #28
Old 11-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #44
JRicky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84998
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 JRicky Good Standing Member
Mine has been really, really well behaved *knocks on wood* so I'm not sure if it will help or not, but I'm going to call my favorite dealer and see if I can bring it in
Old 11-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #45
Starfury
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86844
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Starfury Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfury View Post
Not sure if I see the "problem" I'm having with my transmission described in the TSB.

It seems to chose far too low a gear (3rd I believe) when descending some hills after tapping the brakes in Sport mode. I usually shift out of it as it seems that there is entirely too much engine-braking on some grades. Some of the hills I drive down are a bit much for Drive, but not enough for 3rd.

Car was built 8/1.
I paid really close attention while driving today and I do get the *RPM flare* mentioned in the TSB. Definitely going to have it done.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #46
KaputtEqu1pment
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91122
What I Drive: 2012 Triple Plat White Focus Ti HB

FF Reputation: 1 KaputtEqu1pment Good Standing Member
Hmm, I haven't really been bothered bugbear symptoms. I almost liked the shaking. As the car is, I wouldn't classify it as bad, but should I update anyway? (considering the whole ain't broke don't fix mantra)
Old 11-02-2011, 02:35 PM   #47
Dr. Woo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90817
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sport SGM

FF Reputation: 0 Dr. Woo Newbie
Really good to hear the TSB is rectifying a lot of people's issues with the DCT. It's too bad Ford didn't act quickly enough to "right the wrongs" before Consumer Reports' annual review.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #48
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Im gonna get this done as soon as I drop the car off for another repair. I've been waiting for 2 months on strut bearings they need to replace to come in. I hate waiting.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #49
e350 coupe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84808
What I Drive: 2010 E-350 Coupe/2012 Titanium Htbk

FF Reputation: 5 e350 coupe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I do not get the timing of this

This update is only required on vehicles with a build date before August 12 2012

Yet they released an update on September 05 which they then recalled as it did not work

They then released this update on October 02 which solves some problems again only on vehicles built before august 12

It appears that vehicles built on or after august 12 2011 are a different transmission and Ford is attempting to resolve the issue through software and not hardware.

There is no other logical answer as to why the software and build dates do not coincide.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #50
e350 coupe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84808
What I Drive: 2010 E-350 Coupe/2012 Titanium Htbk

FF Reputation: 5 e350 coupe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
Im gonna get this done as soon as I drop the car off for another repair. I've been waiting for 2 months on strut bearings they need to replace to come in. I hate waiting.
why are you awaiting new strut bearings, I have been through a couple of sets including new struts, springs and torque bolts, I still have a clunking noise in front end. we are going to try tie rod ends, and or engine mounts next.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->